Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VS

My favourite game the upcoming weekend :)

I think we can expect a passionate and entertaining game as always, most probably a closer one than the last.

Let this thread be about the game, and not off-pitch violence.

Predictions anyone?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I'll say the exact same thing I said in the game thread you opened for this game last year...

Stupid game that is sure to provide idiotic moments from the fans. Sevilla and Betis have two of the worst fanbases in Spain alongside Athletic and Osasuna.

Somebody will get injured, and for some reason we'll continue to play this game. It never goes 90 minutes without somebody being taken to the hospital for fan violence.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't watched Betis yet this season, but I have taken note that they have bought Mehmet Aurelio and Sergio Garcia, both very good acquisitions IMO.

Meanwhile Sevilla have bought Squaillici who seems to be a good defender, but unfortunately he has untrustworthy defenders around him

So my prediction is: 2-2

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
I'll say the exact same thing I said in the game thread you opened for this game last year...

Stupid game that is sure to provide idiotic moments from the fans. Sevilla and Betis have two of the worst fanbases in Spain alongside Athletic and Osasuna.

Somebody will get injured, and for some reason we'll continue to play this game. It never goes 90 minutes without somebody being taken to the hospital for fan violence.
unfortunately true. i think in recent few seasons there had been more tension in this derby than the entertainment.

i wish the coming game to be more interesting and to see players concentrate more on the game more than any thing else.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
I haven't watched Betis yet this season, but I have taken note that they have bought Mehmet Aurelio and Sergio Garcia, both very good acquisitions IMO.

Meanwhile Sevilla have bought Squaillici who seems to be a good defender, but unfortunately he has untrustworthy defenders around him

So my prediction is: 2-2

there are some new names for betis in this game, Emana, Nelson, Aurelio and Sergio.. we may see all of them start this derby.

hopefully the 1st win for Betis this season to be in this one. :)

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
the predictable lineup for betis:

--------------casto------------
nelson-----arzu---juanito---vega
------------aurelio---------
------capi--------emana--------
s.garcia----------------gonzalez
------------pavone------------

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Capel interview with goal.com

Goal.com said:
Goal.com Exclusive With Diego Capel

Sevilla’s rising young sensation Diego Capel spoke exclusively to Goal.com Spain chief Juan Lirman on the eve of El Derbi Sevillano...

Sevilla will go head to head with fierce city rivals Real Betis at the Estadio Ruiz de Lopera on Sunday in Matchday Three of La Liga. With the tantalizing encounter all set up, Goal.com spoke exclusively to one of the Blanquirrojos’ star players, Diego Capel.

Goal.com: Diego, you have already stated previously that Sevilla-Betis for you is the best game in the world, no?

Diego Capel: Man, the truth is that one always dreams of playing in games like these. And even more so for me because I am from the cantera and as such, I know exactly what these derbies are like.

Goal.com: How do you see the game against Betis?

Capel: Complicated. We know that these derbies are different from all the other games. The truth is that Betis has reinforced well and I suppose it will be a very difficult game.

Goal.com: How much does one notice the atmosphere in these games?

Capel: As I said, the derbies are always different and to be able to live that experience is pretty special. But the main thing that we wish for is for the game to be peaceful and that nothing bad happens.

Goal.com: Will there be extra pressure? Or are you used to it?

Capel: No… I believe that one is fully accustomed to it and there’s no other extra pressure.

Goal.com: There is always a special motivation for the derbi, yes?

Capel: Yes, because we know how important the game is for us and for our fans. We want to win it for them because they deserve it.

Goal.com: Give me a result…

Capel: (Without hesitation) 0-1. I’ll be happy with that.

Goal.com: And who will score?

Capel: (Confidently) I will, ofcourse.

Goal.com: How do you evaluate Sevilla’s new arrivals?

Capel: I believe that the team has reinforced very well. After the departure of our key players, the club moved very quickly to strengthen the team and we have done that well. We have quite a competitive squad.

Goal.com: How will this new Sevilla play?

Capel: We must play the same way we have been playing since we started winning titles. I believe that we are performing at a very high level and we hope that we can obtain another trophy this year so we can dedicate it to our fans. I would like that very much because as a player, I have not yet won anything other that the Spanish Supercopa.

Goal.com: Aside from the message of peace you spoke of earlier, what else would you say to all the Sevillanos? Not just the Sevilla fans.

Capel: I would tell them to enjoy the game and may the best team win. Nowadays in football, the most important thing is that nothing bad happens and if there is something that should be emphasized over everything else, it is that team’s play good football and there is mutual respect between everyone.

Goal.com: And what are the expectations of the team?

Capel: Like I have said, we have a good team and everyone wants to achieve great things. I hope that with hard work and by taking things one game at a time, we can secure some trophies.

Goal.com: And your personal goals for this season?

Capel: Mainly to avoid injuries and to continue working hard and maintain my game, because we know that to play at the top level all the time is very difficult. But I hope I can achieve that and enjoy a lot of playing time this season.

Goal.com: Thank you very much for speaking to us and continue to delight us, Diego.

Capel: Thank you very much.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
0-0 FT

Should be seen as progress for Betis, they got a point anyways and looked good for much of the game :) Nelson was very good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts