Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Future best CB in the world.

Strength, pace, reads the game brilliantly. Had the choice between Real Madrid, Manchester United, and Bayern Munich last summer. Chose Madrid due to Zidane's influence.

He has it all and is scary good at 19 years old. Sky's the limit.

Thoughts?

[tub]gaGbydDe4VM[/tub]

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
Not sure if he is the best but he definitly is amongst the most talented CB's under 20. Funny that in yesterdays the two finest young CB's faced each other: Varane and Nastasic. Have to say Im more impressed by Nastasic because he had adjusted to higher levels off football without any problems.
Last year he joined Fiorentina, without having played one game on senior level for Partizan and only yesterday he played a great game Against Madrid.

As for Varane it is nice to see Mourinho putting his trust in him and Im pretty sure if he keeps up and doesnt get injured he will be a topclass CB in a few years. Do you think he has definitly surpased Ramos as first pick CB next to Pepe?

Another young CB who needs to get some praise is Tomas Kalas(Chelsea on loan at Vitesse). He has begun with his second season at Vitesse and is allready one of the best, if not best CB's in the Dutch league. He can even play as a RB.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^

Wait a second, the Serbian thinks Nastasic is better than Varane? Shocker! :D

I like the justification, "has adjusted to higher levels of football without any problems."

Raphael Varane joined Real Madrid as an 18 year old from RC Lens and immediately performed. That is a bit different than playing for... Fiorentina.

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
^^

Wait a second, the Serbian thinks Nastasic is better than Varane? Shocker! :D

I like the justification, "has adjusted to higher levels of football without any problems."

Raphael Varane joined Real Madrid as an 18 year old from RC Lens and immediately performed. That is a bit different than playing for... Fiorentina.
Yeah offcourse Im baised:D
Its pretty useless to compare the two, and picking one of the will always be a chase of bias. Both are two gems and pretty great CB's at an age of 19 allready.

But have to say its pretty impressive to go from Partizans youth squad, to starter Fiorentina, to starting in the CL against Real for City in one year. Meanwhile Varane allready played in France and has been over a year at Madrid. Nastasic on the other hand hasnt even played for City, starts in the CL against one of the best teams in the world and does a pretty good job. So how can you say that he hasnt made his steps faster than Varane?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because he hasn't.

Partizan --> Fiorentina --> Man City

is easier than

RC Lens --> Real Madrid

Not even up for discussion.

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
Dude you do know he hasnt played for Partizan, didnt feature once for the first team, so you cant count it out.

He came to Fiorentina in season 2011-12 without playing one game on highest level he esthablished himself as starter.

Comes to City in the beginning of season 2012-13 and start immediatly for City.

Meanwhile Varane has played for Lens in
2010/11
Went to Madrid and came on some times, some times he started
2011/2
And started against City in
2012/13

So Varane has played on the highest level for 2 years while Nastasic has got only one year. Dont say he hasnt when you dont know your facts.

Easier going from Lens to Madrid in a year than from Partizan youth teams to City in one year is, are you kidding me? Also Varane was a sub for a whole season at Madrid, while Nastasic started against the toughest opponent immediatly.

Looking from you perspective its

Fiorentina to City
Lens to Madrid

but in contrast to Varane, Nastasic starts immediatly while Varane was a sub for a whole season. At least I know Im biased but you my sure dont have any selfreflection:D

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You Serbian ***** really know how to hijack threads, don't you? :)

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
You Serbian ***** really know how to hijack threads, don't you? :)
:howler:
Dude you attack me and than when I present the facts to you, you start cussing? This forum is called future stars. When you open a thread about Varane, who is indeed one of the biggest gems as CB its not strange that someone mentions other young talented CB's like Nastasic and Kalas and compares them to Varane. What are you expecting of this thread, that people only come to praise him and dont have any discussion?

You were the dude that was pissed of for me liking Nastasic more than Varane( I even admitted it was because of Bias, but also because I believe he has adjusted to toplevel football much faster as Varane, which I showed by stating facts) so dont call me the thread hijacker, I would have left it at yeah Im biased therefore I like Nastasic more.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Settle down, mate.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, of course not. Pepe-Ramos are first choice. I'm not sure what Mourinho and Mancini were up to yesterday with all the changes, though. I'm sure Nastasic isn't first choice either at City, but it's good to see both players getting an opportunity in a big Champions League game. It shows the managers trust both immensely.

·
Administrator
52,112 Posts
Varane is class, only seen him for two full games, but very composed player for his age, and deceptively fast, both in body (doesnt look it with how he moves, but rather rapid) and mind.

Nastasic is really good, and I seen him more ofcourse (alot for Viola), very talented but can be bit sketchy, unsuprisingly for his age. And had weaker performance then Varane, mainly when they changed formation to 3-5-2 later on, slightly more confused then. One of the signs of it was the Benzema goal, didnt push up and pressure/caught him off as he should (and could have, since 3-5-2 gives Ds more security to be more aggressive higher up).

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Varane is better than Nastasic. That's not up for debate, lol. Nastasic is just ok/decent, nothing special.

Also, Ivanovic sucks, Kolarov sucks, Dzeko sucks, Pjanic sucks, Zlatan isn't Bosnian, and Suker is gay. Discuss.

·
Banned
259 Posts
Varane is better than Nastasic. That's not up for debate, lol. Nastasic is just ok/decent, nothing special.

Also, Ivanovic sucks, Kolarov sucks, Dzeko sucks, Pjanic sucks, Zlatan isn't Bosnian, and Suker is gay. Discuss.
You're a poor troll. Discussion over.

/

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
That wasn't trolling. Something that obvious rarely is. It's very rare that I troll. That was merely making a point.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts