Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now its no longer Man Utd as it had been for the last atleast 8yrs.
-Why didnt Chelsea go on to make atleast the top three as was expected, they rather moved a place down
Real Madrid
Man Utd
AC Milan
Juventus
Chelsea
I dont get this, n get me right im only trying to find out. How is it that the top three have not won anything of significance for atleast the past 2 seasons (AC Milan exceptioned) and are still atop. Juve n Chelsea are on course to defendin their titles but still sit below those three.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Not all fans are fickle and jump ship though. This is mostly going to be american and asian territories where they would pickup new fans and Madrid and Man U have been working them way before Chelsea.

Juve I am not sure, probably has to do with your TV rights crap giving you less exposure. Plus both teams don't exactly have 'superstars' with names everyone knows.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
not exactly sure, but Revenues................., the business, the transactions, the exposure of selling things,

Merchandising, TVs, Stadium seats, Advertisments, etc...

RM has the most Exposure I suppose in terms of Business Done. Not exactly profits. As we know Chelsea made book-losses... and is still there... so its more of business, that also reflects world wide popluarity.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
atleast now i understand abit of something, formerly i thought it was the most successful club on-pitch or 90% to do with where Beckham is

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
When Beckham goes Real Madrid will slip down again.

It is also interesting the top two Manchester United and Real Madrid are the two club that are the most underperforming.

Also we are not rich we are half a billion in debt thanks to the Tampa Bay c*unts.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Adriano10 said:
not exactly sure, but Revenues................., the business, the transactions, the exposure of selling things,

Merchandising, TVs, Stadium seats, Advertisments, etc...

RM has the most Exposure I suppose in terms of Business Done. Not exactly profits. As we know Chelsea made book-losses... and is still there... so its more of business, that also reflects world wide popluarity.
Its based on the turnover of clubs in the 2004/05 season. City are 17th ;) Theres 9 English clubs in the list.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Again.... this is about revenue and has little to do with actual wealth.
If one was to look at spending power it gives an indication, but only that as Chelsea could outspend everyone bar Milan if Berlusconi decided to engage Abramovich on that front.
Also - to further on Chelsea.. just like Inter their revenues more or less match last years deficit, so quite obviously these aren't successful companies in any ordinary business sense. Chelsea claim that they are on that path with a long term strategy which may or may not make sense. As regards Madrid I never see any actual budget numbers, so that is impossible to know.

What this list show is that Real Madrid is currently the best at making money (particularly when we remember that they were booted out of Europe already in the first knockout matches last year) - as said, we cannot be sure about their ability to earn them. In that respect Man.U is probably still first I think.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
FC Barcelona9 said:
Can anyone please brifely tell me what are the ratings based on?
The thread title is misleading, its not the Wealthiest club in the world but the club with the most income. Note this is not taking into account the expenditure of the club, hence Roma and Lazio being included altough they are in massive financial dept, same with Arsenal and other clubs.

We all know with Abrahomivic money Chelsea can be unrivaled, same with Inter and Moratti. So it was typical really Real and Man U leading the table.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
The list doesn't show who's the richest club, it shows who's the club with the biggest income.

1. (2) Real Madrid 288 miljoen euro
2. (1) Manchester United 257 miljoen euro
3. (3) AC Milan 244 miljoen euro
4. (5) Juventus 240 miljoen euro
5. (4) Chelsea 231 miljoen euro
6. (7) Barcelona 217 miljoen euro
7. (9) Bayern München 198 miljoen euro
8. (10) Liverpool 189 miljoen euro
9. (8) Internazionale 185 miljoen euro
10. (6) Arsenal 179 miljoen euro

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
masale said:
The thread title is misleading, its not the Wealthiest club in the world but the club with the most income. Note this is not taking into account the expenditure of the club, hence Roma and Lazio being included altough they are in massive financial dept, same with Arsenal and other clubs.

We all know with Abrahomivic money Chelsea can be unrivaled, same with Inter and Moratti. So it was typical really Real and Man U leading the table.
Wouldn't Moratti be a rival for Abramovich if they're the same?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I just want to clarify some things.

It doesn't show the Club with the biggest amount of income

it shows the Club with the highest amounts of REVENUE. This doesn't include the costs that the club incurs, i.e. maintenance, transfers, salaries and such. It just shows the amount of money that comes into the Club and not what flows out of the club.

·
Registered
314 Posts
masale said:
We all know with Abrahomivic money Chelsea can be unrivaled, same with Inter and Moratti.
well acording to the Forbes rich list Berlusconi is richer then Moratti but Abramovich is richer then both:

20. Roman Abramovich - Russia - $13.3 billion
24. Silvio Berlusconi - Italy - $12.0 billion
while Moratti is only a Millionaire

·
Registered
747 Posts
Shaun said:
well acording to the Forbes rich list Berlusconi is richer then Moratti but Abramovich is richer then both:

20. Roman Abramovich - Russia - $13.3 billion
24. Silvio Berlusconi - Italy - $12.0 billion
while Moratti is only a Millionaire
yeah only :)

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
The Green One said:
It could be worse, you could have the 17th highest income and still be £56m in debt...
My sentiments exactly although our approx. £17 is a little lower than yours :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts