Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've notice since long that due to the constant transfers, or better rumours of them, ex players from both, and more, they usually pull out the past of some next rival player to put pressure on him, this is common every, but not in the scale they done it throgh their own media.
Nevertheless what is pretty more noticeable, is the pretty obvious tactics to move the floor of rival players by rumours of being "their" next boy...they do this throughout the season, and mainly when a game with the club the player belong is closer.

Of course many can more than sure end in their dominions, but mostly is just to bother, lately Barca has been playing this stuff constantly, as if they need it, but even smelling a little bit bad, is pretty smart from them, they did it with Riquelme trying to cracking him with the revenge, the battle between him and Ronie (who was named the best player near that date), and the truth was that they care the less Roman, and that in prior matches he did more than ok, so was nothing to demonstrate, just let put some pressure on him, the bullet go out from the wrong side...with Baptista, they redit the probably Barca player, and the poor dude really felt all that pressure on his shooulders, now the one ois Torres, with even photos of him with a Barca t-shirt.

Rhe thing is that in this last case, we are talking of a really young, and worse spanish promise, and some times a real bad game from him, can mark him in a real injustice way.
I can see the papers in months saying that may be Torres isn't that good for Barca, because he couldn't handle the pressure against Barca, Aletis fans piss off with the usuall illusion of players wanting to be in this two big boys, etc...I'm the only one that think that this stuff is not necessary, and big guilt is in the moron players to play this sick game?

Finally, I use Barca examples because are more clear later, and the obtaining of the title is a crusade in every front as it seems, and I have to add, that I like a lot that in Spain at least have the balls, and great policy of leting their own players in loan, to play against them, like Barca, something that annoys me here in Argentina, were Boca don't let any loan to play against us.

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
The game is never clean, Fangio, and the press who love to say something about ethic (long ago I come to the conclusion with some friends of mine, biologists, journalists and lawyers, that every universitary who have ethics in the curricullum only have it to keep the clean act, because it is all made the ignore the ethics later) , fairness are always in the act. Some of them - actually directly or indirectly - all of them make money with footbal and they have to live with spetacule of sometimes one of the most notorious things: how life is boring daily basis. So, they have to create those shows, make batles, talk about something in levels that are far from truth.
The players are just banals, they go along because it is the routine, because they know that their image is in the hand of the press, one day ROnaldo diss the reporter and the Gordito is back, the other day that Eto'o do it, he is just fast players who only scores because of the others, etc.
You must remember, the media is the mother of majority of silly topics here, they are the mother of vs. , who is the best, defensive is only possible, pele and maradona, all that non-sense.
I bet next Brazil and Argentina they will talk about the water, as if 15 years after it there would be any importance to the game to be played...

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The game is never clean, Fangio, and the press who love to say something about ethic (long ago I come to the conclusion with some friends of mine, biologists, journalists and lawyers, that every universitary who have ethics in the curricullum only have it to keep the clean act, because it is all made the ignore the ethics later) , fairness are always in the act. Some of them - actually directly or indirectly - all of them make money with footbal and they have to live with spetacule of sometimes one of the most notorious things: how life is boring daily basis. So, they have to create those shows, make batles, talk about something in levels that are far from truth.
The players are just banals, they go along because it is the routine, because they know that their image is in the hand of the press, one day ROnaldo diss the reporter and the Gordito is back, the other day that Eto'o do it, he is just fast players who only scores because of the others, etc.
You must remember, the media is the mother of majority of silly topics here, they are the mother of vs. , who is the best, defensive is only possible, pele and maradona, all that non-sense.
I bet next Brazil and Argentina they will talk about the water, as if 15 years after it there would be any importance to the game to be played...
Well I have to be sincere, the aim was to see why many people bought this, I use the press, because is the once that promoted, but I see that no few grab to them as the final truth, so you ruin it bastard, jajajja, anyway the thing is what bothers me si that I can see all over XT falling on Torres if he had a bad game, as if it comes from a formed opinion, and can be mostly pushed on that direction by this games, because more than a battle, in the case of Baptista and Torres is like putting the cheese to see if they follow it, not that much of selling more papers instantly, more of assuer Barca to win the Liga, to then sell more papers, nevertheless is an stupid idea from me , and not short of arrogance since I'm being pretty unfair with the posters in this Forum, is just I'm tired of being all justify for many just because is their country, their club, etc... something that tires in myself even...

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
The press in Spain is a joke, the two main papers are more like fanzines, almost as if they were written by XT posters:pp There is no such thing as sports journalism in Spain, so its no surprise what you are seeing there.

This past week, Marca was a joke putting Atletico on their front page every day, guess who they play? Barcelona, of course and they plant rumors that Barcelona is interested in Torres, which is false.

In Spain, I am used to it, I prefer to read Carson 35 and his goofy rumors posts:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
But the posters here are indeed under the influence of the press. How to deny this ? There is a incridible repetition of press themes of the week, press way to see the game. That leads you exactly the kind of sittuation that a player is judgement by seconds, a game, all his carrer time. It is all, as result, a twisted view of the players. A player goes to heaven in a few months, a player falls in a few months. This for something that lasts for decades : the carrer of the player.
Those people would make Maradona unfit for the european football because of Barca's time, those people make Kaka from the wonder of last year to a nobody today. But that is how the press works because they count their time daily, so they do split the second in many pieces they need, each going slowly.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
barça said:
The press in Spain is a joke, the two main papers are more like fanzines, almost as if they were written by XT posters:pp
But I believe that's true of football newspapers all over the world.. :drunk:

·
Registered
66,965 Posts
na, i can assure u that in America and Russia the press is biased but they surely don't sound like XT Posters.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
JCamilo said:
But the posters here are indeed under the influence of the press. How to deny this ? There is a incridible repetition of press themes of the week, press way to see the game. That leads you exactly the kind of sittuation that a player is judgement by seconds, a game, all his carrer time. It is all, as result, a twisted view of the players. A player goes to heaven in a few months, a player falls in a few months. This for something that lasts for decades : the carrer of the player.
Those people would make Maradona unfit for the european football because of Barca's time, those people make Kaka from the wonder of last year to a nobody today. But that is how the press works because they count their time daily, so they do split the second in many pieces they need, each going slowly.
:thmbup:

And can I say it works both ways too, Alot of the people are brainwashed and don't look deeper enough at these players who are not robots but humans.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
JCamilo said:
I agree, I think that most, certainly not all, people are indeed influenced by the media.

I have lived in 5 countries and travel to a lot of countries every month, the press in Spain is the most biased around clubs, Marca and AS for Madrid and Sport and EL Mundo Deportivo for Barcelona and then there is the Valencia paper, etc. In England, for example, you see the biase for England but not so much for the club itself, same in other countries.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts