Xtratime Community banner

RD 7: Milan-Sampdoria

7K views 271 replies 52 participants last post by  Incubo 
#1 ·
Well, the winning streak is over but we still have not lost. :stuckup:

Any thoughts on potential lineups? I was very disappointed to see Carlo chicken out and go with his "safe" tree formation. Do we see it again or do we see a forward pairing? With Pippo back we have options again.

#2 ·
This game is two weeks away. A lot can happen. Isn't Nesta, Senderos and Borriello supposed to back then?

#3 ·
Good point. I believe Nesta is back training. Not sure about Boriello, but he might be ready, too. I hope he can keep the form he had before hte injury. I was really impressed.

#4 ·
Dae, you should known that you have to resign, and past the reigns of thread starting to me :(

:D

Anyway, they just lost 4-2 at Atalanta, but Cassano scored two goals so he is obviously in form.

I hope we at least get Borriello back, but I'm not holding my breath for Nesta.

#11 ·
Dae, you should known that you have to resign, and past the reigns of thread starting to me :(

Some gave the job for the season after I insured victory over Inter. I am more than happy to do something else for the 3 minutes of time I spend creating the thread. :stuckup:

W@nkers!!!!

#5 ·
Dae

I thought after the winning streak was over you would give the match thread to someone else, can´t you at least post the expected lineup you goof... :mad:

ps. I say Gaucho and Kaka together is a no no!

#14 ·
Either Inas or jani's line-ups are fine, as long as it's two strikers.

Samp can be a tricky side to beat and we'll have to play a good game to defeat them. Kaka behind Pato and Borriello is too much for any defence to handle when they're on it, and they should be the first choice trio for all Serie A matches. Would be immense if Nesta is back for this one but we must be patient with him. It's a long season.

I dont have a good feeling about this one right now, but there's still the international break to go. Sampdoria is one of those sides that have an air of uncertainty about them. When we face a big club we know Milan is one of the best sides for being 100% mentally prepared but sides like Samp are always a worry. As I said though, shouldnt be a problem winning if Ka-Pa-Bo are on it :hopeful:.

Training sessions during this international break are going to be crucial.

#23 ·
As I said though, shouldnt be a problem winning if Ka-Pa-Bo are on it :hopeful:.
haha that name is so ugly :howler:

Liternit said:
thanks Jani! Nice to see Gaucho out and Flamini back in, untill Gaucho starts dribbling past players he should not start.
Thats just what I think it's going to be though, two weeks is a long time in football terms. Also I forgot Zambro is banned, hopefully we see Antonini and not Favalli.

Liternit said:
Also nice formating skills you should start making the match threads, Dae luck has run out :(
Yeah, but Dae is like Favalli you know, he still starts the games (thread) even though there is someone else better waiting :(

#15 ·
Abbiati; Antonini, Nesta/Bonera, Maldini, Jankulosvki; Flamini, Seedorf, Ambrosini; Kaka; Pato, Borriello.

Zambrotta is banned for the match.

#17 ·
So you are suggesting that Dae should start a thread match for the Tirana match as well? ;)

#18 · (Edited)
No, Dae should do the important games, especially home games:smileani:

Away games(if Borriello is out) and unimportant games should be left to someone else:embarass:

#19 ·
This Wednesday there will be also the charity friendly vs. Fiorentina for Stefano Borgonovo.

#20 ·
I read about Borgonovo, sad :(

But isn't that a game that the retirees will also take part, Demetrio, Donadoni, Gullit?

#22 ·
Yes, as far as I know a good couple of former greats will participate. It's indeed a sad thing about Stefano.

The high incidence of ALS among former football players, esp. considering the relative young age of onset, is bewildering.

#34 ·
True, but I was thinking that if this kid is ever going to play it might be in a tribute game for the "other" team. I agree that Flamini has been sitting more than I thought he would, but Seedorf, Gattuso and even AMbro have been playing great football. At least he is sitting behind players playing at their best.

#37 ·
I think Seedorf has been one of our better players for years (no not perfect, but very good) but I agree that this season he seems to have stepped it up another notch. I am sure the thought of losing his place to Dinho or Flamini has made him try a bit harder. ;)

#39 ·
bern

yes Ambrosini was your best player last season, but then again how good was Milan was last season? Carlo seems to have a hard time bringing new player in the team.

#42 ·
The only thing I wish we would see is this team going into the home of some pissant team and looking to blow them to f*cking pieces. This team has enough creative talent and flair to go into the likes of Genoa or Cagliari or Reggina and kick the living shit out of them.

But we never do....

#44 ·
We need to stop playing the Xmas tree against these teams because against compact, well organized defences we need to score off of rebounds, half-chances, set-pieces and mistakes. The chances of these things happening are increased when we have two people in the box and a playmaker right behind them. That'll disorganize defences and cause havoc. We seem to just sit back and rely much on our playmakers to produce that gem of an assist to our sole striker who's probably not even in the box!

Plus when we have 5 mids with Rino and Ambro we're really not asking much of them and many times Rino and Ambro look like they're missing in action. Def. mids thrive on running and stretching themselves, they get that extra motivation when the game is more of a challenge. Rino was way better against Lazio's attacking midfield than against Cagliari even though he had less to do then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.