Xtratime Community banner

Reasons why Hapoel Tel Aviv-Leviev deal went down?

320 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Gilli 
#1 ·
There is many reasons, but one of the reasons which made it clear and simple was this:

Lev Leviev is a russian billionaire who made his money in importing diamonds and being a chairman of the Africa-Israel group. If those who dont know what Africa-Israel group is, well...it is a real estate group, which deals with office buildings, resedentials and malls in Israel and abroad. They are a heavy player.

With buying Hapoel Tel Aviv, Leviev assumes the right to Blumfield stadium which is old and neglected. The thing he was planniong on doing was to break down Blumfield stadium and create skyrise apartments in Yaffo and make money out of it....

Ofcourse, 2 things happened in this case:
1) There was tought issues in getting Hapoel to move in the first place let alone find a new place. The places which they found are not in the Tel Aviv-Jaffo area. Places like Holon and Ramat Hasharon were brought up and it seemed far fetched. As well as Ramat Aviv area...near the big park.....

2) when all the costs and overhead are calculated.... Leviev would not make anything from it, since he would have to pay the fees to constructing the towers, getting paid by the developers and then making a new stadium in Tel Aviv.... This would not make him any profit, if at all, will make him in the minus in reality....

so thats why Leviev opted out of the deal

See less See more
#3 ·
kingboris2 said:
or maybe cause he's a crook who just talks alot, but when it comes time to actually do something he backs down? I am not hapoel fan, but I don't like what he did to the fans...
I agree and i'm disappointed with myself for actually believing all this crap! i kept saying that Israel has all these rich clubs Netanya, Hapoel, Beitar, maybe even Maccabi. And so far the only team we've seen move is Beitar. You must appreciate Gaidamak, he says what he does and he does what he says. Theres no bullshit with him and when he decides to do something he does it right, in return he gets all this crap from all the jealous people in Israel. I can't believe i was stupid enough to fall for all the crap these rich bastards and the media have said. One second a deal is on and another second the deal is of!

#4 ·
Somehow we are immune to feeling that once someone comes in with a billion dollar of wealth the team can compete.

We have quotas in Israel and we have so many restrictions on buying players. You cannot simply make an artifical foreign team.

Like we saw, they can still run into many problems because of this.

We need real and authentic owners and not ones that make money or do it because they wanna run out of problems that they created...
Im not saying to have a no name owner with no funds and no reality, but a sense of soccerness come in...

#5 ·
i agree, we need an owner who has a passion for the team and loves football, not a man who wants the team for publicity, or for his business. An owner with passion is what makes a good team, because he actually cares. Now i don't know if Gaidamak has a passion for Beitar, since i know he likes his publicity, but i do know that Gaidamak is always concenrned with how well Beitar is doing and what type of problems they have, that is good. It was difficult for him to build a team during the time he bought it. Im sure that in the summer we won't see so many transfers but will see a team with more chemistry.

#6 ·
When i said in another thread that there are politics involved in football some people told me i was wrong. But this issue with Leviev just proves how much intrest there is behind the pitch. Many people at Hapoel management would lose space and utility under Leviev´s rule and so they attack saying they do not agree in signing Grant and also this Bloomfield story that Kappa brought us. I believe Leviev wanted the deal since sports nowadays brings a lot of money and specially in a club like Hapoel Tel Aviv which is big in Israel. I don´t think it was only Leviev´s fault, but also from some members of the Hapoel board.

#7 ·
The reason is very simple actually, in my opinion anyway. Leviev never really wanted Hapoel, he just did it because he was being a true gentleman towards his close friends Abramovich. Thing is, Leviev and football are two completely different worlds, a religious businessman who doesn't like to speak with the media now has to manage a team that is so well covered by the annoying sports-media and also play their games on Saturdays...not his cup of tea. The whole Agiv-Shareholders story was just a nice way to get out of it.

One thing I fail to understand is why they were so quick to sign with Grant. Now Leviev owes him some serious money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.