Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the celebrations and festivities, I have not seen a list of all the captains for the team. Does anyone have a list of the official captains of Madrid? Hierro captaincy began this year after Sanchis retired last season. There will be players who will be listed as wearing the armband such as Raúl, but he is not the official team captain.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Just go with the senority (time you spent) with the club, you can't go wrong; it's a tradition.

So Raul will just be vice-captain now.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
The current order is:

Hierro
Raul
Guti

I think Roberto Carlos is next (No serious!!).

·
Registered
721 Posts
Actually Álvaro is the fourth captain after Guti, Raúl and Hierro (as Vamps mentioned)...Roberto Carlos was a little disappointed and so the media speculated if would leave the club :rolleyes:

Whats the story about Álvaro really? :confused:

The guy was injured for over a year, and then he was invovled in a car accident and got set back even further. He was back in buisness earlier this season, but had to play for Madrid B. Now he is not even playing there. Is he injured or did Ernesto just take his place?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Nino,

Alvaro was injured for about 4 years! La Blanca told me that Raul mentioned him in his own book, saying he was even better then him (Raul), but the injuries destroyed him.

He appeared and scored a PK in a Real Madrid friendly last summer, and was overjoyed to finally achieve that. But there is no doubt he has no future with us. a shame because it seemed he had alot of potential. :(

·
Registered
721 Posts
Shame about Álvaro...:depress:

Actually we had two players who were better than Raúl, Alfonso was amazing, but injuries got to him as well. He did have some great seasons at Betis, but if he had made it through at Madrid, he would have been the best, not Raúl...

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Alvaro and Raul were best friends so I wouldn't read too much into raul saying he was better than him.;)

Anyway,he really was starting to make waves when his problems started.I remember he played very well in his first few games for Spain,and his style was quite similar to Vicente's.

He was hot property at Real,and it is good to see that the club nor Alvaro have given up on each other.The last time I saw him was when he came out to the pitch to celebrate the Liga victory last season after the Alaves game.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I miswrote my post. I wanted the history of Real Madrid captains. I think DB wore the armband, but I am not sure if he was the official captain. When Chendo was on the team, he was the eldest in longevity. However, Sanchis was always refered to as the team captain. Last year he was called the team captain eventhough he was not playing (Hierro wore the band)

Alvaro underwent two knee operations, and he might have had a third. I was not aware he was in an accident.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts