Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With alvaro recoba more likely to depart Inter at seasons end the rumours of a possible move to Sampdoria under old mentor Walter Novellino seems a very possible chance.The obvious stumbling block would be Recoba's huge wages,but the talented Uruguayan did enjoy some good times under Novellino at venezia.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
No. Won't happen.

·
Registered
46,402 Posts
Mmmm... the usual rumor which appears every time Recoba is left out.
I'll believe it just when I see Recoba wearing the wonderful shirt. :shades:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
God please nooooooooooo

Please don't let it happen
I woudl rather trade Vieri than Recoba

Any chance you guys want Vieri?

·
Registered
46,402 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
God please nooooooooooo

Please don't let it happen
I woudl rather trade Vieri than Recoba

Any chance you guys want Vieri?
Vieri? Tell him to be at Bogliasco tomorrow for the training!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Mmmm... the usual rumor which appears every time Recoba is left out.
I'll believe it just when I see Recoba wearing the wonderful shirt. :shades:
But this time its different, He wasn't just not a starter, But not even on the bench!!! For 2 extremely important games he is made to train with the Primavera with Davids. If he has any dignity left he will leave and save whats left of his wasted career.

·
Registered
46,402 Posts
Faisal said:
But this time its different, He wasn't just not a starter, But not even on the bench!!! For 2 extremely important games he is made to train with the Primavera with Davids. If he has any dignity left he will leave and save whats left of his wasted career.
No, it is not different. There are at least two things to consider, which have not changed yet and will hardly change:
1- Moratti loves Recoba (as a player I mean :D ). The choices made by Mancini won't affect Moratti's opinion.
2- Recoba's wages are still too high for a club like Sampdoria.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
He took a paycut twice and Im sure he will do it again. The problem may be the transfer fee more than the wages IMO.

Depends if you get in the CL really.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Faisal said:
Depends if you get in the CL really.
Well Toni believes that should be no problem really ;)

·
Registered
46,402 Posts
Faisal said:
He took a paycut twice and Im sure he will do it again. The problem may be the transfer fee more than the wages IMO.
I don't exactly know which are the wages of Recoba now but I remember that once upon a time his wages were about 7 m per season. At Samp the highest wages are more or less 0.7 m per season (Flachi, Volpi, Inzaghi Jr.). I doubt that El Chino could accept a cut to 10% of the previous wages, while the management of Sampdoria firmly keeps the wages under this threshold.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
It shouldn't be a big problem. Inter and Sampdoria are the CL qualifiers in my opinnion, the order is really in the air but most likely Inter.

Also, Palermo is not a threat. Roma is nota threat. End of story

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
It shouldn't be a big problem. Inter and Sampdoria are the CL qualifiers in my opinnion, the order is really in the air but most likely Inter.

See Tony :stuckup:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I don't care. Sampdoria are a lock for the CL. IMO not Tony's

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
ToniSamp said:
I don't exactly know which are the wages of Recoba now but I remember that once upon a time his wages were about 7 m per season. At Samp the highest wages are more or less 0.7 m per season (Flachi, Volpi, Inzaghi Jr.). I doubt that El Chino could accept a cut to 10% of the previous wages, while the management of Sampdoria firmly keeps the wages under this threshold.
Well there are like 2.5m now, Im sure he would lower them as he has done it before like I said. Not once but twice without being asked by Moratti. I think its not a big issue if you get into the CL.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Faisal don't worry REcoba will start next game

·
Registered
822 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Well, what about those stripey tossers from Udine then? All I can say about Recoba is that when rumours are THIS persistent, it usually means that it isn't just taken out of pure thin air. But it is also very hard to see a club managing its wages as disciplined as Samp sign an expensive star like Recoba, and I doubt that it would change just because we'd qualify for the CL.

Perhaps Mancini is trying to direct Recoba towards Samp? You know, secretly expelling him to the Primavera so that he'll move away and strengthen the club of Mancio's heart? :D ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts