Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Antonio Lopez will be caretaker for now. The main candidates seem to be Koeman, Deschamps and the Getafe manager (don't know his name).

I think Deschamps would be a good choice. He is a young coach and has done well with Monaco over the last few years. He also nearly got the Juventus job so he must be a good coach!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Antonio López, until now director of Valencia's youth system, will be the new coach.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Valencia sack Ranieri

The Uefa Cup elimination at the hands of Steaue Bucharest cost the Italian coach his job. Claudio Ranieri is no longer Valencia's coach as the former Chelsea manager has been sacked following an extraordinary meeting of the Administration Council.

This was Ranieri's second adventure with the Spanish club, five years after his first experience. In the past days it was rumoured that the Italian coach was just a defeat away from receiving the sack and this has turned out to be true as Valencia were defeated and eliminated from the Uefa Cup by Walter Zenga's Steau Bucharest on Thursday night.

goal.com

·
Registered
376 Posts
Valencia axe Ranieri

Valencia have sacked manager Claudio Ranieri following their Uefa Cup defeat to Steaua Bucharest on Thursday night.
The Primera outfit called an emergency board meeting on Friday to discuss the Italian's future, and decided to end his second stint in charge of the club after just eight months.
Ranieri moved back to the Mestalla last summer, replacing Rafa Benitez, having himself been shown the door by Chelsea.
He invested heavily in new players, including four Italians, as he attempted to put his own mark on a squad which completed a Spanish league and Uefa Cup double last term.
However, under his charge the club have failed to hit the heights of last term, and have won just 15 of their 36 games in all competitions this campaign.
They have suffered a disastrous run of form that has seen them slip out of the Spanish title race altogether in recent weeks.
Indeed, having not won domestically for six games, they are now involved in a hard fight to secure UEFA Champions League qualification having fallen to sixth spot.
The defeat against Steaua was the final nail in Ranieri's coffin with the Spaniards throwing away a two-goal lead from the first leg to crash out on penalties.
"We want to reveal that we have decided to relieve Claudio Ranieri from his duties as manager and coach of Valencia football club," club president Juan Bautista Soler stated.
"We understand, as does Claudio himself, that the recent results and dynamic that the team has entered in the last few weeks was not the most appropriate, and has pushed us away from the objectives we set ourselves.
"At the same time, Valencia want to thank Claudio Ranieri and his staff for the work, dedication and effort they have put in during their time at the club to whom they have always shown great affection."
The decision to sack the affable Italian will not come cheap for The Che as they handed him a lucrative two-year contract last summer, but they clearly felt they were left with no other option following the team's slump.
Soler has revealed that Antonio Lopez - number two to Benitez during his time at the club, but youth team boss under Ranieri - will take temporary charge of first-team affairs.
Reports have suggested that Valencia will look to install Ronald Koeman as their new coach with the Dutchman having departed the Amsterdam Arena on Thursday, but Monaco's Didier Deschamps and Getafe's Quique Flores have aklso been mooted as candidates for the role

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Anyone can do great with Valencia.. Even me :D

Finally one great squad will be back to life..

I prefer Deschamps honestly but Koeman is also good.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Rather late but better than never.
Let's see how we are this Sunday.

Deschamps.....he's been wonderful :thumbsup:

·
1st Tier Poster
50,459 Posts
It was a time to let him go. He had a good and disciplined squad at his disposal, but he failed to keep them on the level set by Benitez. It seems to me that Rainieri is not a suitable coach for the big teams, he doesn't have the winning mentality.

·
Registered
765 Posts
About time!

Finally, this guy is gone!
I'm estatic.
I'm not too sure about this caretaker coach we have, but if we can make a run for either Deschamps, Koeman or even Cuper after the season, let's do it.
I feel bad for Ranieri, because he brought success to the club a few years back. But his time was long gone.
The only thing we have left to fight for is a place in Europe.
Let's pray we can make it.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
About freakin' time.

I'm not going to get excited just yet, I'll first wait to see who takes over, though I don't think anyone can do a worse job than Ranieri..

·
Registered
778 Posts
One thing for sure, the club shouldn't make a hasty decision in hiring a new coach, like it did with Ranieri.
One guy who should have been fired way before Ranieri is Llorente, the guy responsible for indirectly "firing" Benitez and quickly hiring Ranieri to cover up the mess he made :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As I said in another post, my preferences for the new coach are:
1. Bianchi
2. Deschamps
3. Quique Flores

I'm not convinced with Koeman.

Setzer, maybe we should do a survey?

Ziad

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm glad Ranieri's gone. He was a disaster for Valencia.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ziad said:
One thing for sure, the club shouldn't make a hasty decision in hiring a new coach, like it did with Ranieri.
One guy who should have been fired way before Ranieri is Llorente, the guy responsible for indirectly "firing" Benitez and quickly hiring Ranieri to cover up the mess he made :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As I said in another post, my preferences for the new coach are:
1. Bianchi
2. Deschamps
3. Quique Flores

I'm not convinced with Koeman.

Setzer, maybe we should do a survey?

Ziad
I'm really happy to see the stupid tinkerman go.
I guess he really sux to the core...hopeless guy.
I agreed totally to wht Ziad said.
We can take our own sweet time to pick a good coach.
I do not have much faith in Koeman as well but did someone mentioned Cuper? :shades:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I feel sad for Ranieri. He's not a good coach but he deserves better than the circumstances he's put in.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts