Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well La Liga restarts again after a very short winter break with a game against Murcia on saturday in the Bernabeu. Murcia are really struggling and they lay second to bottom with only the pittiful Espanyol behind them. If im not mistaken Murcia ahave just aquired Barca's Bonano and are also close to signing Valencia's Juan Sanchez.

On paper this should be an easy game but we havent really shown to brush aside smaller teams this year so im expecting a close score.

Hala Madrid !

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hala Madrid said:
What do you mean? :confused:
Christmas holidays goes to end for me...:tongue:
..............and no ChL for about 2 months...

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Go

i hope all players didn't eat too much on their holidays...
we should win this game, but if everyone comes up with there belly fulled, then this will be one of those "we get a goal on the 10th minute, we equalize on the 60th, ronaldo score the win on the 86th minute...."

2:1 for madrid.
________
Volcano vaporizer

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
sagyv said:
i hope all players didn't eat too much on their holidays...
we should win this game, but if everyone comes up with there belly fulled, then this will be one of those "we get a goal on the 10th minute, we equalize on the 60th, ronaldo score the win on the 86th minute...."

2:1 for madrid.
I think this will be the most probable scenario.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where is everybody?

Its already 1-0 at HT for our side after a goal by Raul. Not a fantastic game, Murcia actually had more oppurtunities, they werent as clear cut as ours but they look pretty dangerous.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aweful second half by Real. We were outplayed throughout the second half and were lucky to escape with the win. Murcia did everything but addmittingly the ref was not helping them. Just how the hell did he not see that foul on L. Garcia by Roberto Carlos (who by the way had one of his worst games ever), not only was it a clear foul but Roberto should've been sent off.

Figo and Salgado and Raul to a lesser extent were the only players that were playing well tonight, especially Figo who was absolutely majestical with his runs and ability to hold on to the ball. I felt really sorry for Murcia because honestly they deserved much more than this.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
regardless of the taste, we still got a vital 3 points at home and keep the presure on Valencia & Depor.

BTW- Depor is winning 2-0 against Celta.

·
Registered
57,649 Posts
I watched the match. This Luis Garcia kid impressed me a lot. Very talented player. Great game for Murcia and unlucky not to snatch a point at least.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Murcia deserved more - says ''Marca'' :rolleyes:

I'll try to catch goal on TVE24... Wish me good lucky ;)

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Pretty decent first half, some nice touches, passes etc...

But Pavon especially needs to stop being so lazy on defence sometimes, sloppy stuff. Not a good second half.

Anyone know what's going on with Zidane? Was he injured? And Beckham's gash on his ankle looked really nasty:stress: And Guti really needs to get back into things and get concentraded in the game.

MOM: Figo & Raul. Two bright spots in the game. Well... We just came back from Christmas break and look rusty that's for sure. I'm sure we'll improve as we move along.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
I only caught one replay of the goal, but wasn't Raul in an offside position? It was hard to say from the replay I saw and I could be wrong but he seemed to be infront of Bonano aswell as the defenders.

Anyway, TERRIBLE game from Real Madrid and I can't believe you guys managed to get 3 points! :frustrat: But like they say, these are the games that win championships!

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
MoMo said:
I only caught one replay of the goal, but wasn't Raul in an offside position? It was hard to say from the replay I saw and I could be wrong but he seemed to be infront of Bonano aswell as the defenders.
No, he was in line with Bonano and the defender. You couldn't call an offside in a situation/postition like that really.

2 more things to add:

Referee. Pittifull, crap he was absolutely brutal. But then again, this is La Liga so there shouldn't be any surprise:rolleyes:

Luis Garcia impressed me alot.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Go

i knew this will be one of those games.
Q should let all the players watch this game on video again and again.
they all look like they are playing beach football or something...
murcia defentily deserved more then a lost.
its a pity those teams (the small/wickest ones), comes to the play in madrid and give everything they got, but look terrible in all other games. if murcia will play like in 10 games of the remaining season they will stay in laliga, but that's the thing, they won't.

anyway, raul realy showed what is to be the captain in this game, he played for 2 players.
RC - probably his worst game ever in madrid.
zidan look tired, so did ronaldo.
figo could not complete a pass in the 2nd half.
beckham also looked tired.
pavon - he should go back to the B team.
salgado had a descent game.

i though the zidan/solair switch was a good thing. solari played well in the time he had.

but in the end, we got the 3 points, so i'm happy.
no need to get any conclusions from this game, this game had "ugly" writen all over it...
we'll play better as laliga gets back to full motion.

the ref should be banned from Laliga.
________
Digital Easy Vape

·
Registered
619 Posts
Bad game, but anyway we got the 3 points

I’m afraid that the players are thinking that they can change the result any time they want, cuz I noticed during the match sometimes they really play good and sometimes they just let the opponent attack

Figo was our best player

RC really bad game, even recently his not at his best

Luis Garcia, that kid was really good , his not from our B Team ??

·
Registered
3,783 Posts

4-2-3-1
_________Casillas
Salgado Pavon Bravo Carlos
_____Beckham Helguera
______Figo Raul Zidane
_________Ronaldo

Solari for Zidane
Guti for Beckham
Portillo for Ronaldo