Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TOKYO, May 8 (AFP)

Real Madrid will take on the rest of the world at home on December 18 as part of the Spanish giants' centennial celebrations, football's governing body FIFA said Wednesday.
FIFA technical director Walter Gagg said the match had been arranged to honour the Madrid club, which was one of the seven founding members of FIFA when it was created in 1904.
"To celebrate the anniversary of the Real Madrid football club, we have agreed that a match will be played on December 18 in Madrid between the local team, Real Madrid, and FIFA world stars," Gagg said in Tokyo.
He said that World Cup 2002 co-hosts Japan and South Korea would each be invited to field their best player in the 18-strong FIFA all-star squad.
"It is not known now if this will be (Hidetoshi) Nakata, (Shinji) Ono or another one," Gagg said of the Japanese choice. Nakata is with Italy's Parma and Ono plays for the Dutch club Feyenoord.
Gagg, who was touring Japan and South Korea to inspect World Cup venues, added that defender Hong Myung-Bo, South Korea's 32-year-old national captain who has played more than 120 internationals, could be his nation's choice.
For Hong, the 2002 World Cup may be his fourth and last finals.

:party: Time !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
ENOUGH!

this is getting old and looking forward to 1/1/03:)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Madrid was one of the Fifa founders?!! I thought Fifa was an association of football playing nations, not individual clubs.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I thought this topic would be about something else.

That Leverkusen would be supported by the rest of the world, just cause people would love to see us loose in the final during our celebration. I bet this has some truth in it, if we lost there would be more people celebrating that Real Madrid lost then that Leverkusen won....And that sickens me.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Micke,

and are you surprised? its the same with United, Bayern and Juve at some stage. It will be the same with any team that is finding alot of success, and more so now that we are buying beloved stars of other clubs.

The whole world would love seeing us lose next Wednesday. This forum would be mad house if that happened! :dazed:

More reason why we must win ! :D

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
The year that Man Utd won the treble, it seemed like everyone became a Man Utd hater.

looking back, it was really an amazing feat!
Hat's of to those boys!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Che said:
The year that Man Utd won the treble, it seemed like everyone became a Man Utd hater.

looking back, it was really an amazing feat!
Hat's of to those boys!
It was.

While i still think the EPL is still not as competitive as La Liga (but its getting there it seems), nothing to take away from their great achievement.

Frankly, i would take a 3rd CL in 5 years, if we can win on wendesday, then a treble myself! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts