Discussion Starter #1
Real Madrid

Real the sleeping giant

Vs

Villarreal

Villarreal still in the mix

Santiago Bernabéu,
Madrid, Sunday 4th January

The winter break is over and th action resumes with this very exciting game lined up. 2 clubs which are not even in the champions league places currently and who desperatly need a win in order to catch those ahead of them and with the table so tight(excluding Barca) then one win against a rival makes a big difference.

Villarreal should have Joseba Llorente back for this one and they do need his goals. Giuseppe Rossi has stopped scoring and Nihat still hasn't hit top form and without that, the team becomes very solid but lacks a cutting edge in attack.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Real Madrid - Villarreal 1-0.

Villarreal was good second half, but Casillas was his old usual self so he kept the clean sheet

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i saw this one, Robben was brilliant and Casillas did save Real time and time again as usual. At the end of the day no real complaints Villarreal had chances which they squandered, a bit of heading practice in particular is needed Rossi should have scored with his

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
so upsetting what is happening to villareal, even senna and cazorla are not playing good like before, now down to 6th position and next week against valencia....come on villareal!!

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4 lost in a row i think it is now, a win against Valencia is needed now more than ever

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
will be tough against valencia but i think villareal will win....valencia goalie is so crappy

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
^ Untrue, I'm afraid.

Renan's distribution is questionable but he's an alright keeper. Sometimes he's the only one holding our defense with his calm head when the likes of Marchena are running around clueless like headless chickens. Our defense is our Achiles' heel, not our keeper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts