Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick turn around for a trip to Reading on Tuesday night.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Chris Baird has been given the all clear after his concussion in the Preston game, but I'm sure he won't be involved in this game.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Good news that Baird is ok. You never want to see anyone with a head injury.

Hanson or Hendrick to comes into midfield. I would say Hanson myself.

I'd also look at having the two strongest full backs we have defensively, so Shotton and Warnock.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good shout. I expect Reading to come at us from the start, so we will need to be strong defensively. Slight worry that Warnock had to go off yesterday. Hopefully just cramp in this old legs.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Another possible change to consider would be Wiemann for Ince. Ince hasn't been at his best yet, and Wiemann perhaps deserves a chance. Wiemann would also give you more work rate.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could be a possibility. Ince to come on as an impact sub would be handy too. Clement seems to like a bit of rotation anyway. So I won't be surprised to see more than the one obvious change.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guess the line up time, I'm going for this 433

Carson

Shotton
Keogh
Shackell
Warnock

Butterfield
Johnson
Hendrick

Russell
Martin
Wiemann

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also with Baird missing who will be captain? I think Shackell is vice captain. So probably him. Though I would like Martin to get the armband. Think the added responsibility could be good for his game. Any other contenders?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Don't see the need to drop Grant, but then I didn't see the need to drop Carson. So who knows.

Expect shackell to be captain, perhaps Martin to take on the vice captain role.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, not sure goalkeeper is a position to be using a rotation system. But for me Carson should be number 1. I still just feel that Grant could drop a clanger any second.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I'm sure the vice captain will step up. Which I think is Shackell? Who took the armband when Baird went off, or did they not bother with it, seems as there was more urgent matters to worry about?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
As for goalkeeper rotation, I can't recall anyone ever doing this. Unless you go back to Shilton and Clemence for England, and that's international so a bit different.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sure the vice captain will step up. Which I think is Shackell? Who took the armband when Baird went off, or did they not bother with it, seems as there was more urgent matters to worry about?
Remember them saying on radio derby that they can't see anyone with the captains armband. Assume it was still on Baird.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As for goalkeeper rotation, I can't recall anyone ever doing this. Unless you go back to Shilton and Clemence for England, and that's international so a bit different.
Yeah, not sure it's going to catch on.

·
Registered
175 Posts
After the Reading - Ipswich game, i was gonna play on X in your game tomorrow. But i didn't see the Prestongame, were you really that good, so you can win at Reading?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts