Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 5285 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Familia,

What do you think? a thread to talk about ourselves, since we all know each other pretty well now, some more then others. Just a place to talk about non-Madrid issues amongst La Familia.

What do you think? good idea? bad idea? no idea? :)

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
great idea, galbi! :cool: So start and talk about you! :p ;) :D

:angel:

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Cool idea Vamps, any issues we should start off with?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Wow, i've been waiting for this :D :D :D Now i can ask you (especially the Spanish ones), what do you say when you are really pissed? i mean in Spanish. I would really love to learn a bunch of swearwords i could use ;) And i mean, not only sepparate swearwords, but long 'swearsentences'.

If it is too much to write to this thread, you can send me a private message.

:cool:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can always call someone "you barca fan!" :D im sure if i was Spanish it would tick me off ;)

Heike, no way i will start...whats the point of being mysterious then? :devil:

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Maybe we should let everyone answer a basic question and when everyone have answered, as another one? I know that will make the thread spin off to left and right but thats the point right?

My suggestion for the first question: Tell us what you work with or where/what you study :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Well, i'm still studying in secondary school. I don't precisely know what it is in English, you can go to http://212.213.217.194/cgi-bin/mofind.exe/dr1?word=lukio and pick your favorite :D This is my 12th year in school since i started in the age of 7. I'm remembering that the school system in Finland was quite similar to German school system so at least one of your will understand what i mean ;)

This will be last year in this school, the final exams are in few feeks and after them, i will probably go to one of Finlands University of technology.

No, i opened up. Neeext. :D

·
20,440 Posts
Juhana. Go to the bernabeu and you'll learn all of them in 90min!!! :tongue: Youre always right saying "joder" when youre pissed or "que mierda".

Mo, its your idea, your thread... so start!!! :devil: Or how about drawing?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great idea Micke.

I graduated as a Systems Engineer, specializing in Industrial Engineering, which covers different techniques all leaning towards getting the best out of your "system". Your system could be your production line in a factory, or how you run your business model (any business model). Its all about optimzation.

However, my work is completly different! (though somethings you learn, you end up using in your day to day working life anyway).

I work for a International IT company. While the company offers different ranges of solutions (Networking solutions, security, wireless, voice over IP...etc), we don't do the actual integration and support. This is done by a third company, either a system integrator (what we call partners), or, if the solution is simple, the customer can install it in-house using his own IT staff, and the parts are delivered via distributors. I manage all partner and distributors in my country.

Thats really the brief definition, don't want to put you all to sleep ;) The company culture is actually cool as they give you alot of responsability from the get-go, so you learn well.

Whos next? :)

·
20,440 Posts
well, i should be over my work right now but im missing my concentration. Anybody seen it? Please give it back to me! :) ;)

But lets start from the beginning. Im in the final year of my studies of Geography. Still havnt been to the university for two years anymore for collecting practical experiences at two major german science institutes on remote sensing of space and earth and on ocean and polar science. The last one was sending me to the arctic for 3 months last year. One of the most outstanding experience I've ever had in my life! :cool: Now Im over my diploma about climatic change in the arctic. Very interesting and actual topic. Even in cooperation with Norway and Japan. My boss even plans to translate it into english and to publish it as a book! But all that is future music. First I have to find my concentration back! ;)

well thats from me so far. The next one please!

·
20,440 Posts
Juhana said:
Well, i'm still studying in secondary school. I don't precisely know what it is in English, you can go to http://212.213.217.194/cgi-bin/mofind.exe/dr1?word=lukio and pick your favorite :D This is my 12th year in school since i started in the age of 7. I'm remembering that the school system in Finland was quite similar to German school system so at least one of your will understand what i mean ;)

This will be last year in this school, the final exams are in few feeks and after them, i will probably go to one of Finlands University of technology.

No, i opened up. Neeext. :D
I think its grammar-school in English.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I’m a professional soccer player; I play for Real Madrid as a striker, unfortunately I’m injured now so you can not see me playing , I have been injured for so long time , but they are believing in me and they brought Ronaldo as a temporary replacement and they will sell him once I’m fit ,

while I’m injured I used this time , to graduate from university , I studied “COMPUTER SCIENCE “ , I specialized in programming mainly in “Java” , I work as a programmer in a government agency called “e-Government “ making government services online ,

;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hello everybody! What's up? I haven't been here for quite long, I guess almost 3-4 weeks...:confused: Since that final-football thing. But I'm glad to see everything going very well here. I've been too busy with my studies, but it's the best time & thread just for reporting myself again :) Missed ya :kiss:

Vamp, May I know where you're from exactly?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sofi said:
Vamp, May I know where you're from exactly?
:devil: those who know, are never seen again.....:devil:

:D

actually, i am from Saudi Arabia.

btw, did i ever tell you i used to like that Hungarian player of the 80s, who played in Serie A? his name was Lajos Detari (no idea on spelling). very good player :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
:devil: those who know, are never seen again.....:devil:

actually, i am from Saudi Arabia.

btw, did i ever tell you i used to like that Hungarian player of the 80s, who played in Serie A? his name was Lajos Detari (no idea on spelling). very good player :)
Perfect spelling ;) Détári Lajos. There used to be plenty of good players in Hungary, but now all we have is space. :mad: Since I was born, good players have disappeared. Why? 'Cos those stars played happily and didn't care about money. And actually, if someone is considered to be "a good player", he rushes to Austria/Germany to play instead of suffering in the poor Hungarian league :( That's just where we are.

But as far as I'm concerned, a marvellous career is waiting for me in the feminine NBA. :cool:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sofi said:
Perfect spelling ;)
Thanks. Goes well with perfect me :D

;) :angel:

Nah, im not perfect....:D

·
20,440 Posts
hey sofi!!! :cool: :D :) Great to see you back! Missed you. And Mills was missing you too ;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
LaBlanca said:
hey sofi!!! :cool: :D :) Great to see you back! Missed you. And Mills was missing you too ;)
I millsed him too :(

·
20,440 Posts
Sofi said:
Since I was born, good players have disappeared.
go, make your signature become true! ;) :tongue:

1 - 20 of 5285 Posts