Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much money Real get from Sky Sports for broadcasting their games?

Real Madrid are live every week on Sky Sports 1 here in the UK. Which means they get a hell of a lot more time live on tv than any other Premiership team. (Although Sky have now got a programme were you can choose to watch any Premiership game about 3 hours after it ends).

But just how much does Real get from their sky deal?

I'm just wondering because although Owen is Reals most lethal striker at the moment if you consider his goals to minutes on pitch ratio, Real didn't need him and they definetely didn't need Jonathan Deadwood.

Sky used to show other La Liga games but since Real got Owen and Woodgate they are shown every time they play, even in the Copa Del Rey. Which also means the Champions Leagues games since Sky broadcast all of those. I'm trying to put two and two together wondering if Real got Owen and Woodgate because of more money from Sky?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Madrid have the two biggest English players in the world so they will always show these matches.

Sky do have a agreement with the English National team.

·
Registered
611 Posts
do they show any other la liga games or exclusively real madrid?

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
damn I need this channel. :pp

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mega montana said:
They also show Barcelona, I've noticed a few times this season were they've showed Barca straight after Real Madrid live, or vice verser and they also show other teams. Aswell as every goal scored in La Liga. But it's Real Madrid who they show the most.

When the Champions League is on, you can pretty much choose to watch any game from the interactive menu. So they'll obviously show all the Spanish clubs in CL.

·
Registered
983 Posts
mega montana said:
They do show other games - but the RM fixture is a certainty. Here in Asia ESPN-Star carries the Sky Sports feed as well.
Which means I'm faced with a Catch-22 situation. Ideally I want Beckham to leave, but if he leaves I probably won't get to see all of our games 'cos Sky will stop carrying them. :doh:
Best-case scenario I figure is Beckham stays at Real but stays confined to the bench. :)
Not that that's gonna happen. :stuckup:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a typical seven days of what they show, always Real fixture at the weekend and highlight of the other games on Mondays aswell as talking about the progress of each club.

Wednesday 26th January
10:30pm: Sevilla v Osasuna
3:00am: Sevilla v Osasuna

Thursday 27th January
Sevilla v Osasuna

Saturday 29th January
2:00am (Barcelona v Sevilla)

Sunday 30th January
8:00pm: Numancia v Real Madrid (live)
12:30pm: Numancia v Real Madrid (repeat)

Monday 31st January
11:30am: Numancia v Real Madrid
6:00pm: Revista de La Liga: highlight of all latest La Liga games
11:30pm: Revista de La Liga: highlights of all latest la liga games

Tuesday 1st February
6:00am: Revista de La Liga: highlight of all latest La Liga games
2:30pm: Revista de La Liga: highlights of all latest la liga games

If Barcelona play at a different time or day to Real Madrid then they will show that game live.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
mega montana said:
They show two lives games a week, sometimes even three.

Thing is, Real Madrid is always guaranteed. :D

The other game is usually a toss-up between Valencia or Barcelona but sometimes they do try and show other teams.

I wish they showed Sevilla and Real Betis more. :wallbang: But Sevilla will be shown in the Cup against Osasuna tonight and against Barca on Saturday night. :star:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Personally, the only appealing thing there for me that I don't get is the LIVE Madrid games. I get to watch Barcelona and Madrid's games for each week on the weekend, and I also will usually get one more, like Valencia or Real Betis' games.

I also get to see live Portuguese SuperLiga, live EPL, live Ligue 1, and taped Bundesliga, Serie A, Brazilian, Argentinian and Dutch games from the week of play.

I'd love to get that entire SkySports package they have available in the UK... I saw something on their website. You literally get every single game of every single major league, in their respective languages. That'd be amazing.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Sunday 30th January

is NOT live, game starts at 6pm!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tony Montana said:
Sunday 30th January

is NOT live, game starts at 6pm!
True, I just checked and a live FA Cup game is on at 6pm.

Anyway, back to the original question. Does anyone know how much money Real are getting from Sky?

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
DeJackal said:
Anyway, back to the original question. Does anyone know how much money Real are getting from Sky?
send a pm to a guy that goes by the name of Madman, he should know, he s one of our financial advisors. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts