Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup y'all
well since there is absolutely NOTHING to talk about now as everything is on a break/pause i decided to open up a nice thread about RAP. I was just wondering how many here actually listen to it..i know drulo does. if so what do u listen to? any fav songs...etc.

here are mine

Domaci:

V.I.P- I luv their songs, beats, lyrics (always emotional and real). You all have to download:
"Kako ti se sada svidja Beograd"
"Kad me ne Bude"
"Tek Sam sad izvalio"

Robin Hood-classic underground Serbian Rap. always nutz beats.

Beogradski Sindikat- all i have to say is GOVEDINA!! haha (song)

International:

Eminem- my favorite person...my idol...he's the person i look up to lol. not because of the way he acts (which is cool btw;) ) but because he always tells the truth. plus his beats are DIRRRRTY.

Obie Trice- Has some crazy songs on his cd.

50 Cent, G-UNIT- mainly cuz eminem makes all their songs.

and of course TUPAC!

alrite...anyone agree with me? hate me even more now:tongue: ?

just post something....say what music you like if u dont like rap...

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
(50 Cent's Wankster tune) Kazes da si gangster, nikog nisi rokn'o, kazes da si gangster, ti debela stoko...:rolleyes: :D

Eto to ti je "iz prve ruke" sa BG ulica.

All I gotta say is that you crazy, foo :tongue:

Rap is [email protected]

As for which music I like, well if you don't know it shouldn't be too hard to guess. ;)

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
I listen to some 2pac, used to listen to more stuff, but I basically just stick to Pac when it comes to rap.
Not a fan of much of the others out there now, seems like they are all pretending to be something/someone they are not.
Plus some of the lyrics and beats are not 'rap' it's turning into pop or something. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
I'm so old I remember when rap started in the 80's when I thought initially it was a passing fad. I would have had a 'rap fight' with someone had I been coordinated enough However you have to respect it it is a genre of music all on its own. I have 2 Pacs greatist hits and Eminem is OK too, his movie however sucked badly. My opinion only.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
So... tonight's the night... Eurosongcontest Istanbul :tongue: :cool: Zeljko Joksimovic's Lane Moje isn't that bad at all ;) He will be the 5th singer of the evening, that's well arranged 'cause it means that I can turn it off pretty quickly :D

I think he'll end up somewhere between place 5 and 10, hopefully higher. Another personal favourite is Ruslana from Ukraine (trubaci :happy: ;) )

so.. vote people!

:D :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Rap?

You've got to be fuc*in' joking.. :D

You should try out a bit of Guns n' Roses, Rollingstones, Red Hot Chili Peppers. But anyway, I'm sort of passed the phase of fighting passionately for the music I love.. ;)

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
rsf in case you hadn't noticed, I dug this thread up for the Eurosong contest and you start about lame rap again :rolleyes: :tongue:

To one of the mods, please rename the topic title from rap / hiphop to music (or sth) :D

:star:

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Hey, I thought it was a new thread, it's not as if I check on the date the thread was posted. :)
Besides, it's quite a lame reason to dig up a thread named "Rap/Hip Hop", why not just open a new thread under the name "My Bambi"? ;) :pp

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
I hardly ever start a new thread :pp this was the only music thread around and they can change the title, whats lame ?! :mad: ;)

Greece? :dazed: I think its too much like... Deen .. if you get what I'm saying :D

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Ah, ok, then I'll go start something about basketball in the WC2006 thread and ask the moderators to rename it. I mean, they are both threads related to sports, aren't they? :D :tongue:

Anyway, back to the topic. Yes, Greece is definitely way too Deen like, if you get my drift. :D And Deen is simply too Deen..
"Lane moje" is way too Turkish-like, but still a not bad song. I liked Ukraine for some strange reason :D, while Tose Proeski was a bit of a disappointment, I honestly think he had better songs (not that I'm a fan of his ;))..

I am going to watch it for the fun of it, even though I think this contest is a joke, Here are a few comments from a British commentator from the recent years:

Terry Wogan (BBC commentator) on Eurovision:

"Be of good cheer we're nearly half way through - it's about this time I reach for the bottle" 2001
"Every year you think, it can't get any worse...."

Wogan on the hosts

(2003, on a very long intro) - "This is sparklin' stuff. What about starting the contest? Any chance?"
(2001) - "Here they come, or as we know them, The Little Mermaid & Dr Death. "
"Ah- the Bride of Frankenstein - and is that a bolt through his neck? - I never thought I'd be glad to get back to the songs!"
"Thank God we've all had a few drinks - if anyone can kill a crowd these two can!"
(2000 on the long intro)- "I feel we are approaching the song contest itself but it's difficult to tell!"

Wogan on the entries

Swiss Entry (1997) "Look out for the fella playing the trumpet - I think I saw him playing out in the street before we came in!"

Russian Entry (2002)"When you pick a boy band usually, you pick them for their good looks. But the Russians appear to have gone to the other extreme"

Romanian Entry (1998)"This girl will need the neck muscles of Arnold Schwarzenegger to keep this necklace up! I don't know why her head isn't down by her knees!"

Norwegian Entry (2000)"I can't speak for tonight's performance but it was apparent in the rehearsals that the Norwegian hairdresser had suffered a nervous break down!"
Norwegian Entry (1997) "It's during that kind of song that you begin to notice the set a bit more"

Maltese Entry (2001)"If I were him, I'd give the choreographer a slap!"
Maltese Entry (1996)"She's got a great pair of...lungs!"

Icelandic Entry (1999) "See if you can watch this without being distracted by those two idiots in the
raincoats!"

German Entry (2000)"This is the Germans ridiculing the ridiculous!"

on French voting (2003)
Wogan: "...pour l'Belgique?"
French presenter: "Douze point pour l'Belgique"
Wogan: "Quelle surprise!"

Croatian Entry (1997)"The Croatian Spice Girls! - the girls are wearing a little something run up by their mothers!"
Croatian Entry (1994)"I forgot to warn you about his jacket!"

Belgian Entry (2003)"They've got four languages in Belgium and they're signing in an imaginary one. The essence of the Euro"

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Why do you think Lane is too Turkish RSF? I dont hear any Turkish instruments (it's not a saz guitar) nor does he sing it like a man during castration.

Ah, ok, then I'll go start something about basketball in the WC2006 thread and ask the moderators to rename it. I mean, they are both threads related to sports, aren't they?
:rolleyes:

:tongue:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Maybe I'm stupid, but even after trying to figure out the "Deen" thing I don't understand, please explain. I like the artist, he's got great arms and I hope he wears that tight glittery Greece-flag t-shirt tonight together with the tight jeans, but I don't think he'll win unfortunately. It's cool in the beggining when the girls try to touch him and he throws their hands away, so slick, but he is not better than S.A.G.A.P.O.

I liked Ukraine for some strange reason
me too, still haven't figured out why either, but my pulse and blood pressure certainly rises when I watch that song, and I think it will win

The swedish commentator will probably also say quite a few sarcastic things tonight, that's half the fun.
Looking very much forward to the show, can't believe it's tonight, now I'm going to the store to get the 5 litres of popcorn and half a kilo of CANDY!

:star: :star: :star:

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Yah, monte, great job :rolleyes: :pp

Instead of pushing one button, go back 6 pages, resurrect a thread that is about something else, and then ask the mods to change it. I can see you have a good grasp of logic and reason - not :pp

You know, monte, starting a new thread is nothing special. Now I know that you're scared and all, and that it would be a new step for you, but go on, try it. :pp

Here at XT we encourage people to start threads. It makes for variety :pp

Now don't do this again! :stuckup:

:D

Anyways,

rsf, lane moje doesn't sound turkish at all :confused:
It sounds pretty traditional and serbian to me.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Yeah rsf, you been smoking that pot again? :D :tongue:

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
ffs monte, you could have just created a new post. I dont want to hear about milenkos shit.ty taste in music again.

;)

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Komik said:
Maybe I'm stupid, but even after trying to figure out the "Deen" thing I don't understand, please explain.
Well.. Deen is pretty GAY and we feel the same thing about the Greek guy but judging your comments:

Komik said:
I like the artist, he's got great arms and I hope he wears that tight glittery Greece-flag t-shirt tonight together with the tight jeans, but I don't think he'll win unfortunately.

....you seem pretty comfortable with that style :D :eek: ;) :tongue:

I too think Ukraine (or Greece for political reasons) will win, Lane is better but Ukraine is up tempo, I like it too because of that and the fact that it still has a traditional eastern sound in it (trubaci :D) The woman can't sing that well though... So fingers crossed for Zeljko.

Yo b!tches stop whining.. the only reason why I dug up this thread was because RSF hadn't yet seen it! Wasn't that obvious? :tongue: Now stop complaining :groan: ok sorry!

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Our commentator is always dead serious about this thing, I've only heard him joke once and that was after Serbia's performance during the qualifiers when he said "Well guys, would Milosevic be watching this too?" ... ok Dutch humour.

anyway, right after he said: Fortunately we'll get to see Bosnia now ... :eek: :confused: :mad:

Oh well ;)

Enjoy the tight dressed men everyone :cool: :tongue:

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Komik said:
Maybe I'm stupid, but even after trying to figure out the "Deen" thing I don't understand, please explain. I like the artist, he's got great arms and I hope he wears that tight glittery Greece-flag t-shirt tonight together with the tight jeans, but I don't think he'll win unfortunately. It's cool in the beggining when the girls try to touch him and he throws their hands away, so slick, but he is not better than S.A.G.A.P.O.

me too, still haven't figured out why either, but my pulse and blood pressure certainly rises when I watch that song, and I think it will win

Geez, I don't know how to take this, this thread is hilarious...:D :D

Oh come on guys, haven't you ever listened to any turkish music before? 90% of our music is of that origin anyway. And you must have heard that the song he is singing is actually a copy from an Azerbeijan performer..

p.s. Monte and logic :mad: <--->:mad: :rollani:

:pp :D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts