1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've haven't been on XT for a while! :embarass:

but i'm on now! :D
and here is just a re-cap of some stuff i didn't get to post about

wow what can i say about recent results since my last post here ...

well firstly the 4-1 defeat at Arsenal

at least we scored! :) a quality strike by Huckerby but to be honest we didn't put up much of a fight overall :(

next came the shock of the season against Manchester United :happy:

2-0 was a truely unbelievable score-line :proud: , clean sheets have been like gold dust for us!
ok, the Man Yoo starting line-up was missing a few key players but Rooney, Ronaldo and RVN were all on long before the end of the match.
In fact it was Rooney who assisted both goals :howler:
his foul gave Bentley the chance to cross into the box and Ashton scored with a great header (maybe Howard could of done a bit more, but still a fine goal)
for the goal that sealed it Rooney lost the ball and Huckerby started a counter and Ashton fed McKenzie to finish it off :cool: :thmbup: :happy:

This was followed by the crucial match at Crystal Palace last saturday.
It was a massive game but as has happened a number of times - points were thrown away from a winning position :(

After being a goal down very early on the lads got themselves into a 3-1 lead thanks to goals from Ashton and McKenzie who are now becoming a decent looking partnership :cool:
Johnson was always a threat and was always looking to get into the box and create an opportunity for himself (from the spot ;) :irritate: ) and he did so late on when Shackell apparently bundled him over - looked like a dive to me :(

But the 2-1 win against Newcastle on Wednesday makes up for it and it is so so tight at the bottom now!

The Charlton game is a must, must win.
OTBC!!! :happy:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts