Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The undeated streak stands at 7 wins and 2 draws :stuckup: although getting a dose of our own last minute heroics really hurt. Let's see how we respond against Chievo. A team I know little about.

Our lineup is a guess at this point given all our injuries. I missed what happened to Maldini; he is always hurt.

Maybe two forwards at home or does Dinhos hot streak continue. He has now become a guy who does nothing but score goals.

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
You didnt type it right ilgenio, but nice try :D.

Well, if we can take anything away from the Via del Mare (besides the one point) it'll hopefully be a fire and a determination to win this game comfortably. Take our chances, continue playing fairly good football and hope that luck doesnt desert us.

There were times during the Lecce match that our play had shown proper improvement, so the performances are coming as well as the results, for the most part.

Borriello is a must, despite his misses. He is a fighter and will be 110% determined to make amends, and given the chances I'm confident that he can do it. Rino's in good form but played a lot recently, perhaps Ambro in his place.

Chievo are second from bottom, so no doubt we'll be facing a side with little quality but a professional in the art of being a stubborn pain-in-the-ass, wannabe catenaccio. Hopefully an early goal and then some ruthless finishing to have the 3 points signed, sealed and delivered.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Kaka

Pato-Borriello​

The only part that matters to me.
Throw Ronaldinho in there somewhere. After all, he's the one scoring all the goals right now. ;)

Borriello had a good season at Genoa but has otherwise never really impressed, so I can't get excited about him. :undecide:

·
Scudetto
23,383 Posts
Throw Ronaldinho in there somewhere. After all, he's the one scoring all the goals right now. ;)

Borriello had a good season at Genoa but has otherwise never really impressed, so I can't get excited about him. :undecide:
Ronaldinho can come in as a sub.

Borriello isn't scoring, but his game is just what Milan have needed all these years, a striker that chases all the balls, holds it up and just be a nuisance.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Do we have a game in midweek? Kaka-pato-bori for me also.
No, but there's Coppa on Wednesday, but we are not playing till December against Lazio.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
So the guys get a full week of rest? That's great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
We need to play,

Gattusso Seedorf

Kaka R80

Pato Boriello

I want us to play with two attackers but R80 is doing well now and shouldn't be dropped. Seedorf and Gattusso can handle the midfield. We're playing against Chievo so I believe we can afford to take a few risks.

·
Registered
10,164 Posts
Sick of chances being wasted in the last Serie A games. So .....

Oioioi oioioi Pippo Inzaghi segna per noi!!!! :stuckup:

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
we are on a 7+2=9 unbeaten run. see no groundbreaking reasons to change the formation or tactics really

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
we are on a 7+2=9 unbeaten run. see no groundbreaking reasons to change the formation or tactics really
This is true, actually.

·
Registered
10,164 Posts
It's worth noticing though that in those 9 matches Ancelotti never fielded the same players twice, in fact he has played with 9 different formations.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
It could be interesting to see with what formations we actually scored the goals. Not that it means that we should use those formations, but at least against Napoli and Lecce when scored we certainly were not using the Christmas Tree nor any other formation implying only one forward.

But it is true that we are looking solid with the 4-3-2-1, although not explosive. Two keys IMO are 1) how good Rino is looking as our vice Pirlo and 2) using Seedorf in his old role. He shines less than in other roles (usually Dinho's or against Inter in Pirlo's), but he is very fucntional to the team there as a lot of our previous seasons under Carlo have showed.

·
Registered
10,164 Posts
8 times this season in Serie A we've played the 4-3-2-1 and of those only one time have we scored more than 1 goal.

Of the 4 matches in which we've scored more than 1 goal, 3 times we've been playing with 2 strikers.

Pretty interesting numbers imo.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
It's worth noticing though that in those 9 matches Ancelotti never fielded the same players twice, in fact he has played with 9 different formations.
am i wrong to think that of those 9 games in a row, most were 4-3-2-1 ?

1 - 20 of 241 Posts