Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know more about atletico's madrid relation to real, I know real is the club of the middle class and up, while poorer people are fans of atletico. But I always thought the derbies between real and atletico seemed kind of without much tension and rivalry´. IT seems to be nothing against the rivalry between real and Barcelona, but what are atletico's relation to barca? Do they hate them aswell, or do they cheer for them as they are your biggest rival? I heard espanyol and real fans like each other and cheer for each other teams, does the same thing happens between Barca and atletico fans?

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
A broad general statement, I know it doesn't apply to 100% of the fans

The derby between Atletico and El Real are intense, no doubt about that. The last 3 and a half year, have been different as Atletico spent 2 seasons in 2nd divison, but the deerby is there.

In Madrid and Barcelona, most people root for two teams , the one they love and the team that is playing the one they hate. For Barcelona fans, its Madrid, for Madrid fans is Barcelona. So, if Madrid is playing Espanyol, I would root for Espanyol that week. Same goes for the Madrid fans.

For Atletico de Madrid fans, it applies to Real Madrid. If Barcelona is playing Real Madrid, they will root for Barcelona bt for the other weeks, they want Barcelona to lose (unless you have bet them in the quiniela)

For the rest of the country, if you live in a large football city, Bilbao, San Sebastian, A Coruña, Valencia, Sevilla you root for your team and want Barcelona and Madrid to lose all the time. If you are from a small city like Albacete, Murcia, Gijon, etc, you root for your team and also root for one of the so called "big" teams. There is a poster here, named Mendieta that roots for Valladolid but also for Madrid, like him, there are millions of fans, very commom occurence.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
i either wanted this thread. :D ;)
barça said:
If you are from a small city like Albacete, Murcia, Gijon, etc, you root for your team and also root for one of the so called "big" teams.
my beloved spaniard brother-in-law is a case. ;) he is malaganian. he roots for malaga no doubt. and he either supports real madrid the same as me. what a nice coincidence! :) if he supported barca, my sister would not pick him. :D that is what he told me that each spaniard supported two teams.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I even like Atletico :D ...ehmm ok :tongue: No, I liked Atletico as long as Mr. Husky appeared on the forum ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts