Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to buy a Thuram, Cannavaro or Nesta.

A world class midfielder and a right sided midfielder too for cover.

Sell Anelka and get Tristan and promote Aganzo and Etoo.

We don't need losers like Solano, Makele or Denilson. We need to build on the success like we did not do two years ago

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I don't think we need to spend tons of money to buy players like Thuram, Cannavaro or Nesta. Nesta is not for sale anyway!
I don't see why we need defensive players. Our defense has become solid with the move of Helguera.
A world class midfielder now... another story. The Veron rumor again... That also depends a lot on the players we're going to sell. Let's assume we don't sell Savio (haven't heard anything), Macca (I seriously doubt selling him) or Redondo (not for sale anyway)
How do you see the starting 11 then?

Let's say:
---------Casillas--------

------I.Campo--Karanka
---------Helguera
Salgado-------------R.Carlos

Macca-----Redondo-----Savio

-----Raul-------Mori/Anelka

The new MF where?

P.S. I don't think we'll sell Anelka either.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Welcome Hernan!

I strongly disagree about your thoughts on our team. We won the CL with this team and if we can keep the squad intact there is a fair chance to do it again.
Maybe the Center Defence is weak, I dont know but i have a feeling that Campo and Karanka just had great ends at the season and they are not world-class. Your choiches amaze me. They are very Basic. Since you are new you should know we have excluded them as possible
buys.

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I think your team would be perfect with the addition of Veron (while not loosing Salgado to Lazio)!! Talking about dream team, also sell Anelka (to fund any moves that are needed, replace him with Kiko, Tristan, Salva whoever that wont cost big bucks) and someone please please inform me about Hierro´s situation!!!

With this formation Real´s playing style could offer many variations, for example Helguera can change his position to support the midfield if needed!!

Casillas

Helguera
Hierro (Campo) Karanka (J. Cesar)

Salgado (Geremi) R.Carlos
Redondo (Helguera)

Macca (Geremi) Veron(Savio)

Raul
Morientes

Doesn´t it look good???

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Watch out fellas!, we're starting to mega-speculate here and we have to ask ourselves if that is what we want. Everyone agrees a good defender is needed and I agree with you big time HALA! - Campo and Karanka have been great lately, but are they world-class? I really don't know and that's why I'm really starting to get worried there are news linking defenders to Real Madrid!? Is Sanz making the same old mistake again! About Veron - it's just pure speculation and at least I will refuse to put him in my possible Real Madrid team, as I see no base whatsoever to see he's coming to Madrid.

------------------
Patryk L. AKA labas

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with you labas in that I don't see and in some ways don't feel the need to go out and spend maega bucks on a nesta etc. Yeah it would be nice but.... I see us needing 1 or 2 good cultured young centre backs probably Spanish or Argentine. Look at the type of player Pirri is shortlisting - Sergio, Mendez, Marchena Cufre etc. These are the kind of players we need to sustain a very bright future. As someone said before a recent Real game I watched, Real are often underdogs because they don't have 11 over-payed megastars but a few stars and the rest very very good players who play well as a team.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Well that is in many ways true, but w also have to remember Real is far from it's peak and can still improve big time! I mean I dunno about you guys, but my aim is to get the treble next year, and we may not be able to, with the current squad we have. I say this, because I wanna be honest here. If we are to go for the Treble, or even a double would do ( :)), then we do need reinforcements and one star player woud help the cause. I always say the most vulnuerable place in Real's current team is the playmaker role and I still have that feeling.We may of course buy a Tsartas, which I back with all my heart, but even then I have certain doubts will that be enough. I dunno really why, nbut the way football is now expanding is scary to say the least. I can now say this based on my own expieriences as I had my first training session in a football team yesterday and I already see how tiring it must be to play at the top level every 3 days! It is simply impossbile and the injuries will come :( That's why Real have to have a very big squad, and a pretty even one too. I have said this once and I'll say it again - sometimes I'm glad I'm not Vicente del Bosque :) hehe, more often though, I would love to be there with our Madritistas :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have more faith in Campo than most I think. I think that he really lost confidence (and in football, that is key my friends!) in WC 98. He played like s**t. But, the guy was all right, indeed, pretty good in Mallorca. Besides, he's only 25.

If he grow up a little bit (and leave the hair like that) I think he will be a reliable player.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
LOL, why he should leave his hair style in order to success?!...haha.....
Anyway, I don't really hate him that much (If he can make himself look better, that will be better).
We should find a good MD at his position, then when Campo does stupid things again or injure, we can have one more choice.....

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, it's kind of like the story of Sampson. If he cuts his hair, he loses his power!

I do agree with you though RP though..

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Campo's game has turned really solid lately. Like Pablo said, he seems to have regained confidence after being a starter for the last two months.

What did you expect anyway? A player that's left on the bench all the time, having the papers and everybody criticizing him all the time on his performance... It's so difficult when you have to prove your value in every single move you make with the ball, no wonder that you'll be stressed and make mistakes.
I think Campo has earned everybody's respect by now. I expect him to improve even more.
Now, is he and Karanka world class? I really can't answer that. Experience adds a lot to the defensive players' game. Which defender is world class at a young age anyway? Very few (like Nesta or Maldini 8-10 years ago), most of them get world class recognition at an after 26-27 age (the examples here are infinite).

My point is that we have managed (after a long and painful way) to gather a solid defense.
Let's not forget that 2 players from our defense have a multi-roled game (R.Carlos and M.Salgado) with their wing-forwarding, which makes the CD's task a lot harder in counter attacks. That's exactly why we needed Helguera, so that he can have the free role to cover up for those gaps, while Karanka and I.Campo focuse in their pure single-player defense.

I really don't see the point in experimenting all over again.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Hey guys, let's nopt get carried away here - I mean we all remember Campo's dreadful blunders, don't we? It was really horrific and I for one can't forget it that easily. Also the haircut drives me mad :( But I agree he's been very solid lately and one new young defender will do in our squad. Then one playmaker and everythings cool, I guess. I hope we don't have to sell Hierro though :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts