Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Real Madrid Fans:

After your heartbreaking extratime loss to Juventus, I want to know all of your feelings on the team and its future.

First things first, did you have a team to go all the way? Or was it luck that just prevented you from not prevailing?

Secondly, are there changes in management and coaching staff that you would like to make or feel is necessary?

Thirdly, what are the players you feel that Real should go out and buy?

Fourthly, how will this loss affect the financial state of the club?

And finally, how do you think the Real Madrid Galactico Attitude should be changed? Gravesen was a first in a new line of thinking in terms of transfers. Should you continue getting useful players rather than the high publicity ones?

Thank you. Please discuss.

P.S. I also want to know your views regarding tactics, and the quality of opposition in La Liga. Considering the whole state of La Liga, could the style of offensive, open play be a reason for European failure for all three clubs? Or the lack of opposition in La Liga? This is not a hypothesis but rather a question that you guys can only answer.

It is extremely hard, I might add, to transfer your game from a league that allows lots of space and offensive gameplay to a competition where defense is key and games must be won in a really defensive manner?

(This is in reference to Chelsea's counterattacks, Milan's possession game (not defensive but not all-out attacking in nature), and Juventus's style of play, whatever that might be (do not want to call it a name out of fear of being killed by Juventus fans)

However, I might be wrong considering teams like Inter and Lyon just go out and attack with no defense at all. I don't really know, thats why I felt it a good topic to discuss.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Real lost becuase the coach's stupid decision to substitute Beckham.. Real lost their shape after BEckham went out. They were playing well until then..

This are the things Real should do

1) Sell Zidane, Figo, Roberto Carlos (old & useless)
2) Play Owen and Ronaldo upfront with Raul on the bench
3) Make Beckham captain and play him on the right
4) Get a attacking midfielder like Scholes that scores dozen goals a season to replace that non scoring baldy Zidane..
5) Get a world class left winger like Giggs and a striker who can head balls from Beckham's crosses..

This would be a balanced team. And with beckham as captain, the team will be motivated to win things..

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting thoughts, but first I want to hear what the others say about it b/c I'm not very familiar with this place, but yesterday I saw a thread where you were arguing and you had a clear bias for Becks and said some pretty shocking things. So if your statement is true, that Beckham was key, then let me hear it from another REal fan who is not a Becks supporter as yourself. Personally, i think you are key in one aspect. Beckham is a wing man, not a central midfield man.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
beckham mania said:
Real lost becuase the coach's stupid decision to substitute Beckham.. Real lost their shape after BEckham went out. They were playing well until then..

4) Get a attacking midfielder like Scholes that scores dozen goals a season to replace that non scoring baldy Zidane..
5) Get a world class left winger like Giggs and a striker who can head balls from Beckham's crosses..

This would be a balanced team. And with beckham as captain, the team will be motivated to win things..
You forgot:

6) Recruit Victoria Beckham to sing before Real Madrid matches in an attempt to add some life into her dead career.
7) Replace Luxembergo with Beckham. Thats right, make Beckham a player-manager.
8) Make the entire squad learn English. Apparently, Beckham still hasn't learned Spanish. But who cares? Problem solved if they all learn to speak English.
9) Instead of a tunnel leading to the pitch, build a cat-walk. And forget about old-fashioned shorts and jerseys for uniform--make the entire squad play in speedos.

You get my drift.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Barca Rule said:
You forgot:

6) Recruit Victoria Beckham to sing before Real Madrid matches in an attempt to add some life into her dead career.
8) Make the entire squad learn English. Apparently, Beckham still hasn't learned Spanish. But who cares? Problem solved if they all learn to speak English.
9) Instead of a tunnel leading to the pitch, build a cat-walk. And forget about old-fashioned shorts and jerseys for uniform--make the entire squad play in speedos.

You get my drift?
Okay I don't get your points. I've been out of SPanish football for a while, can you explain?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Okay I don't get your points. I've been out of SPanish football for a while, can you explain?
Nope--irony is worth its weight in fool's gold. If you didn't get the sarcasm, read it again.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
He's being sarcastic...making references to Beck's personal life and what not....has nothing to do with Spanish Football :)

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
FC Barca11 said:
He's being sarcastic...making references to Beck's personal life and what not....has nothing to do with Spanish Football :)
Yep. To make yourself clear without gesture, without facial expression, without intonation, without a real hearer, you have to foresee circumspectly all possible meanings a statement may have for any possible reader in any possible situation, and you have to make your language work so as to come clear all by itself, with no existential context. The need for this exquisite circumspection makes writing the agonizing work it commonly is.

So was my sarcasm effective writing? :)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ohh okay good points.

Well anyways, I think one thing is certian. Becks cannot make a fool of himself in the middle. He needs to go to the wing. I also think your transfer campaign will be messed b/c of the lost revenue in the CL.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Barca Rule said:
You forgot:

You get my drift.
Lol :dielaugh:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
beckham mania said:

6) Get ferguson as manager, Queiros as assistant manager.

Get the whole Man Utd over, why don't you. :yuck:

·
Registered
755 Posts
I would like to see Figo, Zidane, Beckham, Carlos replaced in the summer.

or at least bring some competition back into the squad besides up front. :depress:

Gerrard
Joaquín
Robinho

would be a start

money is not a problem, Perez needs open up some funds and give Lux the quality players to take this team forward because he's never going to get the best out Figo, Zidane. Beckham etc ever again because this old wood will only recycle so many times.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
3ksnd said:
I would like to see Figo, Zidane, Beckham, Carlos replaced in the summer.

or at least bring some competition back into the squad besides up front. :depress:

Gerrard
Joaquín
Robinho

would be a start

money is not a problem, Perez needs open up some funds and give Lux the quality players to take this team forward because he's never going to get the best out Figo, Zidane. Beckham etc ever again because this old wood will only recycle so many times.
you all realize that bringing Joaquín will force luxa (or the new coach) to put beckham, again, in the middle as a DM, where he is even less effective then where he plays today...
beside figo, no player will be sold.
perez will not do it, he will "lose" too much money on the process and you will see RC, beckham and zidan not only in the squad next year, but also in the starting lineup...
sad but true...

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Barca Rule said:
You forgot:

You get my drift.
Instead of wearing the captain's armband, Raul should wear the captains sarong. :howler:

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
damn its another sad day for spanish football, but well what can we do about except writing here and no one hears us

anyway i think many people see the team was playing well and fought to win this match, but i beleive the team played to keep the score 0-0 and qualify...non of the players played to win except casillas, samuel, helguera, gravesen and solari those are the only players who showed passion for the team and not passion for the end of the month high pay check
looking at the team its really sad to see that we are stuck wiz old and non giving players for the next few year

figo...2006(i love that player and beleive he is still the best winger in the world but looking at the situation, i prefer to lose him this year better than loosing a chance to get a young player like joaquin for ever)

Zidane...2007(he aint the '98 world cup zidane anymore, he became a one half kinda player who will show his magic but will not give you a good product for the full 90 mins)

Ronaldo...2009?(did he stop practicing or something??? he looked fatter than ever today, he is one of the best in the world but only when he is inform, and thats like once a month only, a team like real madrid cant afford that...p.s. he better start wearing XL jersey cause the L one is becoming very tight)

R. Carlos...2007(for some reason he became very careless after renewing his contract as if he knows that nothing will happen if he plays like sh!t)

Beckham...2007(well he doesnt fit in the spanish league or real madrid, he is an OK player wiz nothing special but free kicks and crosses but he isnt fitting into the system, he should go back to england and play there if he wants to be back to where he was)

and lastly Raul...2010?(well he might be madrid's and spain's golden boy, but he has been the worst compared to other strikers, people will say that we can't sell him, but isnt that what a player is bigger than the club means???and there is no one bigger than real madrid cause its the best thing on earth, so either make him a bench player or sell him)

i know people will start saying: oh look what a retard, he wants to have the whole team changed... well face it people real madrid currently dont have a team that can win anything, those players we have who are considered the best(on paper) wont make a differnce to any team they go to, and when this happen that means the player isnt special anymore

those are my 2 cents, i know that next year we will see ronaldo,beckham, zidane, raul and roberto carlos all playing so lets hope that we can get any trophy, cause this year isnt ours

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
beckham mania said:

Basically u want us to get that shita$$ team Man Utd.. who cant play attractive football for the life of em.
normally i wud laugh my ass off.. but today im jus pissed off.. ****. Take beckshit with you and go and die..we dont want u post lke crazy here...why even dagoods is 100 times better than u..hes obssessed with ronnie.. but hey it ronnie.. i dont blame him... u silly fool.. beckham????? Man i have no respect for u.. makin all these comments after watchin yesterday!!! U must be one of those dumass asians who watch beckham on TV ads and shows, and watch him score wonderful free kicks against some C-grade asian football club when he brings madrid to asia on their shitty promotional aka money-makin trips... dont piss me off with this filth u've started here... this is one of the most offensive posts i have ever posted.. and i am not a bit sorry...

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
wow..that was my 200th post... what a perfect post!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Great topic Pulsar36 tough beckham mania trying to ruin it :nono:
There are so many things wrong with this club, i don't even know where to start... Actually we all know where the problem started - Florentino Perez. So obviously problems can't be solved till management go home. I just can't trust people who are releasing hard-working players in favor of aging galacticos or injured players.
The only way we can fix the mess is Perez stepping down.

And for the players...
We need bigger squad, young players, less galacitcos and more soul.
My fantasy:
Sell:
Ronaldo - great player but obviously he isn't happy in Madrid
Figo - not renewing he's contract, we need fresh blood
Beckham - ain't worth a place in the line-up, symbolizing the galactico's system failure. sell sell sell
Owen - haven't done anything wrong but Arsenal want him and we can get Reyes instead.

Buy: Del Horno, Sergio Ramos, Joaquin, central defender (as i don't see Woodgate ever play for us) , Reyes and a striker.

overall
Goalkeeper - Casillas
Right back - Salgado/Sergio Ramos (rotation)
Left back - Carlos/Del Horno (rotation)
Central defender - Samuel
Central defender - New (Woodgate? ;) )
Central midfielder - Helguera
Central midfielder - Gravesen
Right wing - Joaquin
Left wing - Solari
Forward - Reyes
Striker - New (Gilardino maybe)

It should be something like that:
Code:
                       Casillas
Salgado/Ramos    new    Samuel   Carlos/Del Horno

Joaquin      Helguera      Gravesen    Solari

Reyes

new
Bench: Cesar, Salgado/Ramos, Carlos/Del Horno, Zidane, Raul and some normal players.

Now wake me up ;)

1 - 20 of 167 Posts