Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some bits of Recoba 's interview with the roman "Radio-Radio". Talking about Sunday's goal, he confirmed not putting the ball in front of the point where Sommese had committed the foul. "I asked the referee if it was the right point. And then I usually put the ball a couple of meters behind in order to have more space and chances to shoot it over the wall". Which goal was best, Recoba 's or Ronaldo 's? The uruguayan player didn't answer, but said: "I told Ronaldo to move the ball a couple of meters behind. If you move it, I said, you have more chances to shoot it over the wall". Winning the match against Rome has changed things, it has made Inter aware of being able to win the scudetto: "But at the same time the week after we understood that we still didn't have the title, that there were other matches left before the end. The victory against Piacenza is a slice of the scudetto, but if we don't win next Sunday then all we have done before will have no meaning"

Alvaro Recoba doesn't leave space for suppositions: "We won't waste this chance, it is too many years that us, our families and our fans are suffering. Therefore Sunday we will play at the Olimpico to win. And even if we don't manage we will be proud of what we've done". Recoba showed great determination when interviewed by 'Radio-Radio': "It cannot be different. As Cuper said, in a South-American way, we will leave our lives on the pitch, as Juventus, Lazio and Roma have done when they were playing for something of this importance"

This is the last part of the interview Recoba did with Radio-Radio. Which are the reasons behind Inter's transformation? "First of all Cuper's arrival, which gave us many advantages, then the effort of the new players who wanted to show their talents, and the wish of revenge of the old players who were terribly upset with the last season" Who amongst Roma, Juventus and Inter has the toughest match on Sunday? Who will win the scudetto? ''I think that the toughest match is ours, against Lazio. It is one of the best teams of the past years and they will want to show that they are still among the best. Juventus has the easiest match at Udine, because Udinese is already safe" But how can Lazio fight with Inter if this will favor Roma? "I will never do anything to help Milan win the scudetto and I hope that Lazio will behave in a similar way...I don't know whether we will manage in winning the scudetto, but we will do our best to walk tall out of the Olimpico. One team has to win, but the other two certainly deserve an applause for having created such an exciting championship".

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
everyone is very confident about winning this game...let's play extra hard and win it, baby... :D:D:D if we win it, i'll change my avatar and the wallpaper...just want to see us holding the trophy... :D:D:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.