Xtratime Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
La Liga's next star?...Hernan Crespo (AP)
04/28/2002. According to the latest reports out of Madrid, Hernan Crespo's agent Gustavo Mascardi has flown to the Spanish capital to meet with Real Madrid general director Jorge Valdano over the possibility of a sensational summer-switch for the Rome-based Argentinean 'golador'.

It is an open secret that the record-European Champions are keen on securing the services of a more reliable marksman than their injury prone Spanish international Fernando Morientes, and Crespo – who is also being targeted by Barcelona, Juventus and AC Milan - would certainly fill the bill quite nicely.

SS Lazio president Sergio Cragnotti is renown for his "nobody is untouchable" transfer policy, and it remains to be seen whether the 'Cirio' mogul will be able to resist an offer upwards of 50 million euros.

The 26-year-old former Parma star, himself, would be unlikely to protest such a deal - if his recent comments in Spanish sports daily Mundo Deportivo are anything to go by.

"It's my ambition to play in Spain one day. The prospect of playing there is very tempting to me," Crespo confessed in an interview conducted late last month.

"I've been told it is great in Spain, playing and living are both enjoyable there," he added. "After the World Cup I would consider changing clubs, which will be a decision made between myself and Lazio."

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
NO!! The door is closed tight !! No one should go after this seaosn,e sp: Crespo, Nesta, and Peruzzi....

We should build a new team based on this season's ...

PS: anyway whom is Real not interested in ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
popsicle said:
La Liga's next star?...Hernan Crespo (AP)
04/28/2002. According to the latest reports out of Madrid...
Well, doesn't this just say it all? This is from Spanish newspaper AS, which is the most Real Madrid bound newspaper in the world and it wouldn't be the first time for them to make something up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
No one knows what Perez is cooking :undecide:

Lazio have blew up their chances of making CL (are you surprised? If you lost Zach you would have sealed 4th a while ago!), so Cragnotti might end up letting go of some players. Nesta is the player we clearly need, but i can't see him going, so Perez might take the chance to target Crespo now.

Silly summer transfer season will start to shape up soon.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Lazindo01 said:
PS: anyway whom is Real not interested in ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
maybe your coach zach... :D:D:D

·
Agent 1.3
568 Posts
Real, hands off!!:devil:

:D ;)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Youness said:
give us Solari plus some cash and we'll give you Crespo... Morientos sucks in Spain and he will suck at Lazio
Despite my avatar. I do not want Crespo to go to Real. Lazio is bigger for me. They have enough stars. Crespo is like a symbol for Lazio, incredibly important. he will never be that in Madrid. Morientes does not suck. He is almost top goal scorer, no wonder when you score five goals in a match, but he is almost always injured. Guti gives him good competition, anyway. I don't think we need Morientes either. We have had enough spenish failures. You never know though. We need Schevchenko or Vieri (why did we sell him?). Of course I know we can't have them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts