Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´read that someone claimed that Jardel is already is in our team for next season.
Personally I think if It´s true that it is wrong and that we should try to get Martin Palermo from Boca Juniors instead. Why? Beacause I belive that Palermo is a more complete player than Jardel. He´s big, a target player (like Vieri) and is good both with his feet and head. I agree that Jardel probably is one of the best header in the world, but it is his momentum and the play with his feet that I´m worried about. I just think I´ve seen Jardel once score with his feet and zillion times with his head. I think the portugeese league is as good as the argentinian. I saw the game where Palermo missed his three penalties
Argentina vs ??? (don´t remember) and althouh he missed those three penalties he played great- strong, hard to stop, crisp hit on the ball- he just seemed a more complete player than Jardel. I haven´t seen so many matches with Jardel so maybe I´m wrong, I´ts just a feeling I have.

I know Palermo has been injured and I don´t know if he has fully recovered but for next season I´m sure he has.

So my thinking is that we get Palermo for next season instead of Jardel, cause in my opinion he´s (when he´s in form) a better player!
What do you guys think?

Forza Lazio

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
as a porto fan I have the pleasure of watching Super Mario every week. He is not pretty, does not score a lot with his feet...but the bottom line is he SCORES. In the area there is not 1 better player in the world than this guy. He has the priceless ability to be in the right place at the right time. With Lazio's skilled playmakers like Veron and Concecaio, Jardel will flourish and can post Bierhoff like numbers (I mean the Bierhoff who scored 27 Serie A goals a few years back)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry a mistake- I DO NOT think the portugeese league is as good as the Argentinian!!!!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i agree that the argentine league is better than the portugees league, but i think in this situation, we must get jardel because he is just a finisher...he isnt a ronaldo that will make us ooooh and aaaah, but he will score goals that we need...i know palermo is like a vieri type of player and i saw him play in the copa america and i liked him, but the problem is that he got a big injury and who knows how good he is going to be when he returns...look at del piero..he isnt the same after he got injured.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
I think your wrong about the Argentine league being better than portugal. But I do not want to battle with you....so I will shut up from now

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Right on Marcoa, Jardel would be the missing piece in the Lazio puzzle.
He fits perfectly in a team with men like Conceciao and Veron.
This Palermo guy might be good, I never saw him play ( I mean a full match)

He is the solution!
I haven't promoted any player to com to Lazio so far and I was always very sceptic about any preposition ( ex. Rivaldo) but about Jardel I am certain.

I mean, I could write pages about this man, I simply idolise him!

ADRIAAN
_________

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well marcowo or wutever
argentina leauge is better by levels than portuguess leauge ..thats a big big big fact ..look to both wut the players they born

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think i agree with the jardel cause without really knowing what i talk about. it´s just that feeling that it doesn´t matter who skillful he is with his feet but the fact that he is in the right place at the right time. it´s a bit like marcoa (nice name btw) said, bierhoff isn´t that great player but he scores a lot of goals. with veron and mihaloivitch teeing him up, jardel would probably make it in serie a.

marco

it ain´t over

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think argentine league is far better than the portuguese one. That's were Batistuta, Crespo, Salas, Simeone, Almeyda, Veron came from just to name a few.
And about Jardel-Palermo, I think it would be a big mistake to miss Palermo to get Jardel. Palermo over Jardel by many miles, really. He's the Vieri type of player and for those who are wondering if he is doing good back from the injury, well I can tell you his not doing good, hes' doin great, and Boca is atop of the table in Argentina. You'll see what Im talking about when these 2 men's future gets decided soon. You'll see who flourish and who doesn't. I just hope Cragnotti doesn't make any mistakes here.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
im sure that palermo would come at a lot cheaper price than jardel
about $15million

FORZA LAZIO!
and from what ir looks jardel would have to be on the bench for rivaldo and lopez and i dunno if he would like that

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why do so many people want the whole argentine team in our squad think about international duties!!! Palermo has been injured for a while im not sure how he is now but i would prefer Jardel in our team but if i had a choise i wouldn't even pick another south american because it will all backfire on us 1 day! WHY CANT WE FIND A YOUNG ITALIAN TALENT????

VIVA LA LAZIO!!!!!! :)

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Palermo may be more talented...but Jardel pulls goals out of his ass. I am telling you guys he will score a lot for you guys...get Veron and Concecaio to give him the good balls and I guarantee Lazio gets the Scudetto next season.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

·
Registered
80 Posts
Jardel is amazing. He does not misses an opportunity to score. He is a lot better than Palermo, however, Palermo would be a very cheap player after the long layoff he has had so for the price he would be better. Also, the injury wont affect him much since he is not as Del Piero who takes on two or three defenders, he just gets the ball and shoots.

------------------

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is anyone listning to me we dont need and we shouldnt have south americans in our squad itll kill us when they have to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

viva la lazio!!!!! :)

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Yes, Matias Almeyda, but they dont seem to understand how big the problems will be when the majority of our squad is Argentinian or Brazilian.

Uhm, big big problems!!!

Havent you heard of the problems Barca now has for the match against Atletico Madrid?
9 players!!! have got to play for their country, and van Gaal is willing to boycot the match, though it must be played!
This will be similar if there will be other Argentinian players, or for what all I care, Brazilian players.

I just hope Lazio will keep an eye out for International talent, in this way, hardly no problems with international obligations, and maybe, when the kid turns out to be very good, sell him for alot of €€€!
Oh no!
Now I said sell him :)
Please, forget I mentioned this!!

Or........

Just pack all our bags, and move to Argentina, and continue playing there, then we wont have that many problems, cause only a few players will have international obligations, for instance the small amount of Italian players we have got then, and I am sure, those players can be missed, cause we still have got a majority on South American players.

Or am I talking total crap now?

[This message has been edited by Michel (edited 24-04-2000).]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes let PALERMO to play in Lazio - he will shoot our penaltys.

FORZA LAZIO !!!
FORZA MIHAJLOVIC !!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well if palermo plays in our lazio we will not find any problem when argentina plays coz he is not playing there ,
and i really wanna see this goal machine in our lazio i saw him alot , he is unstoppable u should see him shotting a ball ...just its a bullet or a rocket ..and his head cant miss and look to his body , well look to the boat he is wearing in his feet

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great guys that you agree with me, and his shot, just like you said is like a rocket, totally crisp hit on the ball.

To you who think we have to many Argentinian players, we´ll I agree with you you shouldn´t have too many players from the same country. my solution is to sell Simeone, then we will have the same amount of argentinians as we have now. I know Simeone is in great form right now and score
goals but will he ever get a first team place? no, not when the line up is Nedved-Almeyda-Veron-Conceciao. Also we´ll get Fiore for next season and maybe someone more so sell Simeone- he just isn´t good enough!

Forza Lazio

1 - 20 of 25 Posts