Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, no hiding about how underachieving Raul has been this year, whether its his own form dropping, his mental concentration, his family problems...etc.

But the fact is, this isn't the Raul we have come to know for the past few years, even if he is second in scoring after Ronaldo. Even with Ronaldo last year, Raul had a sublime year, so i don't think Beckham's inclusion is the main factor he is doing bad.

I think Raul doesn't feel this is his team anymore. He was the true leader of this team, even when Figo joined, but seeing how things have developed since, it hasn't worked the way i assume he has hoped for.

We all thought between 99 and 2001, Raul was not getting the credit he deserved, as he was clearly the best forward in the world and maybe the best player too, and i believe no matter what face he put, it must have hurt him as well. But he at least had the recognition in his own club, own fans and stadium...and i am sure that energized him.

But this has gone away, and of course, its partially Raul's fault. Raul has the skill and mental toughness to stand out from even all the superstars we have right now, but its not happening. Maybe its his own attitude towards Madrid, that he will take "one for the team" more then some of the other galacticos by simply accepting his supportive roles...etc. Maybe its other issues we are not clear about (family problems?)

But in the end, Raul has really disappeared this season, more then ever before, and if Perez's policy continues, i don't expect things improving for Raul, unless he bullies himself within the team. Imagine several executives, all having different roles, but all knowing the GM/Director/CEO spot is up for grabs....each tries to grab that by simply out performing the other...and Raul needs to play for himself more in the club.

If that doesn't happen, then Raul needs to think about moving. I am saying that out of his prespective, of course i don't want Raul to leave, but its something he needs to consider if he wants to get his career back on track.

Comments?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
sigh! i do agree with you in every single word.
imo, it is now the newcomer beckham's problem as raul has had the problem not only this year, but about one year ago.
statistics such as goals and assists simply present one's performance for forwards.
but it can't be used on raul as we all know raul is no long a forward.
but many still blame on him for decreasing goals.

about personal achievement i do very clearly remember owen got what raul should have deserved.
this is a scar that will never be worn out and destroyed all efforts raul paid in his career so far.

raul is one of the victims under perez's policy. as i know hierro's being fired was just because he had to catch more for spaniard against the policy.
raul each year has to adjust himself to different partners in front.
i don't think raul should sacrifice himself on the field anymore for others. he has to ask for the change of his role from queiroz even valdano and perez.

raul lost too much in a few years. doyen hierro and his best friend morientes leaving, his family problem with his wife, scandals during asia tour, all of above hurt him deeply.
all of us don't him to leave of course and know his importancy.
but so what? if he really feels desperate here, just leave. i don't disagree.

raul is the only left makes real madrid different from chelsea.
imo, football is not just sports that twenty two men play on the field, but also a culture and civilization.
with players coming in and out, chelsea play without a true leader and soul.
in about last five years, only redondo, hierro and raul have it. i'm afraid guti and carlos now are not that.
without a true leader, esprit and atmosphere, the team is just like a circus purely for making money, fulfilling some senior's greed and ambition.

when redondo and hierro fired, madridistas did strike against the board.
but so what? could we change anything in the end?

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
Well, no hiding about how underachieving Raul has been this year, whether its his own form dropping, his mental concentration, his family problems...etc.

But the fact is, this isn't the Raul we have come to know for the past few years, even if he is second in scoring after Ronaldo. Even with Ronaldo last year, Raul had a sublime year, so i don't think Beckham's inclusion is the main factor he is doing bad.

I think Raul doesn't feel this is his team anymore. He was the true leader of this team, even when Figo joined, but seeing how things have developed since, it hasn't worked the way i assume he has hoped for.

We all thought between 99 and 2001, Raul was not getting the credit he deserved, as he was clearly the best forward in the world and maybe the best player too, and i believe no matter what face he put, it must have hurt him as well. But he at least had the recognition in his own club, own fans and stadium...and i am sure that energized him.

But this has gone away, and of course, its partially Raul's fault. Raul has the skill and mental toughness to stand out from even all the superstars we have right now, but its not happening. Maybe its his own attitude towards Madrid, that he will take "one for the team" more then some of the other galacticos by simply accepting his supportive roles...etc. Maybe its other issues we are not clear about (family problems?)

But in the end, Raul has really disappeared this season, more then ever before, and if Perez's policy continues, i don't expect things improving for Raul, unless he bullies himself within the team. Imagine several executives, all having different roles, but all knowing the GM/Director/CEO spot is up for grabs....each tries to grab that by simply out performing the other...and Raul needs to play for himself more in the club.

If that doesn't happen, then Raul needs to think about moving. I am saying that out of his prespective, of course i don't want Raul to leave, but its something he needs to consider if he wants to get his career back on track.

Comments?
I think we can see that Raul has not been the player of old but I dont think it's right to blame the signing of new players as the reason to his drop in forum. It's been noted in other threads that Raul is having problems in his marriage. When Figo, Zizou and Ronaldo arrived he had his of his best years. So history shows us that this is not a valid argument, since every player who joins Real knows that Raul is the man in Madrid. We even saw this in some of the comment from Beckham when he arrived and the controversey surrounding the wear of # 7. Becks stated Raul is KING of Madrid.

Give Raul time to get his life sorted it out and the same hold true for Roberto Carlos as he experiences the same problems

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Even in his shape right now he is good. But still potentially Raul is among the best forwards ever, I just hope he can step it up now in the champions league now that we're in the knockout stages.

He usually shows up to play in the big matches in the past, especially in the CL against the big guns he has a good record.

HALA RAUL!

·
Registered
76 Posts
raul having bad season? he plays not spectacular now but very very very effective....like today againest malaga when he got substitute the whole team went down and malaga started attack and attack......he is heart of team and you cant play without him

real madrid is still raul madrid !!!!!

ps- sell him to depor.... we will give you duscher !

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
.......................League.. Cup.. Europe.. Total (Penalties)
1. Ronaldo..........19..........3.........3..........25 (0)
2. Raúl..................9..........6.........1..........16 (0)

16 goals to date, where is our Raul?
:rolleyes: :rollani:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Give him time Che, I just found out by you guys he is having family(With is wife?) problems which pretty much tells me that he is not performing at the level that he is expected to play. I would have been the same if I had an argument with a loved one, you tend to concentrate more on your personal stuff rather than the game itself, that really is a big blow for a player. Just ask Rivaldo, those kind of things bring a player down.

I don't think the coming of more Galacticos made him worse, that's a false alarm and a false accusation. It should be the contrary, with the likes of Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, and Beckham he should be performing better than how he was doing before the coming of big players that would have only made Raul have more support. He will always be the king of Madrid, that's for sure, he is our symbol, so why complain?

Ronaldo is getting on his way of him not scoring, but come on, it doesn't matter if he is not that top scorer he used to be, what matters is what he brings to the team which certainly he has done lots, even if it's not meant on scoring meanwhile he forms part of a victorious Madrid. Raul might not be the top scorer, but damn right he is the most smartess forward I've seen up to date, he brings a lot to the team. It's not about liking Real Madrid because of a player, it's about feeling the colors and the true passion for the club itself.

Raul Madrid? Raul is our captain, our symbol not a whole club itself, take that in mind people, that's a disrespect to the club, Real Madrid is the name, past, present, and future, it will always be like that. He is top scorer of the national team, 2nd all-time top scorer of the CL, and he is not that far way from reaching Di Stefano either, that's what I call a shear quality brilliant striker. Raul is Raul no matter what. As long as he helps Madrid our beloved club it's all perfect, he has a big life still ahead of him with an amazing record.

All records will be beaten, I'm very sure of that, it's just that some people start critiquing a player when he still has a whole life ahead of him. But still, I'm baffled and mad that he never got the Balon De Oro and FIFA PLAYER. Raul still deserves more than that, respect, FIFA and France Football should be ashamed of themselves.

Peace:star:

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Real_Galactico said:
Give him time Che, I just found out by you guys he is having family(With is wife?) problems which pretty much tells me that he is not performing at the level that he is expected to play. I would have been the same if I had an argument with a loved one, you tend to concentrate more on your personal stuff rather than the game itself, that really is a big blow for a player. Just ask Rivaldo, those kind of things bring a player down.

I don't think the coming of more Galacticos made him worse, that's a false alarm and a false accusation. It should be the contrary, with the likes of Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, and Beckham he should be performing better than how he was doing before the coming of big players that would have only made Raul have more support. He will always be the king of Madrid, that's for sure, he is our symbol, so why complain?

Ronaldo is getting on his way of him not scoring, but come on, it doesn't matter if he is not that top scorer he used to be, what matters is what he brings to the team which certainly he has done lots, even if it's not meant on scoring meanwhile he forms part of a victorious Madrid. Raul might not be the top scorer, but damn right he is the most smartess forward I've seen up to date, he brings a lot to the team. It's not about liking Real Madrid because of a player, it's about feeling the colors and the true passion for the club itself.

Raul Madrid? Raul is our captain, our symbol not a whole club itself, take that in mind people, that's a disrespect to the club, Real Madrid is the name, past, present, and future, it will always be like that. He is top scorer of the national team, 2nd all-time top scorer of the CL, and he is not that far way from reaching Di Stefano either, that's what I call a shear quality brilliant striker. Raul is Raul no matter what. As long as he helps Madrid our beloved club it's all perfect, he has a big life still ahead of him with an amazing record.

All records will be beaten, I'm very sure of that, it's just that some people start critiquing a player when he still has a whole life ahead of him. But still, I'm baffled and mad that he never got the Balon De Oro and FIFA PLAYER. Raul still deserves more than that, respect, FIFA and France Football should be ashamed of themselves.

Peace:star:
:thumbsup:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
You guys are still running for Trophies. NOthing wrong on table standings as well. Now I can understand why people cannot be satisfied. You got yourself a dream team... The super Galalcticos kept coming in Year after year. Arent you happy?

No, now its a need to have 'culture' a need to have a Raul to do better than Ronaldo. To show the world that madrid bred players are also just as good.

As a team why must... why must the team be led by a leader that is R.madird-grown. why not consider the leadership qualities which are more important on the field than cultural considerations.

ronaldo score goals for you.. you got to love him, Raul, if he is not scoring... he is not scoring. Blame it on Beckeham and others.... ?

Next season.. you got a possible Totti ( according to report )...it will be 'damaging for Raul (if raul didnt perform)'

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Che said:

Che, you critisize my post in more then one response, whats up? :rolleyes:

Maybe you completely disagree, fine, but don't kid yourself that this is the real Raul we know.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Raul, all i can say is a fantastic player who every season had a bad patches of poor performance. But he always bounced back, and this season its really different cause he had been going thru it for quite some time. he isnt that influential anymore, he doesnt show the character to carry the team anymore. Which is really sad when i think about it. ITs time for Raul to step up and show to the world who is the REAL Captain of Madrid and also the symbol of MADRID!

Forza Raul!:devil:

·
Registered
251 Posts
What's wrong with RAUL ?

Raul has been struggling since the season began , he's been invisible in most macthes , his scoring rate is very bad , the games he played good this season are numbered and every time i think that this is the game where he will shine and regain his form , he just dissappoints and has very little action . With no doubt Raul is a very big player , but i donno what's happening to him this season . I surely hope and am confident he will bounce back and return to his top form before the critical matches start .

·
Registered
100 Posts
I hope so
still remember when he scored twice against milan and twice against MU last season,fergusson praised him
also when he scored the decisive against depor,the depor defenders was so upset and regreted that goal

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Che said:
.......................League.. Cup.. Europe.. Total (Penalties)
1. Ronaldo..........19..........3.........3..........25 (0)
2. Raúl..................9..........6.........1..........16 (0)

Goal wise is not bad at all, specially with Ronaldo playing as their main striker. I just don´t like to see Raul running like a headless chicken so much, he should work more near the area.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Raul is just doing what I always wanted him to do. Not play well for RM in order to be fit for the NT and the Euro 2004:cool:

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
barça said:
Raul is just doing what I always wanted him to do. Not play well for RM in order to be fit for the NT and the Euro 2004:cool:
True enough!:tongue:

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
hes playing with Ronaldo , imo ronaldo is doing so well that we cant even acknowledge that raul is playing , or maybe he just isnt in the same page with ronaldo

1 - 20 of 65 Posts