Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last game of the season if i am not mistaken...and real madrid simply must take at least a point in order to finish second now that valencia have won. my predictions for the game are:

DEPORTIVO 3 - REAL MADRID 3

diego tristan hat-trick.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Well i think that it wont matter if we come 2nd or 3rd, and that the timing of this game is horrible, it might lead us to a disastrous season outcome :eek:

So Iam expecting a loss here, last year we had even better form and Depor worse and we were very lucky just to get a draw, a point today would be a lot to ask even from our glorious side.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The question is... should Madrid use its best players and try to get 2nd place, or give its top players a whole week and a half of rest?

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Micke said:
Well i think that it wont matter if we come 2nd or 3rd, and that the timing of this game is horrible, it might lead us to a disastrous season outcome :eek:

So Iam expecting a loss here, last year we had even better form and Depor worse and we were very lucky just to get a draw, a point today would be a lot to ask even from our glorious side.
agree 100%
lets rest some legs for the big show,
if we beat leverkusen the depor game (in case we lost)won t mean shiiit
if we loose to leverkusen, and we take serious the depor game, people will start saying, oh weve could it rest some players and blah blah....

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I agree lets rest our stars for the big finale. There is no need to increase our chances at injury!

here my call for the starting 11

---------------------Casillas

Minambres--Karanka--Pavon--Bravo

----------Flavio----------Celades

Geremi--------------Guti--------------macca

-------------------Portillo--:star: :star:

I say we give the wonder kid a start as the lone gun!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Isn't that lineup a bit insulting to Depor? :D

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
This is the worst scenario possible:depress: Even hitchcock couldn't have arranged it "better":frustrat: Because our players are incompetent cretins, we face not 1 more decisive game, but 2 more decisive games.
This is Real Madrid, and we can say what we want, but the coach is gonna field a team to win this game:eek: 3rd place in the league?:eek: No way Jose. We won't settle for that...
I'm not even gonna get into a discussion wether that's good or not, because frankly I'm just too pissed by now - but we're gonna see a pretty much full strength squad in the El Riazor, and what kind of implications that will have on the Glasgow game is beyond our knowledge at this point:irritate:
Leverkusen still have a Cup final v Schalke to play, so it's also a massive game for them. they won't be in better or worse shape than us, and that's about the only consolation.

I'm hoping for a draw, against all odds. This isn't the lethal Depor from march, and we can still make it.

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good replies madridstas.

che and micke have the right idea...we shouldnt risk anything for the big finale against bayer leverkusen. and as proven earlier in the CL, deportivo can play rough, and the last thing we would want is losing someone like raul or zidane through some injury.

a top 3 finish isnt bad at all...agree? and besides, it will grant madrid almost direct qualification for the CL anyway.

so the team for deportivo could be:

------------------------ cesar -------------------------------

---- carlos ---- hierro --- pavon --- minambres ------

---------------------- makelele ----------------------------

----------- solari --- conceicao --- macca --------------

------------------ savio ---- guti ---------------------------

subs:

- iker casillas
- ivan campo
- aitor karanka

- geremi
- celades
- valdo

- portillo
- munitis

seem fair?

players like roberto carlos and hierro are tough and physically strong, so they wont take too many hits at the riazor. makelele is real madrid's best ball winner, so he will be much needed to win possession to supply savio and guti up front. playing solari and mcmanaman is a bit of a gamble since they have impressed whenever given the chance, but hopefully they will be able to keep up their form in the midfield, after all, geremi and celades arent in any form. savio is one of the most underrated at madrid...he should be allowed to play more often, he will make a decent combination along with guti up front.

prediction:

DEPORTIVO LA CORUNA 2 - REAL MADRID CF 2

just like last time.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
good news guys!

the Spanish FA have rearranged the fixture and it will now take place on Friday night.only fair,i believe.

this is an important game,i believe we should now put out our best squad and go for it.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Makelele and Savio look set to miss out the Riazor trip. :stress:

And I don't like the re-arrangement of the match to Friday. No doubt the players might get more resting time. But remember our seventh cup when Juventus match got moved to Friday too but ours remained at Saturday?

·
Registered
721 Posts
cliffordil said:
Makelele and Savio look set to miss out the Riazor trip. :stress:
And Zidane and Raúl are doubtful :eek: :scream: :stress: :depress: :devil:

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow...makelele and savio not playing? only one word explains that...SH1T! :depress: :(

anyway, not all hope is lost anyway. i still think we should put in a substitute team for the match against deportivo. full strength is more risky and we MUST WIN the UCL, la liga is a lost battle this season..but next year... :)

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I guess we all agree that a humiliating defeat up there would mean zero if we lifted the cup. The problem is that as a coach you cant officially say "we dont take this game serious" or you would be blasted all over the place! Iam sure DB will play the strongest 11 he can play or the media would rip him apart :( Thats the knd of pressure you got when you are as big as we are :undecide:

I think it would be good if Makelele was "lightly injured" and missed this game. He hasnt had a chance to charge up his batteries even once this season, in fact i believe he should be the player with most minutes played this season. So give him one chance to go from 99% to 100% ;)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Raúl y Figo, baja!

Raúl and Figo suffers from slight injuries, like Savio and Makelele. Helguera is suspended.

Esta es la lista de convocados para Coruña:
Porteros: Casillas y César.
Defensas: Salgado, Geremi, Hierro, Roberto Carlos, Karanka, Pavón y Rubén.
Centrocampistas: McManaman, Flavio, Celades, Solari y Zidane.
Delanteros: Guti, Munitis y Morientes.
No convocados: Raúl, Figo, Iván Campo, Helguera y Makelele.

Probable lineup:

-----------------César

Salgado----Hierro--Pavón----R Carlos
(Karanka)
--------------Flavio--Celades

---------Macca----Zidane----Solari
(Morientes)
--------------------Guti

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zidane for riazor? por favor amigo. we dont want risking our best player for leverkusen...and we know that some of the deportivo players will be having a bad attitude on the day and will try their luck at decking ZZ.

JUST A QUESTION: should el moro (morientes) play for deportivo the whole game just to work off the injury he had so he can play alongside raul for the final? this may be a good idea since el moro has been our best striker this season and maybe he might hit the back of the net a few times and overtake tristan.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Well Raul, Helguera, Makelele & Figo will all be missing in the Riazor. Raul & Makelele for injury, Figo for percussion and Helguera for suspension. Dont know our chances right now. Whos going to start for our forwards with both Raul and Mori out? Guti and Portillo? And i am not looking forward for a Flavio-Celades midfield partnership.

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well Raul, Helguera, Makelele & Figo will all be missing in the Riazor. Raul & Makelele for injury, Figo for percussion and Helguera for suspension. Dont know our chances right now. Whos going to start for our forwards with both Raul and Mori out? Guti and Portillo? And i am not looking forward for a Flavio-Celades midfield partnership.

bad news.

still, i will bite the bullet and go for a 2-2 draw, deportivo arent in a much better position. makaay couldnt hit the target if he was the only man on the pitch...:D :howler:

·
Registered
721 Posts
OneManGang said:
makaay couldnt hit the target if he was the only man on the pitch...:D :howler:
Ouch! :eek: :devil:

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
game update
right now minute 45
depor 1 real madrid 0