Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spanish daily Marca is reporting that Juventus will open talks with Real Madrid next week regarding the sale of their Brazilian midfielder Emerson.
It appears Emerson is not a happy man in Turin despite the great results he is achieving with Juventus this season.

For this reason the 29 year old would welcome a move to the ‘more Brazlian’ Spanish capital powerhouse.

Emerson was already on the verge of a move to Madrid last summer as Real had agreed to terms with his former club AS Roma, but preferred to join former coach Capello in Turin instead.

Emerson is valued at around 30 million Euros.

--------------------

WTF ??????????????

if this really true then Emerson is like a Biatch

but 30m Euros is good

·
Registered
440 Posts
I dont understand why Emo is unhappy..I saw the news also on www.goal.com and was really surprised..

But we cant lose him..one of the best DM in the world and maybe our most important player this season.
I cant and I wont believe this..I'm hoping that this is just a media rumour and not the truth.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if he wants to leave I think we can get Viera for less than 30m Euros ... and we will save some million Euros for other players

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I can't believe how some ppl believe in this crap, that's something beyond me!

Unhappy Emerson? Why?
He MUST play in Italy bcz of his son, why would he leave the very successful Juve to join the flopping overrated piece of sh1ts Real Madrid?
As iif they got money those Spanish craps, let them 1st pay Ronaldo's money..

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
And please, don't compare Emerson to Vieira, Emerson is a different level.. Much much better than Vieira he never made it out of the EPL.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Well we're talking about a "man" who invented mental difficulties in order to avoid being with Roma, so I pretty much expect anything from that piece of shit.

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
With all due respect, Emerson was jumping ship in a team that was coming off at the seams in Rome. At Juve there's no such situation, he's been an integral part of a team that has done rather well up till now.

I think the rumor is BS, i wouldn't surprise me at all if Marca just pulled this out of thin air.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I don't see your point. We've had other players leaving the club who still are respected, like Walter Samuel. Emerson's complete lack of character showed in the way he left Roma - hiding in Brazil with an invented mental disease, refusing to join Real Madrid even if it would give Roma twice the amount of money. He's as disloyal as it gets - and no; the loyalty he had towards the pre-contract he verbally signed with Juve doesn't prove the opposite, far from it.

One thing is leaving the sinking ship (to what extent is Roma a sinking ship btw?) Leaving with dignity is something else and Emerson did the opposite. Emerson is a bona fide rat.

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
I can understand your animosity towards Emerson, but 'disloyalty' to Roma doesn't mean that he will be disloyal to Juve.
And it's not for you or me to say whether Emerson's mental illness was real or fancied, depression is a medical condition, as are a multitude of mental problems. Don't forget he was under a lot of pressure due to the break up of his marriage.

And not that it justifies his actions, but it was imperative that he stayed in Italy due to the custody of his kid. And regardless of that, a player does have the right to choose which club he wants to go to, even if the club he's leaving gets a smaller transfer fee as a result.
Sure you can blame him for the pre-contract and what not, but Emerson doesn't strike me as a fickle nor insincere person.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Nero said:
Emerson doesn't strike me as a fickle nor insincere person.
The reasons you stated above doesn't tell you something when put together in a pattern?

I doubt the transfer will happen, but God how I will absolutely love life if he turns around and bites Juve in the ass as well. I'm getting all shivery just thinking of it.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Nero said:
With all due respect, Emerson was jumping ship in a team that was coming off at the seams in Rome. .
Coming off at the seams? Ha. We were doing perfectly well until Prandelli left. I actually remember reading a post by a Juventino or two saying that they were envious of our setup.

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
Well look at his overall track record, he's been a problem-free player for several clubs.

Contrast normal circumstances with that of a turbulent period in his personal life and career in his last season in Roma, and you have a person that is probably not thinking at his most rational.

Moggi smelling blood and as always making the best of things, offers Emerson a great contract, as well as a stable and secure enviornment at a time when he probably feels very vulnerable. No one put a gun to his head to sign the deal, but it's understandable why he did.

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
romafan53 said:
Coming off at the seams? Ha. We were doing perfectly well until Prandelli left. I actually remember reading a post by a Juventino or two saying that they were envious of our setup.
Roma did faulter in the last third of the season, which ultimately enabled Milan to take the Scudetto comfortably. As for off the field, there were continuous rumors about players not being paid their wages for months among them Emerson, as well as the omnipresent debt problems that Roma had, which in turn cast doubt on the future of the club and its players.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
What you're talking about here is by generic term known as women

Contrast normal circumstances with that of a turbulent period in his personal life and career in his last season in Roma, and you have a person that is probably not thinking at his most rational.

Moggi smelling blood and as always making the best of things, offers Emerson a great contract, as well as a stable and secure enviornment at a time when he probably feels very vulnerable. No one put a gun to his head to sign the deal, but it's understandable why he did.

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
I didn't know women had a monopoly over being depressed over a failing marriage, worrying about custody issues, and wanting financial security and a stable enviorment to work in.

I must have missed the memo on that.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Why didn't you just say that in the first place instead of forking out that girly, whining glob? Emerson is a pro, and should act accordingly. That mental illness of his was fake, no doubt about that. How the hell would he even be able to stand up during Roma-Juve a couple of weeks ago if he was that weak mentally? Emerson's a loser.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Nero said:
Roma did faulter in the last third of the season, which ultimately enabled Milan to take the Scudetto comfortably. As for off the field, there were continuous rumors about players not being paid their wages for months among them Emerson, as well as the omnipresent debt problems that Roma had, which in turn cast doubt on the future of the club and its players.
We faultered? And still finished ahead of the side he subsequently joined? Ah, now his decision makes sense....yeah.. Rumours, yada, yada, he took a massive pay-cut to join you, it's safe enough to assume that money was a secondary issue.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts