Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why the hell Errickson didnt call Parlour???
It's not because Im a Gooner so that I want him to play for England, but he deserves it.

Gerrard is injured, Dyer is not fit. Butt is ok. BUT Why did Erickson call T. Sinclair instead of Parlour???

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Sinclair proved that he'd rather not stay in Japan and do the professional thing, but fly back home and sulk. Now that Murphy looks to be crocked, Eriksson will have to call on Sinclair, as he's already been announced as the replacement. But, wait a minute, according to my calculations, today is the 22nd, and, therefore, Sven has still got 26 hours to make Parlour a part of the World Cup Squad.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I think the fact that Parlour has not been on top form when he has played this year may be a reason.... I know that you can say he has experience but that does not make a difference, also one cup final does not matter!

The fact is that he has struggled this year and if you do not see this then you have blinkered yoursleves.... sorry

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i dont like sven calling up injured players i reckon.
IMO get the set and ready players like parlour. so therefore more options. stop sitting around on your lil bottom waiting for dyer to heal. ( beckham has an excuse, cose i thin england really needs him)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Trevor Sinclair is definately NOT an international player. You only have to look at his performance against the might of South Korea to realise this. He is dreadful, he can't pass (to his own players anyway) he can't run with the ball and he doesn't score goals. Ray Parlour must be gutted seeing this clown picked ahaead of him. If Sven doesn't want Ray then give David Dunn a go, he looked pretty good for the U21's but NOT NOT NOT Trevor Sin-bloody-clair pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If Dany Muprhy is withdrawn then the ideal player to replace him is Parlour. Parlour can play on the right wing and in the middle, whereas Sinclir can only play on the wing. And with Butt, Gerrard and Murphy injured, three center Mids, then Parlour should get a call up to the squad as over for Hargreaves and Scholes.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I got a feeling that if PArlour had played for ManU or Liverpool he had been in the England squard as well. Murphy is a joke of a footballer, The worst joke in the business apart from Charragher, I`m no anti Liverpool man, I loved to see them above United this year but those players are hardly premiership class.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'm not so sure about Parlour playing for England. I think I'd rather see someone like David Dunn replace Murphy. One thing I dont understnad is, if Murphy pulls out, how can he replace him with Sinclair? Sinclair is not a central midfielder...

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Parlour won't get a look in from Sven as he is no good at long balls and set pieces.In Svens' mind this is the only way you can score a goal.
This clown should have been sussed the minute Heskey was given a starting place.Without the long ball obsessed Beckham and Gerrard Sven needs players who love launching it.Hargreaves will be dropped as his passes are way too short and go along the floor.Ashley Cole even hit a few against Korea and he has never done that in his life before at the Arse or Palace.
Sven is a moron.England will go out early anyway so we should at least try to play football.
Who has ever won a World Cup playing this moronic style?

We are well short on technical ability but at least play the right way tactically.

Ray Parlour should take it as a compliment Sven doesn't pick him.
;)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
englands lose not to have parlour.
one thing i have to disagree with you is thatr sven is a great coach. a very good coach. i do agree that he does overlook the possibility of scoring from long range where italy and spainish sides can do. in england premier league, long shots that score is very unlikly it will happen. hopefully this will change.
what i REALLY dont like about sven is that he values or thinkgs michael owen is some god.
frankly, his not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts