Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol, i'm not one of the advocates of Raul, but he should be wearing numero 7 in Euro 2008 based on his goal tally atleast..

Bojan, Villa, Tamudo and Torres have been chosen ahead of El Blanco.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
ditch el crappo

torres and villa r better

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
What a shame really, the funny thing is that this season he has more goals than all the Spanish La Liga strikers that have been chosen and yet he gets excluded.

Aragones can rot in hell :finger:

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
past few years ive always said that he doesnt deserve to be there, but when the season finally comes where hes showing all what hes capable of and has hte numbers to back it up he doesnt get called.

it's unfair on him and i do feel for the guy.

i guess we'll expect a retirement announcement after the squad is officially picked.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
What does Raul have to do to impress the guy?

His NT career is over, I also expect a retirement announcement soon.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I don't expect retirement, because he will have his friend Del Bosque there to make him play despite he'll be 34 for the next WC.

I don't get this fuzz, because Raúl didn't help the team to go to the Euro (in fact, things began to improve when he was removed). Raúl does not fit in this system at all and it doesn't make any sense to change everything to play with the idol of the madridismo.

Well, Marca and AS can still throw oil on the fire to kill the team, as they're doing. They can provoke the reaction of the madridismo against the NT. They're causing a lot of harm on the harmony of the team, but Luis found a good and interesting idea and the team should always be above the individuals. I'd be glad that Luis could resist all these stupid, useless and unfair attacks on him. I'm with Luis Aragonés and the tiki taka.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
I don't get this fuzz, because Raúl didn't help the team to go to the Euro
and Bojan did?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Do you really think Bojan is going to the Euro? I doubt it, except if Tamudo, Güiza, Villa or Torres get injured.

But if we're talking about individual performance, Bojan is actually having better stats, and, even more important, Bojan is the future and Raúl the past.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Do you really think Bojan is going to the Euro? I doubt it, except if Tamudo, Güiza, Villa or Torres get injured.

But if we're talking about individual performance, Bojan is actually having better stats, and, even more important, Bojan is the future and Raúl the past.
Actually Raul is the present. 16 La Liga goals and 5 CL goals. What more do you want?

He even scored more than Villa, who everyone sees as the best striker Spain has seen in the past few years :howler:. Seriously?

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
I don't expect retirement, because he will have his friend Del Bosque there to make him play despite he'll be 34 for the next WC.

I don't get this fuzz, because Raúl didn't help the team to go to the Euro (in fact, things began to improve when he was removed). Raúl does not fit in this system at all and it doesn't make any sense to change everything to play with the idol of the madridismo.

Well, Marca and AS can still throw oil on the fire to kill the team, as they're doing. They can provoke the reaction of the madridismo against the NT. They're causing a lot of harm on the harmony of the team, but Luis found a good and interesting idea and the team should always be above the individuals. I'd be glad that Luis could resist all these stupid, useless and unfair attacks on him. I'm with Luis Aragonés and the tiki taka.
:howler:

Atleast post facts and not bullshit.

Spain was close to not qualifying for Euro's and thats a FACT. Everyone was worried Spain were going to miss out on the Euro's. Nice improvement there :howler: HAHAHAHAHA

Last time I checked Spain qualified to ALL competitions when Raul was a starter, so tell me, how the FUK is qualifying for this Euro after ALMOSTTT missing out an improvement? :howler:

IM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOUR ANSWER

HAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
@Real_Madrid, David Villa>Raul.

but he is on the list isn't he?
Raul deserves to be on the list ahead of Bojan.

Actually Raul is the present
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
past few years ive always said that he doesnt deserve to be there, but when the season finally comes where hes showing all what hes capable of and has hte numbers to back it up he doesnt get called.

it's unfair on him and i do feel for the guy.

i guess we'll expect a retirement announcement after the squad is officially picked.
He won't cause Aragones will move after the Euro and Del Bosque would come in.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
:howler:

Atleast post facts and not bullshit.

Spain was close to not qualifying for Euro's and thats a FACT. Everyone was worried Spain were going to miss out on the Euro's. Nice improvement there :howler: HAHAHAHAHA

Last time I checked Spain qualified to ALL competitions when Raul was a starter, so tell me, how the FUK is qualifying for this Euro after ALMOSTTT missing out an improvement? :howler:

IM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOUR ANSWER

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Idiot...
Last time I check, Spain qualified with the Butragueño gang, why not take them in?
Spain did suck hard in the beginning and Raúl was with the team then, after he was thrown out, that's when Spain did improve.

but he is on the list isn't he?
Raul deserves to be on the list ahead of Bojan.
Bojan has more speed, better involved in the play, more moveable (Raúl takes his runs that are brilliant but he's not that dedicated in the play which is the main reason that he wouldn't get in, it's like Pauleta with Portugal)

Actually Raul is the present. 16 La Liga goals and 5 CL goals. What more do you want?

He even scored more than Villa, who everyone sees as the best striker Spain has seen in the past few years :howler:. Seriously?
WOW!
Villa who has been injured quite alot and have been in a **** off team this season.
Villa, despite being injured quite alot, has still scored as usual and is a player that's alot better than Raúl in everything at the game now, ok, not headers but since Spain doesn't play with wingers, that's nothing.

Why not take Güiza, I mean, he has scored more goals than Raúl and is at an inferior team ;)
Oh, nooo, Raúl is a madridproduct and should thereby be in the Spanish NT, of course, and he has scored most goals of all time...

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Raul deserves to be there, especially if players like Pernia, Pablo etc are being selected. The crap theory about Raul not fitting is such crap, Raul is one of the most intelligent players out there and can adapt to any system. Torres does not fit into the Spanish system and has had some shockers for the NT.

This is just a political move by Aragones to say that he does not give a crap about Madridistas because if it was a footballing one, Raul would be selected ahead of alot of players that have been invited. The biggest proof is that he's inviting Guiza who's always been an underachiever but with potential because of this current season, so why not pick Raul who finally looks back to his old self? Its bullshit thats what it is.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Forgot to say, Albelda is still in the squad depsite not having played a competitive game for months. Does this not say something to you people? I cant believe it. Aragones has lost credibility months ago, but how does he explain this one. Not to mention that he picks so many off form Valencia players like Joaquin, Silva, Marchena etc. I truly find it unbelievable that this is happening. Its just irrational and unfair by the prick of a coach we have.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Forgot to say, Albelda is still in the squad depsite not having played a competitive game for months. Does this not say something to you people? I cant believe it. Aragones has lost credibility months ago, but how does he explain this one. Not to mention that he picks so many off form Valencia players like Joaquin, Silva, Marchena etc. I truly find it unbelievable that this is happening. Its just irrational and unfair by the prick of a coach we have.
i agree. I remember him saying not too long ago that he bases his selections only on effort. And then he calls up Albelda and leaves Raul out. Thats just another slap in the face. What an idiot. :mad:

He has a personal problem with Raul, thats for sure.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
The crap theory about Raul not fitting is such crap, Raul is one of the most intelligent players out there and can adapt to any system.
Yep. And you know who else doesn`t fit into the system, Xabi Alonso, Cesc, and Torres.

No one should be surprised though, I don`t think anyone expected LA to take Raul.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Forget Raul, we won nothing with the guy for 14 years and despite the stats hes nowhere near the player of that frame.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts