Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am not entirely sure what I am looking for here but hope that our multinational forum can point me in the right direction ;)

On films, adverts and video clips you at times hear latin dance music, thats the best description that I can name it. I always wanted to download lots of it to sample it even if I cant understand it, what I hear is still good to listen to.

On this link there is music in the background, I am fairly certain it is of South American origin. That is just a sample of what I am looking for.

When you see a film in Mexico and there is music being played it is also very catchy.

Can anyone give me some advice of a few artists to download? Or even song names.

I hope what I ask is well explained :rolleyes:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
By the sound of it, I think you might just like a music genre that's called reggaeton. Try entering that word in a P2P search engine. You might wanna look at artists like Noriega, Luny Tunes, Omar, Daddy Yankee to get going. Couldn't help you out with titles though.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Steph, I'll have a look now see what I find.

Anyone else can feel free to offer suggestions ;)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I don't really know what kind of latinomusic you mean. If it's the easy type with a guitarr(sp?) I don't have any idea of artists. But I know tons of reggaetonartists. Reaggeton is more like hip-hop but with spanish influence and lyrics.

Exept from the [great] artists Steph! recomended you should take a look at these:
Wisin y Yandel
Zion y Lennox
Baby Ranks

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Best Latin Singer right now is Juanes btw
reggeaton is massive down here, speccially the ones listed above by Messi and Steph, if you want a good critic of Latin music pm La blanca the RM poster, she s in love with the music.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Alter Ego said:
Best Latin Singer right now is Juanes btw
reggeaton is massive down here, speccially the ones listed above by Messi and Steph, if you want a good critic of Latin music pm La blanca the RM poster, she s in love with the music.
Juanes is great. I just got his song "La camisa negra", it's great! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Would you guys really call the song in the background of the link M10 posted Reggaeton? Could be, but usually Reggaeton sounds less happy, or less jumpy/happy I should say than this. Good track though. :)

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
yeah, i've heard alot of Juanes, i think Gipsy Kings come under the same Genre? they are also good

Jerry Rivera and some of Enriques earlier stuff is also good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts