Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading that this bloke Madjeski has pumped 40 million quid into the team and facilities so far, and plans to turn them into a Premiership club. I don't know much about the club or the area, but this guy seems to an intelligent operator. It also seems to be the way football is going at the moment. Millionaires taking over sides in the lower divisions, and moulding them into something of their own image. Blackburn, Fulham...Reading.
Who's next?

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I have been to the Madjeski Stadium and I was impressed :eekani: Two seasons back Colchester beat them 2-1 :D but they have come on along way and I reckon they will be a Premier League team soon. I would reckon the next team to do what Fulham did would be Stoke City.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Yes Stoke do have the money maybe not as much as Reading, but they are the big spenders of Division 2 with Reading :greed: :greed: :greed:

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Hard to predict... though Brentford could surprise a few people, and their captain and playmaker Paul Evans is IMHO one of the best midfielders outside the Premiership. Have you seen some of the goals he's scored? Brilliant!

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
How do you think Colchester will fare next season? Duguid and David Gregory are good players from what I've heard, so that might be a base to build on.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I would say top 10 finish or play-offs :eekani: if we sign the right players for the right places with abit of skill. Karl Dugiud is quality but David Gregory :eekani: who told you that :howler: :wallbang: He's fat, lazy just some good points. So who told you all this about ColU (Colchester) :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts