Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Ranieri: Abramovich 'knows nothing'

Claudio Ranieri has launched a strong attack on Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, saying the Russian tycoon knows nothing about football and wanted to sack him from the moment he took control. In an interview in Spanish sports daily Marca on Tuesday the 52-year-old Italian said Abramovich had wanted to appoint England manager Sven Goran Eriksson.

'Ever since he arrived at the club Abramovich wanted Eriksson,' Ranieri told Marca ahead of Chelsea's Champions League semi-final first leg with Monaco. 'From the very start. They even met in the summer.

'But Eriksson said he couldn't leave the England team and so the next day Abramovich met me and told me: 'OK, you've done a good job these last few years and you are going to carry on.''

Ranieri said even victory in the Champions League final would not persuade the club to keep him on.

'Look I already have the Abramovich sword embedded in me. I'm convinced that even if I win the Champions League I will be sacked.' Marca say the interview was carried out on April 8.

Ranieri said Abramovich, who took over in July, had little understanding of the work he had done the previous season when he steered Chelsea to fourth place in the premier league.

'Abramovich knows nothing about football,' said Ranieri.

'That's the real shame. If he had understood what my side had achieved that season he would have valued me more highly. We did it all without any money.'

Abramovich spent some ?10m on new players this season but the Italian said Abramovich had no appreciation of how difficult it would be to make the team gel.

'It was a very tough job to sign so many players and get them to play together. Abramovich didn't realise that. He thought I'll sign that one and that one and then we will win.'

:cool:

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Abramovich didn't realise that. He thought I'll sign that one and that one and then we will win.'
:D :D .

i fuking love Ranieri!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
dun think Ranieri is so dumb to create something (where he had opportunities) during such a time like the cL semis...

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
i dont thin its true...especially with the semis against monaco coming up
but if it is...its because maybe the kenyon talks have failed and ranieri knows that there is no chance that they will extend his contract

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Handoyo said:
Honestly, I can't believe this. I don't think Ranieri is dumb enough to launch such personal attack to Roman. I assume he was misquoted or his statement is blown out of proportion by the media.
Well, if he knows that he will not stay after this season then...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Chelsea boss Ranieri denies blasting Abramovich
tribalfootball.com - April 21, 2004

Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri insists he was misquoted in a Spanish press interview criticising club owner Roman Abramovich.
"I don't understand Abramovich's complaints. What does he want? My blood? Abramovich knows nothing about football. That's the real shame," Ranieri was quoted as saying.

"If he had understood what my side had achieved last season he would have valued me more highly. We did it all without any money.

"Look, I already have the Abramovich sword embedded in me.

"I'm convinced even if I win the Champions League I will be sacked. I'm certain about that and ready for it."

He also said, "Ever since he arrived at the club Abramovich wanted Sven Goran Eriksson. They even met in the summer.

"But Eriksson said he couldn't leave England and so the next day Abramovich met me and told me: 'OK, you've done a good job these last few years and you are going to carry on'."

But Ranieri's agent denied the Italian had made the comments, insisting: "This is a complete misinterpretation of an interview done three weeks ago and should not be taken seriously."

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Absolute Crap from Tribalmerda,As if Ranieri would say that even if he was thinking that.He'd be pretty stupid to do that,If anything I'm sure he'd wait to see what unfolds.He's never been one to do that.I agree anyhow you don't just spend a heap of money and expect guaranteed success that's what Abramovich wanted and expected.
No coach could guarantee this.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
well abro hardly knows anything, just look at your buys and the price you paid for them :rolleyes: shocker, let ranieri in control of abros money

1 - 14 of 14 Posts