Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
11,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone always rates Buffon, Dida, Casillas and Cech as the best GK's but how about Coupet (Lyon), Roma (Monaco), De Sanctis (Udinese), Frey (Parma), Jose Manuel Reina (Villarreal) and Hildebrand (Stuttgart). How good are these GK's? how do they play? would they do well at one of the big clubs in europe?

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
All but one has been linked with United in the past :D i remember coupets save with his head Vs Barcelona, Hildebrande will be Germanys number 1 in the world cup imo, Reina is still young, ex-barca. I think they would all do well at big european clubs

·
Banned
4,388 Posts
I don't rate any of them, it is sad to see how the art of goalkeeping has gone lost during the nineties: buffon, casillas and dida are good linekeepers but are known for their errors when coming out: this is a general problem:goalkeepers rarely intercept crosses these days, or if they do they punch the ball, the only man worthy of the läbel "goalkeeper" these days is Oliver Kahn, because he has presence within the 16 meters area and is a good shotstopper as well...

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
MutOofd said:
I don't rate any of them, it is sad to see how the art of goalkeeping has gone lost during the nineties: buffon, casillas and dida are good linekeepers but are known for their errors when coming out: this is a general problem:goalkeepers rarely intercept crosses these days, or if they do they punch the ball, the only man worthy of the läbel "goalkeeper" these days is Oliver Kahn, because he has presence within the 16 meters area and is a good shotstopper as well...
Cech comes out for the ball 99% of the time, why he is the worlds current best

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
I was impressed with the young cameroonian goalkeeper who plays for Espanyol, had a great game vs Barca.

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Yeah, Kameni, United are suppose to be signing him in the summer, around 10 million.

·
Banned
4,388 Posts
Dusan_UK said:
I was impressed with the young cameroonian goalkeeper who plays for Espanyol, had a great game vs Barca.
Idrissi Kameni, yes he has probably the best reflexes in the world right now, he mad a magnificent save, still he,s IMO still to shy and needs to boss his defense more but he's still young...

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Red_Bandit said:
Everyone always rates Buffon, Dida, Casillas and Cech as the best GK's but how about Coupet (Lyon), Roma (Monaco), De Sanctis (Udinese), Frey (Parma), Jose Manuel Reina (Villarreal) and Hildebrand (Stuttgart). How good are these GK's? how do they play? would they do well at one of the big clubs in europe?
Coupet (Lyon) 7/10

Roma (Monaco) 5/10

De Sanctis (Udinese) 8/10

Frey (Parma) 9/10

Jose Manuel Reina (Villarreal) 8/10

Hildebrand (Stuttgart) 8/10

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
from the list I only rate Hilderbrand and Reina. another great young GK is Isaksson from Sweden and plays for Rennes.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
KyleLeonard said:
Yeah, Kameni, United are suppose to be signing him in the summer, around 10 million.
Honestly, it would be a big mistake. His reflexes are amazing, but he does many stupid mistakes. IMO, he's not ready to move to a big club. Here people are asking about Reina. IMO, Villarreal's goalie is more complete and safe than Kameni, without a doubt. Reina reminds me the best Zubizarreta, similar style and he stops many PKs.

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Honestly, it would be a big mistake. His reflexes are amazing, but he does many stupid mistakes. IMO, he's not ready to move to a big club. Here people are asking about Reina. IMO, Villarreal's goalie is more complete and safe than Kameni, without a doubt. Reina reminds me the best Zubizarreta, similar style and he stops many PKs.
we just need someone brought in so Howard and Carroll will just leave:D

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
MutOofd said:
You don't rate the gk's above becuase they are known for errors, yet you rate Kahn that is known for huge blunders. :googly: Ask Kahn about Real Madrid and Brazil.

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
barça said:
You don't rate the gk's above becuase they are known for errors, yet you rate Kahn that is known for huge blunders. :googly: Ask Kahn about Real Madrid and Brazil.
lol :D

1 - 20 of 62 Posts