Xtratime Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Words cannot express the feelings I have after Real Madrid's 3-0 victory today. It was a thrill watching this match. Real Madrid further put themselves apart from the rest of Europe with this convincing victory today.

I won't end this without taking my hat off to a very good Valencia team. What an incredible display this team showed throughout the Champions League competition. They were overwhelmed and nervous a bit today but this is a very good team that deserves props and kudos for their achievements this year.

For Real Madrid, it's an end to a very up and down year. This team was in 17th place and in total disarray at one point. Vincente del Bosque did a hell of a job getting this team into Liga, Cup and European Cup contention. Beating Manchester United at Old Trafford is something I will never forget as I was in Madrid watching it and the passion shown was unreal. They disposed of a very good Bayern Munich team in the semis and today was their day against Valencia.

Classy move by del Bosque getting Sanchis and Hierro into the match. Classier move by Redondo, today's captain, to let Sanchis pick up the trophy when it was presented to Real Madrid. Sanchis has been there since 1983 and this was perhaps his last game. He turned 35 today. His father was on the 1966 European Champion side. Now Manuel one ups his father.

It also caps a bittersweet year as I lost my best friend Gema to an auto accident last June outside of Madrid. She got me interested in this team and when her son was old enough, I was very proud to take him to his first matches at the Bernabeu. Today he was singing "Hala Madrid" with everyone else.

Bill

[This message has been edited by BBride (edited 25-05-2000).]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts