Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recoba Heading Towards Arsenal
2/11/2005 4:55:00 PM
The Gunners are interested in signing Inter’s Alvaro Recoba to take the place of the disappointing Pires.
‘Il Chino’ has been sitting down on the bench for most of this season and even though the Uruguay player has vowed eternal love to Inter, his patience may be running low.

Arsenal are looking for a player with Pires’ characteristics and they have targeted Recoba as his perfect replacement. The Inter forward would be interested in a move to England as he would finally get to play regular football.

If the English club decides to make a move for the talented South American player, than they will have to fight off the competition of Sevilla, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
I saw this posted in the Arsenal rumour thread, It is not a AW type of player.

Arsenal play 4-4-2 which ends up as 4-2-4 and well they have Henry as the support striker, Recoba wouldn't be needed.

Plus we all know how S.American's don't adapt to the EPL

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mate I like a players from all around the world, Bergkamp is one of my favourite players even though I don't think he touches Recoba.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have to reply to everything don't you? Over 5000 posts already you've only been posting for one month, What are you up to?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Do you reckon he will be inconsistent at Arsenal too?

In the past week I've noticed two attacks on Interista's number of posts when the fact is that he is here for the same reason as all of us, which is to post. The quality of threads goes down when posters start making personal attacks. Shouldn't you be concentrating on a common ground which is Inter?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He isn't inconsistent at Inter so I doubt he will be inconsistent at Arsenal especially when he gets consistent games it will be scary to think what he could do. Depends what you mean by inconsistent. If Chino is inconsistent then Maradona is too as nobody is great all the time otherwise we would have basketball scores.

6 starts this season 5 goals 6 assists. Well thats very consistent just that he is inconsistently played.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Faisal said:
6 starts this season 5 goals 6 assists. Well thats very consistent just that he is inconsistently played.
so what he still inconsistent IMO :tongue: in those matches he played he didn't defend well , our defence was exposed because of recoba :mad: , he didn't cover materazzi a$$ in those games he should have DONE better, his goalkeeping abilities is just embarrassing he can't hold the ball :wallbang: i can't believe how he left toldo alone and go forward he should stayed alongside toldo we can't play with just one keeper we need two yet that a$$hole called recoba escape from his duties :groan:.

recoba is a disgrace in world of football we put him as goalkeeper,defender,fullback,DM,LM,RM yet he was a big disappoint for us i say sell the B!tch he is useless

·
U get what U give
8,784 Posts
2T said:
so what he still inconsistent IMO :tongue: in those matches he played he didn't defend well , our defence was exposed because of recoba :mad: , he didn't cover materazzi a$$ in those games he should have DONE better, his goalkeeping abilities is just embarrassing he can't hold the ball :wallbang: i can't believe how he left toldo alone and go forward he should stayed alongside toldo we can't play with just one keeper we need two yet that a$$hole called recoba escape from his duties :groan:.

recoba is a disgrace in world of football we play him as goalkeeper,defender,fullback,DM,LM,RM yet he was a big disappoint for us i say sell the B!tch he is useless
:eekani: hahahaha looooool!!
I can say that this post is better than mine in the Inter - Rome thread :thmbup:
anyway, I can`t see this happens, it`s only a rumour IMO, but If this going to happen realy, I`ll be so glad, He will find the spaces he needs at least, and with Henry! wow!! they could make the best partnership in the history of football. :star: :star:

·
Registered
61,289 Posts
Interista said:
Arsenal play 4-4-2 which ends up as 4-2-4 and well they have Henry as the support striker, Recoba wouldn't be needed.
Nah, Henry is Arsenal's focal point in attack. Him dropping back is correct, but he plays infront of Bergkamp. The second striker is Bergkamp, he does the supporting role.

So if Arsenal indeed are interested in Recoba (doubt it) then he'd replace the ageing Bergkamp.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Where can I pay for his taxi to the airport?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Ohh yeah and I'll be happy to pick up Reyes at the airport. When is he arriving, is it at 6 or 7 PM?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Didn't Moratti say something like ''Arsenal will be lucky to get 15 goals out of him'' when Bergkamp went to Arsenal. Hopefully Arsenal will show once again thats its Inter and not the player.

Thats if Moratti lets him go, Which I doubt very much.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
just imagine Recoba in an Arsenal shirt. Doesn't suit him at all :tongue:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts