Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
*the drum drum*
42,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unless something spectacular happens in the next few hours, Meireles will be a Fenerbahce player.

Very good signing, provided we play Topal - Meireles behind Alex, Stoch and co.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Congrats, shame you ****ed up your CL campaign.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
For the first time ever, we made a good transfer on the final day of the window. Topal has been good so far IMO, Meireles will be a huge boost to this team. If Selcuk still starts often then I have no hope left for Aykut.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
****ing TOOL!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Raul: I really do like competing for a spot in the team and I know Selcuk is one of the worlds best so I will have to try my hardest.

·
*the drum drum*
42,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or perhaps they had bigger targets in mind that they would have pursued had the club qualified for the CL.

My issue with this transfer is about what it might mean in the scheme of things. If it means a partnership with Topal, sitting behind Alex then it works perfectly - he'll play the role we look for from Cristian, just do it a lot better.

If however, it means that we drop Alex and/or Stoch and play Meireles in a three man midfield with Topal and Selcuk with Topuz, Sow and Kuyt ahead of them, then :palm:

The transfers this season really have been very good, they're just not being used in the right ways.

·
*the drum drum*
42,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is, and you could even swap Alex out for Kuyt in time and play a 4-4-2 with that same set of players.

Sorry, just being realistic and assuming we're going to lose Alex sooner rather than later :eek:

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
And Aykut better put Salih in his position if Raul gets injured or suspended. I really don't want to see another Selcuk-Topal midfield ever again.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Yes!

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
Watching videos of him closely, I can see why Aykut would want him. He loves distributing the ball to the wings, and does a damn good job of picking out the passes too. Stoch, Krasic, and even GG will have a good time with Raul

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Stoch also has that aggressive short haircut, yes. But Meireles is handsome.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts