Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in fact, I wouldn't mind seeing him out of madrid this summer.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
A captain needs to set an example for his mates. He needs to set an example by good play. Either Raul turn into a Roy Keane kind of captain where he is a leader and fierce voice in the lockeroom or else he shape up his current captain status as that of a "follow my good play" leader like Javier Zanetti and Paolo Maldini.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Ah now somebody is talking sense.. Raul cannot be captain and that what i was saying all day long..

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I'll save this one for the FM's

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
LOL Che

You're the best :D

Anyways, Beckham Mania, I think you are right, a foward cannot be a captain. A forward is often inconsistent, you need an everyday consistent player such as Salgado or Carlos or Helguerra. But nonetheless, I see what you're getting at and its no- Becks is not the answer at captain.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
LOL Che

You're the best :D

Anyways, Beckham Mania, I think you are right, a foward cannot be a captain. A forward is often inconsistent, you need an everyday consistent player such as Salgado or Carlos or Helguerra. But nonetheless, I see what you're getting at and its no- Becks is not the answer at captain.
I will not talk about Beckham in this thread.. This thread doesn't involve beckham and i shouldn't speak of him here. This is a thread about Raul and i will post my opinion why Raul should not be captain..

What difference have Raul made to Real Madrid by being captain? Nothing.. If Raul was not playing, there will be no difference felt in the Madrid team.. Real Madrid team still feels the same.. It just feels like Real is misiing a good striker..That cannot be said for captains like Keane or Vieira.. When they are missing Arsenal and Man U lose so much.. Their presence is such that when they are missing it is felt that Arsenal or Man U are missing more than just a midfielder...

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
B.M. the reason why Raul has disappear is because he is no lnger the focal point of the madrid attack.

Raul was the man in madrid and could carry this team but Perez obsession towards buying all the big names and not a squad froze Raul out.

As great as Ronaldo is as a player and the big goals he scored for madrid he not a good strike partner for Raul.

I doubt you followed Real madrid back then but before Roanldo, Raul had made a great partnership with Moro as well as Figo.

Figo first season at Real they were a great tandem.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
True but Ronaldo is light years ahead of Raul...but guess what...since he is a Real Madrid ICON he will not be benched and most likely he will not be sold...

So what good is raul then?

I think Casillas or Helguera should be captains...and Raul needs to start from the bench or hit the road...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Che said:
B.M. the reason why Raul has disappear is because he is no lnger the focal point of the madrid attack.

Raul was the man in madrid and could carry this team but Perez obsession towards buying all the big names and not a squad froze Raul out.

As great as Ronaldo is as a player and the big goals he scored for madrid he not a good strike partner for Raul.

I doubt you followed Real madrid back then but before Roanldo, Raul had made a great partnership with Moro as well as Figo.

Figo first season at Real they were a great tandem.
Yes i didn't watch Real back then.. But was Raul Madrid's captain before this? I thought Hierro was the captain..
Raul records and stats does show he was a great player before this.. But was he ever a great captain?? So he could have been a great player before but there is nothing to show that he ever made a great captain..
Maybe his previous record and loyalty to club has made him captain but i have never seen Raul using the captain's arm band to any effect for Madrid..

Maybe it is hard for Raul now with all those famous players around now.. But if he can't handle all the big names, then he should step down and give it to someone who can handle the galacticos..I would like to say Beckham, but i rather not. Then somebody will spoil this discussion by bashing Beckham up in this thread..

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
beckham mania said:
Yes i didn't watch Real back then.. But was Raul Madrid's captain before this? I thought Hierro was the captain..
Raul records and stats does show he was a great player before this.. But was he ever a great captain?? So he could have been a great player before but there is nothing to show that he ever made a great captain..
Maybe his previous record and loyalty to club has made him captain but i have never seen Raul using the captain's arm band to any effect for Madrid..

Maybe it is hard for Raul now with all those famous players around now.. But if he can't handle all the big names, then he should step down and give it to someone who can handle the galacticos..I would like to say Beckham, but i rather not. Then somebody will spoil this discussion by bashing Beckham up in this thread..
Raul was 2nd capt to Hierro

football not that easy and Perez is learning that buying world class talent can only take you so far since each of the individual players on their on merits are world class but as a team they fail, there is no heart or soul.

Perez has turned Real Madrid into Inter-Madrid and unless we off load some of the fat and old and replace with young and hungry players it will not matter who the capt is.

Raul is a symbol of the club and it may be hard for you to understand that he has won so much for our club and brought us soo much happiness .

I dont expect you to understand this since your loyalty lies with your favorite player but our lies with our club and Raul is the symbol of the club.

As long as Raul chooses to be at Real he will be our capt, any other debate as who is captain is frankly a waste of time

·
Registered
396 Posts
beckham mania said:
You talk as if Raul's not famous my dear girl? The reason it seems like he's not well known in certain part of the world is because people that know who Raul Gonzales is, are people who watch football and not just football players. And they know him long before Mr. Spice Boy joined this club. Just because he's quiet, doesn't like the media, keep his private life private, doesn't wear designer clothes, doesn't do pr.stuff outside the business of football, you think he's a meek little football player who can't handle big name players? He is one.I think it hurts Raul the most when RM lost. Unlike some big name, as you put it, who choose to go off advertising his new shoe design the day after his team lost to their arch rival. I don't think true Madrinista will want a captain who do this kind of thing. OK, Raul step down which I doubt it, 2nd captain to Raul is Guti and if Guti didn't get playing time the task falls on Carlos right? Correct me if I'm wrong Madrinista. We know who you want to wear that armband so badly since it's the only name you ever mentioned that you'd probably send a petition to Perez if you can. But I don't think that will ever happen. :nono: :nono: :nono:

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
I'm truely wondering, how short a human'y memory is and how low some so called merengues can go spiting on our captain.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Che said:
Raul was 2nd capt to Hierro

football not that easy and Perez is learning that buying world class talent can only take you so far since each of the individual players on their on merits are world class but as a team they fail, there is no heart or soul.

Perez has turned Real Madrid into Inter-Madrid and unless we off load some of the fat and old and replace with young and hungry players it will not matter who the capt is.

Raul is a symbol of the club and it may be hard for you to understand that he has won so much for our club and brought us soo much happiness .

I dont expect you to understand this since your loyalty lies with your favorite player but our lies with our club and Raul is the symbol of the club.

As long as Raul chooses to be at Real he will be our capt, any other debate as who is captain is frankly a waste of time
That's what i am saying.. Raul is captain becuase fans want him too. Not because of his on the pitch perfromance as Captain.. The only thiing that matters is on the pitch.. If he is not doing the business as captain on the pitch, then there is no point he is captain just becuase his popularity with fans..

·
Registered
687 Posts
bebop said:
You talk as if Raul's not famous my dear girl? The reason it seems like he's not well known in certain part of the world is because people that know who Raul Gonzales is, are people who watch football and not just football players. And they know him long before Mr. Spice Boy joined this club. Just because he's quiet, doesn't like the media, keep his private life private, doesn't wear designer clothes, doesn't do pr.stuff outside the business of football, you think he's a meek little football player who can't handle big name players? He is one.I think it hurts Raul the most when RM lost. Unlike some big name, as you put it, who choose to go off advertising his new shoe design the day after his team lost to their arch rival. I don't think true Madrinista will want a captain who do this kind of thing. OK, Raul step down which I doubt it, 2nd captain to Raul is Guti and if Guti didn't get playing time the task falls on Carlos right? Correct me if I'm wrong Madrinista. We know who you want to wear that armband so badly since it's the only name you ever mentioned that you'd probably send a petition to Perez if you can. But I don't think that will ever happen. :nono: :nono: :nono:
Pls don't take Beckham into this.. Let's just only discuss Raul's credibility as captain.. The Forum manager will then complain i am talking about Beckham in every thread.. I am trying hard not to talk Beckham in other threads about other players, but some people here is making it hard for me..

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
beckham mania said:
That's what i am saying.. Raul is captain becuase fans want him too. Not because of his on the pitch perfromance as Captain.. The only thiing that matters is on the pitch.. If he is not doing the business as captain on the pitch, then there is no point he is captain just becuase his popularity with fans..
If you ever saw RM playing a match, you would now, why Raul is still captain.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Is this thread gonna be another 'Beckham for Real captaincy' thread ? :dielaugh:

Personally, I'd say 'no'. Stripping him from Real captaincy won't do any good for him and can destroy his self-confidence. He didn't become the second-in-line after Hierro for nothing. He must learn it. I won't blame him for his low performance and lack of leadership since I think it was Perez's Galacticos policy that made it hard for him. In one side, he is a home-ground player. Other side, he is considered as part of Galaticos whose dedication to Real are questioned while his true Madridista friends got less important role in the team and some of them even getting rid one by one.

·
Registered
687 Posts
lili said:
If you ever saw RM playing a match, you would now, why Raul is still captain.
I have seen every Real game after Beckham arrived.. I still don't know why is Raul Captain..

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
beckham mania said:
I have seen every Real game after Beckham arrived.. I still don't know why is Raul Captain..
You'll probably never know. Because you only think that beckham is good.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
beckham mania said:
If you had a heart for Madrid and not only for Becks you would know for sure. ;)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.