Xtratime Community banner

201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Official Announcement

Realmadrid.com

Based on information published by various media sources concerning the disciplinary proceedings opened by UEFA against Sergio Busquets, Real Madrid C. F. wishes to express the following:

1. F. C. Barcelona made an unprecedented decision to lodge a complaint with UEFA against Real Madrid C. F. coach, Jose Mourinho.

2. The decision made by F. C. Barcelona forced Real Madrid C. F. to present its defense before UEFA to try to prove unsportsmanlike conduct by several F. C. Barcelona players, stemming from a designed strategy to provoke the referee into making certain calls against Real Madrid C. F., as was the case. This situation is what motivated the statements made by our coach, Jose Mourinho following the match.

3. Real Madrid C. F. would like to make clear that its complaint did not include the incident concerning Sergio Busquets. This complaint by Real Madrid C. F. was rejected by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body despite videographic material presented with the case.

4. As a consequence, Real Madrid C. F. presented an appeal with further material evidence including images of Sergio Busquets insulting our player, Marcelo. This material was included because the incident involving Sergio Busquets is a continuation of the simulation following a knock, the latter being the reason the complaint was originally lodged.

5. UEFA has taken further measures and decided on its own accord to start disciplinary proceedings against Sergio Busquets.

6. Our player Marcelo has been summoned by UEFA to confirm the incident for which the disciplinary proceedings were opened.

Real Madrid C. F. regrets the situation caused by what goes back to the original complaint lodged by F. C. Barcelona against our coach Jose Mourinho and the behavior of Sergio Busquets.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Strange announcement, seems to me the club is going out of its way to explain why the original complaint was lodged, and how they didn't originally bring up the issue of the racial slur.

Is it because Busqshits will get a deserved match ban(s) and could miss the final that could hurt the chances of their fellow "Spanish" club ?

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
I guess they continue with the "tradition" (from last year ...Milan) of the Old Star games. Reading the names alone get me excited:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
You are welcome.

The Real Madrid - Tenerife game with the visitors winning 0-3 called my attention. That was the 1993/94 season with Benito Floro coaching Madrid and Valdano and Redondo among others in the away team. Both would be joining Real in the summer.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Cheers Pete...that video website is amazing

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Hey guys I'll be in Madrid next Tue., want to go to the game with Ajax. I assume there will be cheap tix available up at the top? Was wondering if you had suggestions on a way to get better seats that aren't too expensive?

Should I get there during the day to buy tix or just anytime before the game? Thanks in advance!

Lol @ Altintop btw :howler:

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I guess they continue with the "tradition" (from last year ...Milan) of the Old Star games. Reading the names alone get me excited:

Another 'Corazón Classic' match is in the works, after Milan & Bayern this time the opponent will be Manchester United.

Reports that ZZ, Figo, Ronaldo & Beckham will play, and possibly Cantona

as.com

·
Legend
1,550 Posts
When will be the corazon match against MUFC?

Anyone in this forum is now in Madrid? :)
I don't think it has been announced yet, can't find anything on it. Once we get closer to summer, they'll be released(the dates), since the Corazón Classic is a mid summer event.

201 - 220 of 242 Posts