Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's get this party started! Man I have looked forward to this and now I'm really starting to feel it comming close. We will, no we must beat Real Madrid.....

About the game, just read that Nedved is still doubtfull and might not be 100%. Somebody got any details?

Cannavaro? Anybody know what's the deal with him...If he's out, were out! Simple as that, Montero won't do...!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Pretty please, knock RM out of the tournament. I want a replay of the CL final 2003 ;)

·
Registered
835 Posts
what is juve's strongest back four...???

how many games has zebina started....???

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
chaser2k4 said:
what is juve's strongest back four...???
The preferred one seems to be: Zebina-Thuram-Cannavaro-Zambrotta

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Sorry to be such a killjoy Hasuni, but I ain't looking forward to this game one bit.

Based on recent performances, my confidence is low.....

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Good luck Juventus. I definately want you to win this game. It'll be tough but your compactness and your ability to eek out goals will get you far. It will be intense and you will need Nedved for this one.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe it's me being overly optimistic, but I got the feeling that if Nedved is atleast 80% we will make it through. I though that we were less dependent on him then we were before, but the last couple of weeks clearly showed that we still very much need him bad!

·
Registered
17,567 Posts
It could go either way, but i would put Real as current favourites with their resurgent form of late and our lackluster performances recently. But then the CL is a different kettle of fish from the leagues, so who knows.

I think a lot will depend on us getting a good result at the Bernabeu, and hopefully getting away goals there. We won't be going through if we put in one of the subpar performances we've been trudging along with for the most part of the season.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
2 months ago, I'd have bet anything on us going through. But as we speak Real stand more than a fair chance clearly. We've gone from favourites to outsiders in the space of weeks, but I still think we'll make things very hard for them.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Well, you know the story with this match. We have to beat them at their own game, attacking more than we usually do, just like in 2003. We cannot sit back because Real will obviously punish us.

Against Osasuna over the weekend Real looked very shaky in the first half, not being able to handle the attacking pressure. If Real did not have Casillas in there Osasuna would have scored a few more times. In the second half Osasuna sat back with their one goal lead, and Real ended up winning. I am afraid we will have to attack like no other against Real, especially at home.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Exactly! Capello will definitely play with 2 DMS at Bernabeu (probably Emerson-Blasi), but shall he dare going for just 1 and 3 forwards like against Udinese for the return leg? Obviously depending on the first legs result.

Hmm :mute:

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Steph! said:
Exactly! Capello will definitely play with 2 DMS at Bernabeu (probably Emerson-Blasi), but shall he dare going for just 1 and 3 forwards like against Udinese for the return leg? Obviously depending on the first legs result.

Hmm :mute:
And why is the tridente so much better all of a sudden? How many times have we tried that all year, like 3? People think you'll score more goals if you play more attackers on the pitch, that's not necessarily true. Especially not if the formation isn't worked in and just an emergency, stop gap solution.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
As a fan of both sides ,Bluntly I should say that if nedved is going to miss the match no doubt mAdrid will pick up the victory @ least @ santiago ,also Real players form in la liga is much better from the 1st day luxomborgo lead their campaign And juve's starting from samadoria their form is declining , hence I expect it will end in santiago 3-1 for host and 2-1 in torino for host & goodluck 4 both I adore both teams actually :shades:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
numerodix said:
And why is the tridente so much better all of a sudden? How many times have we tried that all year, like 3? People think you'll score more goals if you play more attackers on the pitch, that's not necessarily true. Especially not if the formation isn't worked in and just an emergency, stop gap solution.
All good and true. Still, DP's creativity would be most welcome IMO and since I wouldn't bench neither of Trez and Zlatan... After all, it led to a couple of good scoring chances against Udinese, which is regarded as a fairly good team, one that allies style and results at least.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Actually it depends on cappelo , and it may work out look @ real defence they r actually a big zero without super casillas who is the 1st reason they r in 2nd place in la liga

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Real ahve hit some good form of late and Juve can never be underestimated,should be a good hard tussle.I predict Juve to go through Just,but it will a real cracker.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Raul_gonzalez said:
As a fan of both sides ,Bluntly I should say that if nedved is going to miss the match no doubt mAdrid will pick up the victory @ least @ santiago ,also Real players form in la liga is much better from the 1st day luxomborgo lead their campaign And juve's starting from samadoria their form is declining , hence I expect it will end in santiago 3-1 for host and 2-1 in torino for host & goodluck 4 both I adore both teams actually :shades:
Nedved is 100% fit to play tht match :shades:

and juve just beat the 4th top ranked team in italy (udinese) without Neddy :star:

3-1 in spain :howler:

imo 1-1 in spain (Zidane and Zlatan scoring) and 2-0 in italy (Nedved and Alex on the goal sheet) :shades:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I dont think the trident is needed if Nedved is fit. He provides attack on the wings and into the middle. The most important part of the attack will be Emerson. He must own the midfield for Juve to win. This has been the case for nearly every match we have.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts