Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from "Gazzetta dello Sport" (paper version) after 7 games played, and I added some personal comment. Of course, I listed only the players who have appeared more or less regularly, so no Matuzalem or Inzaghi.

Carrizo 5,79 (matches played 7): at Lazio has still to show why he is Argentina number 1 goalkeeper.

Cribari 5,83 (3): Pretty shaky against Bologna (like most of his team mates, to be honest), unlucky at Torino where Abbruscato elbowed him in the face, good against a harmless Fiorentina.

Radu 6,33 (3): Good start to the season, then played below par at home against Lecce. I would like to see him playing as central defender.

Rozehnal 5,80 (6): A wee bit disappointing in this beginning of season. Expectations were too big, maybe…

Siviglia 6,07 (7): Lazio best defender so far, he suffered the lack of a reliable mate in central defense.

Brocchi 6,07 (7): Talking about reliability… Mister regularity forms a good couple on the right with Lichsteiner.

Kolarov 5,9 (5): Defensively he has not played better than Cribari or Rozehnal, but sometimes Lazio only weapons came from his shoots.

Ledesma 6,36 (7): I really hope he says “**** off” to his agent and signs the extension. If not, after losing a certain Nesta (Veròn, Simeone, and almost the entire Coppa Italia winning team in 2004), it’s not that I would do hara kiri. Important player, anyway.

Lichtsteiner 6,14 (7): The Marathon Man has been the unsung hero of this start of season at Lazio, and GdS’ rating does not do justice about his worth.

Manfredini 6 (4): Usually Rossi fields hi9m when Lazio have to keep a score advantage, so all he has to do is passing the ball backwards, preferably to Radu /Kolarov, or a ten metre pass on his right to Ledesma. Has enough skill to do that.

Mauri 5,93 (7): Some will to play more than last season, and it shows.

Meghni 5,88 (4): Some chances to play more than last season, and it shows.

Pandev 6,64 (7): Super start to the season, then his ratings were falling down a wee bit (similarly to his team mates). Finally he’s becoming a leading player. Maybe too nervous (tired?) in some games.

Zàrate 6,64 (7): Lazio cover man in this beginning of season and still Serie A top scorer. I only hope Rossi will not costrain his pure talent with some weird tactical decision. Maurito must be left free.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Those ratings look pretty ok to me.

I agree with you that Lichtsteiner should have got a better grade. Also, I don't think Brocchi has been all that good. His the kind of player that gets good grades from the papers because he has grinta, but from a right wing I expect better game with the ball. He has been better than I expected, though, but that says more about low expectations than about good performances...

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Ledesma's rating seems a bit inflated to me, I don't think he has been better than Brocchi or Lichtsteiner. That said, Lotito should swallow his pride and at least offer the guy a new contract, what's the worst thing that could happen? Maybe a new contract will stop him from strolling around the pitch so often.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O wait, how the hell could I skip him...

Foggia 6,29 (7): Pasqualinho has showed that he could really be the extra gear of this season's Lazio, if he keeps up playing this way. Perhaps even Lippi could realize that... Nah, let's not exaggerate now.

As for Brocchi, I guess one of his main task is covering defensively the right wing when Lichtsteiner goes forwards, and I think he has done the job well enough so far. Not that we expected extraordinary things from him, but I think a sound 6 is what he has deserved thus far.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Pretty fair ratings to be honest. I agree with 99%.

P.S. Aquila, may I use this post of yours in my blog ?
Of course I will give your credit.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course you may.
Just for the record, the Lazio player with the highest average rating (regardless of the games played) is Simone Inzaghi with 7. But it would have been pretty rich to put him in the topic opener... :)

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Updating after the 16th day of Serie A.

Carrizo 5,93 (16 games played) - Improved a wee bit but he has still to adapt to the European style of goalkeeping.

Kolarov 5,78 (9) - See the topic opener.

Lichtsteiner 6,2 (15) - Idem.

Radu 6 (9) - Stefan, instead (like almost all his team mates), has worsened his performance lately. Still a big potential, anyway. Hopefully Rossi will try a Diakité-Radu pair as central defenders.

Rozehnal 5,85 (14) - Slightly and slowly improving.

Siviglia 6,08 (12) - Still one of the best Lazio defenders. Not a big feat, but anyway...

Brocchi 6 (15) - A "Gazzetta dello Sport" blue eyed pupil for his years at Milan? :)

Dabo 5,71 (8) - Ghost. Where's the player of last season's springtime?

Ledesma C. 6,23 (15) - See the topic opener.

Mauri 5,69 (13) - Finally managed to be the worst Lazio player according to GdS' ratings. Target hit.

Meghni 5,72 (10) - Worth rival to Mauri's achievement.

Pandev 6,21 (14) - Hopefully his difficult days are over. Lazio's light house.

Rocchi 6 (9) - Many words, few good performances.

Zàrate 6,69 (16) - Going through goals famine, but his performances are always up to the task.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An updating after the 26th day, this time with a de luxe edition, a picture taken straight from gazzetta.it, with ratings amd games played.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Radu has a higher average rating than Kolarov? Then again Inzaghi has a higher rating than Pandev. Zarate's one is ridicuously higher than Pandev's, the latter's ability to disappear in games notwithstanding. Brocchi's much higher than Dabo's?! And I think Rozehnal is underapreciated.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's all down to a few of those intellectual prostitutes (as Mourinho
would call them) that are so preaded into the world of Italian "journalism". Just for example, I remember Zàrate's rating after Lazio-Fiorentina. That was the first game he did not score, but he created all Lazio goals. He got a 6 from the Gazzetta dello Sport prost... ehm, journalist.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts