Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Injury blow for Ljungberg

Ljungberg could miss two matches against Chelsea
Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg could be out of action for three weeks after picking up a rib injury.
The Swede cracked a rib in the 2-1 win over Manchester City and may miss Arsenal's FA Cup and Premiership clashes with Chelsea.

"I got hit by a City player and it hurt like hell," said Ljungberg.

"On Sunday night the pain was so bad that I needed to take some painkillers to enable me to sleep."

The next likely date for his return is the Champions League trip to Celta Vigo on 24 February.

well it looks like freddy is going to be out for a while... do you think wenger will finally bring back pennant??

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
no.... i want pennant back.,... plse wenger plse...
no, i think he will play pires and reyes on the field.

and i'll take reyes > pennant anyday

sorry to the lad, i think his time at highbury might be over. however leeds cant afford him.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well reyes might, but we have never seen pennant play at his full potential... give him a chance before writin him off....

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
if Wiltord doesn't get fit soon we may get him back,also if Wiltord is in all talks with PSG,i don't know how useful he will be for the rest of the year.

·
63,337 Posts
well yes so would I,but i don't think Wenger will if he has other options.

Parlour and Reyes could both play there,i was just saying if Wiltord is of no use he may recall him,but if Wiltord is available i don't think he will recall Pennant from Leeds as he's getting regular football.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
In this situation, I think Wenger will play Reyes on the left wing and Pires on the right wing with Bergkamp still play as second striker. We all know that Pires also can play at the right as good as his favorite side. And Reyes plays his best football as left winger in Sevilla. And I am waiting to see him in action ;). So I don't think we will recall Pennant back this season. But we should bring him in again next season.

Too bad, Freddy sustained injury for the Chelsea match. Henry, DB10, Pires and Freddy are one of the best midfield-forward partnership I've ever seen. They understand each other like real brothers.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Too bad, Freddy sustained injury for the Chelsea match. Henry, DB10, Pires and Freddy are one of the best midfield-forward partnership I've ever seen. They understand each other like real brothers.
yes it is wonderful, breatheless beautiful, wondrous...

·
63,337 Posts
looks like Fred will be out for a while :(

i'd play Reyes for home games and easy opposition and Razor for the tough away games when we need a bit more defensive nous.

so for Wolves it would be an attacking line up

José-------Gil-------Paddy------Bob

------------Den
----------------------Titi

course Bob and José can switch,depending on how they feel about it and how it works on the training pitch.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
looks like Fred will be out for a while :(

i'd play Reyes for home games and easy opposition and Razor for the tough away games when we need a bit more defensive nous.

so for Wolves it would be an attacking line up

José-------Gil-------Paddy------Bob

------------Den
----------------------Titi

course Bob and José can switch,depending on how they feel about it and how it works on the training pitch.
lets just hope we dont stuff up again easy teams!! this "should" be easy 3 points in the bag!

·
63,337 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
lets just hope we dont stuff up again easy teams!! this "should" be easy 3 points in the bag!
i quite like your naturally pessimistic attitude,Swifty :D

go on say it,we are going to win this one 10-0 ;)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:

i have this problem

whenever i say arsenal should win, they draw or lose.

so thats why you'll always here me say "i hope for a win", "we should win" i shall never say a defient "yes we win" ever again :cool:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
i have this problem

whenever i say arsenal should win, they draw or lose.

so thats why you'll always here me say "i hope for a win", "we should win" i shall never say a defient "yes we win" ever again :cool:
wow

the same for me

just hope to win
any win
just a win

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:

isn't there a smart line between pessimism and over-optimisim ?

if there is,

i am in it :D

0-2 puh-leez. No more, No Less !

nEEbz

1 - 20 of 21 Posts