Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He got booed at this game?
I can't believe it. OMG! He had an off day and the fans are all over him, i thinks that's wrong. That just gets the player more down and his teammates I don't think appreciate it much either. Some of the fans need to grow up and be glad to have a team like they do. Shame on those fans.:yuck:
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=180259&cpid=23

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
yeah its a shame
the most consiannt player who played 6 and half seasons with the club and got his only bad game got booed. its a shame really :(

carlos and raul are the symbols of our club and they shouldnt get booed for one single match

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
What´s so wrong about that?
The team on a whole wasn´t playing well and RC was particularly bad. The crowd wasn´t happy and they expressed their opinion. It´s not such a big deal:eek:
RC is loved by the Bernabeu but it´s good to show that NOBODY is untouchable. He´ll be cheered again the moment he plays well.

The fans have a right to express their opinion. Footballers would not earn so much money with a work they LOVE if it wasnt for the fans.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder though, has Raul ever been booed of the pitch for poor display.
Earlier this year he was pretty bad, but there were no boos that I know of:confused:

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
Ghostface said:
I wonder though, has Raul ever been booed of the pitch for poor display.
Earlier this year he was pretty bad, but there were no boos that I know of:confused:
You must realize that the Bernabéu does not boo a bad performance but a poor attitude. Effort is always welcome and this is what has kept Raúl more or less free from whistle -not completely, though.
But Roberto's problem is clearly one of attitude, and has appeared all along the season. When he has added some pitiful mistakes to his aparent laziness, then he has been booed. We know RC's potential, and so people has seen he was not making mistakes, but paying vey little attention to the game

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
but its the worst time to wistle him!
he is negotiating a contract offer from madrid while knowing chelsea are ready to pay him $20M in 5 years

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Laziness? C'mon, RC runs backs and forth the whole pitch every single game. Also, it was against Murcia, which shouldn't have been a difficult game, and the whole team was playing below par, so to single out RC in this game was not deserved. Maybe in a more high profile match, but not this game.

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
but its the worst time to wistle him!
he is negotiating a contract offer from madrid while knowing chelsea are ready to pay him $20M in 5 years
People wouldn't accept if his behaviour on the pitch suggests anything like a blackmail to the club. Be sure that any effort from the club to improve RC's wages -certainly not undeserved- will be conditioned to a regular compromise on the ground

Ghostface said:
Laziness? C'mon, RC runs backs and forth the whole pitch every single game.
This is known and has made of him probably the most beloved player just behind Raúl, but in this case it only makes it even clearer when his mind is somewhere else. It is not new, and maybe is Roberto's only fault. Two years ago, before the european victory in Glasgow, it was him who said that the team were saving efforts in the league.

Ghostface said:
Also, it was against Murcia, which shouldn't have been a difficult game, and the whole team was playing below par, so to single out RC in this game was not deserved. Maybe in a more high profile match, but not this game.
And this is one key point: we know Madrid will play at 100% against Bayern. This has made 3 championships plus 1 semifinal in 5 years possible.
But the League has many low-profile matches, and, want it or not, the League result is very much of the general outcome of the year. This is the most important phase of the season: with the CL break, it is the time to sprint at the domestic competitions.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
as i expected

Real Madrid officials are said to be frustrated by the recent lack of enthusiasm shown by Roberto Carlos regarding new contract talks.
Real president Florentino Perez has verbally offered the Brazilian international wing-back an improved contract to 2007. But Roberto Carlos is now indicating he doesn't want to re-sign at the present time.

"There has been contact about me renewing my contract at Real Madrid," the wing-back declared this week. "But I don't want to re-sign until my present contract expires."

Roberto Carlos' stance has surprised Real officials, which hoped to finalise his new contract this month.

The development comes after reports this week that Chelsea have made the Brazilian a mega offer to move to London in the summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts