Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real Madrid buy Lauren

I just heard on talksport than Real Madrid claim to be signing Lauren in january!

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
If true expect AW to sign Trabelsi.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Florentino Perez = wanker.

Check this out:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=243360

Meanwhile, Perez hinted he will use underhand tactics to bolster the Real ranks in the future after complimenting Arsenal manager Wenger's transfer dealings.

He added: "Whatever we do in the transfer market we will just let Arsenal show us who their targets are and then go after them ourselves.

"Wenger doesn't seem to make many mistakes."

---------

"BREAKING NEWS: ARSENAL TO RE-SIGN STEPANOVS AND JEFFERS?"

:D All the more reason to draw them so we can stick one up this cancer.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Just let them take Lauren and get Trabelsi as a replacement.

Then launch a bid for Marcus Stewart!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
blimey, we now got Chelsea and RM waiting to see who we want to sign, and i'm sure Fergie got Guiseppe Rossi because he heard there was an Arsenal scout at 28 Parma yoot games last season.

·
63,337 Posts
Perez said he will sign in January but that means he won't go til next summer.

anyway, i expect Dein to report Perez for tapping up, not it will do much good but you have to make a stand.

Lauren will stay at the Arsenal i am sure of that.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I really can't work out why they'd want Lauren to begin with. He's a good player, but nothing else, especially since they have Salgado already and Lauren won't sit on their bench when he's a guaranteed starter for us.

·
63,337 Posts
he's been better than Salgado this season, anyway they might want him to play in midfield, they wanted him before when he was at Mallorca but they wouldn't meet the asking price that we paid.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Give me a break.

Real Madrid jelous of Arsenal?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no wait..............

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH.

·
63,337 Posts
khimik said:
Jealousy, that's all it is.
and laziness, cheating and also an admission of inferiority in my book, not only do we have to compete against much richer clubs, now we can't even bridge the gap becaus of our superb scouting.

still DD and AW are hardly likely to make their targets public, i think Perez is talking out of his arse basically, does he think DD and AW are idiots ?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
Give me a break.

Real Madrid jelous of Arsenal?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no wait..............

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH.
Then why say he'll just buy players we're interested in? Unlike Real Madrid, we actually have a very sound and successful scouting system. We're just some midle of the road club punching above our weight, what else would that wanker do that for?

If we're that unimportant then he shouldn't need to steal players away from us, should he?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
and laziness, cheating and also an admission of inferiority in my book, not only do we have to compete against much richer clubs, now we can't even bridge the gap becaus of our superb scouting.

still DD and AW are hardly likely to make their targets public, i think Perez is talking out of his arse basically, does he think DD and AW are idiots ?
"We're hoping for a gift from Jesus" - Arsene Wenger, days before signing Jose Antonio Reyes. I'm sure Perez wouldn't pick up that Jesus is Jesus Antonio Reyes, Jose's agent and brother :shades:.

Nobody can predict what we'll do in the market in the first place.

·
Banned
65 Posts
'Lauren, Edu set for Spain moves'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=318971&cc=5901

Arsenal could be hit by a double Spanish raid, with Lauren and Edu being linked with moves to Primera Liga giants Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Real are reportedly set to snap up Cameroon international Lauren when his contract runs out in the summer.

Bernabeu president Florentino Perez is quoted in The Sun as saying: 'Lauren will play for Real Madrid next season because his contract will expire. We have him signed.'

Brazil midfielder Edu, meanwhile, has expressed a desire to join Barcelona after stalling on signing a new deal at Highbury.

The 26-year-old told the same newspaper: 'I'll continue belonging to Arsenal and want to play if I'm fit.

'But I'm very happy with the interest from Barca. They're playing very well and can win everything this year.

'I know Ronaldinho and he's the world's best player at the moment. It'd be magnificent to play alongside him.'

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Lauren Threads merged

·
Registered
791 Posts
Lauren may be exiting Highbury

Arsenal midfielder Lauren has dismissed reports he has agreed to join Real Madrid at the end of the season but admits he could still be on his way out of Highbury.
The Cameroon international's contract is up next summer and he has yet to agree a new deal with the Gunners.

Real chairman Fiorentino Perez has been quoted as saying: 'Lauren will play for Real Madrid next season. We have him signed.'

However, the 27-year-old told The Sunday Times: 'I'd like to stay here. I feel good here and think Arsenal's the best place to be.'

Lauren did warn, though, that he could be forced to look elsewhere if the Gunners do not come up with a favourable offer.

'Well, you can get injured and not be able to play any more, so you have to think of other things as well,' he added.

'Arsenal know what I need and how to cope with this situation.

'From next month I can speak to other clubs, but I'm not thinking about that. I'm leaving everything to my agent.

'I'm just focusing on my game, and whatever happens, I'll keep focused and be professional through to May. If I do my best on the pitch, everything else will fall into place.'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure what to make of this........

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I think that might be over the length of the deal than anything else as I think Lauren wants to play the rest of his prime with us (for a fullback that's usually till they're 32) before heading back to Spain in the twilight of his career.

Lauren'll be an excellent teacher for Eboue and Hoyte if he stays. He's got experience with Arsenal in winning the Premiership, playing in the CL and playing at International level.

·
63,337 Posts
It's about time we stopped letting players getting down to the last years of their contract, if we lose Lauren and Edu that's quite a lot of money we could have got if we sold them last year.

Wiltord £4m
Lauren £5m
Edu £5m

just a guess but if we sold them before the last year i reckon that's what we could have got for them, it's a lot of money to be losing. :sigh:

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
khimik said:
"We're hoping for a gift from Jesus" - Arsene Wenger, days before signing Jose Antonio Reyes. I'm sure Perez wouldn't pick up that Jesus is Jesus Antonio Reyes, Jose's agent and brother :shades:.

Nobody can predict what we'll do in the market in the first place.
i dont remember wenger saying that. did he actually say that???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts