Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were 4 Barça coach after Cruijff left, this is my rating :

1. Bobby Robson
Because he brings Ronaldo, play very offensive with De la Pena orchestrating midfield, scoring more than 100 goals in a season.
League runners-up, Cup Winners Cup, and Copa del Rey winner

2. Louis Van Gaal
2 league titles, alongside 1 Copa del Rey and 1 Super Europe cup.
Bring so many Hollandas to the club, arrogant, and not popular among the fans and press.

3. Charly Rexach
Save our 2000/01 season with securing 4th place. Semifinalist of Champions league. A very mediocre coach, with sometimes bizzare tactics (like benching Kluivert against PAO)

4. Llorenç Serra Ferrer
Well, what can I say, he couldn't bring Barça to qualify the champions league 1st round. Placing Petit as a defender. He came into the position in the wrong time.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
1. Bobby Robson, no doubt.
Not easy to take the empty spot, after Cruyff had to leave the club in such a way. Still managed to gain some popularity among the fans.
Hristo back, Ivan, Ronaldo, Luis Enrique, Giovanni,... I just loved Robson´s FC Barcelona. :)

The rest isn´t worth rating, they either were Gaspart´s puppets or arrogant Dutchmen, incompetent of coaching Barça.

M

·
0 Posts
Van Gaal has clearly brought the most success to the club but Bobby Robson side was brilliant, with the mentioned De La Pena a superb young catalonian and Ronaldo at his peak...so Bobby Robson for sure, i have fond memories of that squad. :)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
haha, booby for sure...

but u guys forgot figo.... (cant believe it...)

VG wouldnt have been successful had it not been for the squad bobby built.... figo was so important to the success of VG.... i dont credit the supercup to the likes of FDB, Zenden and Rezieger....

VG is a disgrace, his season here will end in tears i'm sure of it...

cheers

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Can somebody explain me what total football means which was played by Cryuff. what they did tactically in that?

·
Registered
879 Posts
i'll try to explain, but i think others could probably do it better.

i think it represents the ideal of a 'consciousness' of a football team. every player can play almost every position, but, perhaps more importantly, every player knows and has empathy for what another player is going through.

i think what results is the ultimate in 'teamwork'.

i think scheme is limited because you need highly skilled player, but more importantly you need to be friends on the team. i think that is one of the reasons van gaal's barc,a was a failure in many people's eyes. the team wasn't friends. in low-pressure situations this was not a big problem, but it became obvious in difficult high pressure situations.

its an elegant concept. anybody else care to correct me, and perhaps add some more tactical information?

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
maxout explained it perfectly. The best example of totaalvoetbal probably was the Dutch NT during WC74. And dammit! It was NOT a penalty!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Krijn said:
maxout explained it perfectly. The best example of totaalvoetbal probably was the Dutch NT during WC74. And dammit! It was NOT a penalty!
:D The one that got away away eh, Krijn?

Going back to original subject, Robson, was my favourite. His team tried to play nice football, it wasnt always so, but at least they tried. The team spirit appeared much better in those days too.

The worst, erm, Serra Ferrer I think. This guy seemed clueless. Chop and change. It was a close call between him and VG, but at least VG won a thing or two.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
cool post totow...
and i think that vangaal and robson was the best...we need any of the both,....

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I agree with you guys about Robson. But Ivan isn`t catalonian, I guess. Or do we love him so much, that he is? ;)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
No, he`s from Santander. But still the most popular player ever in Barça says he has most "Peña`s" named after him. 11!:eek:

Ivàn is god!:proud:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts