Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it might be worthwhile starting this thread for when international fixtures take place, since we've got a few players away representing their countries.

I've commented on Buffel on another thread, but seemingly he had a great game for Belgium against the Bosnian NT. Supposed to have scored a great goal as well. I did notice a few comments saying he was a bit hot-headed in the 1st half and could have got sent off. Doesn't sound like the Buffel we've seen.

Dado was also on target for Croatia in their comfortable win over Iceland. According to soccernet's report, Prso was the best player on the field. The bad news for us is that he played for the full 90 minutes.

Surprisingly, for me at least, Kyrgiakos wasn't involved for Greece against Georgia. I guess we shouldn't complain because he's a vital player for us just now. From the thread in the Greek forum it appears they went with a sort of 3 at the back. The defenders that did play got good reports, so I guess Soto will just have to bide his time.

On the other side, Khizanishvili and Arveladze both started the game. We should be grateful they're getting a bit of match practice because we may need them before the end of the season depending on injuries/suspensions. Shota was subbed after 62 minutes.

Ferguson is the only other player I can think of that was playing at the weekend. I didn't see the game, but from the radio it didn't sound like he had a particularly good game. Still, radio commentary can't be trusted.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Just saw Prso's goal. Great solo effort :thumbsup:

Edit: Brilliant first-time strike from Buffel as well :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well there's a clip of Prso's goal on the Croatian NT thread. Not great quality, but you can make it out.

I got Buffel's goal from Soccerpulse, post 1, near the bottom. It's part of a 9 meg highlights thing from the match.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Prso's goal is on the video clip forum too- cracker. Buffel's isn't though as far as I can see.

BTW According to the official Rangers site Namouchi was at Tunisia's 7-0 win over Malawi. On the official FIFA site though it's got him in the starting line-up and not substituted. Not sure who is correct there.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Marco Negri said:
Balde was sent off for Guinea!
F***! :eek: When did he sign for Rangers? :eekani:

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I can gather, the radio gave me the wrong impression of Fergie as well. Seems he was our best player. All I heard on the radio was "Ferguson is dispossessed", "a wasted free-kick from Ferguson", "Ferguson gives the ball away." Guess I should know better than to take the word of an English commentator.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Your impressions from the radio, in my view, were correct. I don't think Ferguson has that good a game. He certainly didn't boss the midfield and Quashie was more prominent there.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
BTW According to the official Rangers site Namouchi was at Tunisia's 7-0 win over Malawi. On the official FIFA site though it's got him in the starting line-up and not substituted. Not sure who is correct there.
Although they haven't admitted to the change the Official site now says that Hamed Namouchi did play the full 90 minutes for Tunisia. I haven't read any reports on how he performed but at least he played 90 minutes on his debut.

Some players will be in action on Wednesday too. I see Mladenovic is in the Serbia and Montenegro squad. I might try to check out a live feed of that game if he is playing.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Just the 6 players in squads that are playing tonight. Let's hope like the weekend we come out injury free. They are involved in some sood matches.

Thomas Buffel, San Marino v Belgium (20:30)
Shota Arveladze, Georgia v Turkey (20:30)
Zurab Khizanishvilli, Georgia v Turkey (20:30)
Dado Prso, Croatia v Malta (18:00)
Dragan Mladenovic, Serbia and Montenegro v Spain (21:00)
Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Greece v Albania (21:30)

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Buffel was taken off injured at the end of the first half but I haven't read how bad an injury it was. Hopefully it was just precautionary to remove him.

Big Dado was back with two goals- he's really hit a purple patch. Soti was playing for the European Champions. I don't think Khizanishvilli, Arveladze and Mladenovic played last night.

·
Registered
69,534 Posts
he is kind of like Henry, great for the club (Werder Bremen) but he doesn't have the same impact with the NT. True our midfielders may not creat good service to him as most of our goals come on set pieces and crosses but I was expecting better...

·
Registered
69,534 Posts
btw, did you guys hear that Prso will retire from international football after the World Cup? btw, does he know how to speak English?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts