·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Just in case no-one has saw them yet.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I am sometimes given to quite arrogant sum ups of some situations, sorry thats me!

Heres another one : That orange top should never have been made.

(the other two are reasonably nice)

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Firstly the top is Tangerine NOT Orange ;)

Secondly I do not see why it's causing so much fuss. If anyone thinks it has links to the Orange Order then they are looking at it from a bigoted point of view IMO. The highest rank in the OO is GREEN. Would there be fuss from the outside then? Thought not.

Remember it's TANGERINE.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Tangerine is to all intents and purposes orange. Really give up on that line it just sounds silly. If you wish to continue on it please inform me on the colour, tone and contrast differences between orange and tangerine.

If your trying to tell me that top wasn't voted for (as i recall this was some fans opinion job) just to wind people up (and for worse reasons) then I give up.

Why do old firm fans have such and objectiveless point of view when it comes to their clubs????????

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
its a dutch strip! orange. al la purple hero's if you ask me. a disgusting top that im surewill endup being a best seller amounst the morons. home strip is not too bad, but that tv ad is embarrassing! i had a good laugh at mcleish's big pointin finger "but it noo"! hehehe

as for the white one, hate the red white andblue crap in the rangers strip, it always looked best when they ahd an all blue top, white shorts, and either white or blue socks.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
p.s. gildea, nice of you to lump us both together again, i see taht as just as ignorant. like these americans (i dont mean to generalise, but they ddo exist!) who think Scotchland is a town in england.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The top is disgusting I agree!

Obviously it was to wind people up. But apparantly that's ok. Just like Feyenoord did.....

I just think the club have pulled a fast one. Ah let's put out a TANGERINE(Ask a United fan the difference)top and all the ned fans(There are a few @ Ibrox & Porkheid ;) ) and make a few bob.

Valencia, Swindon have Orange tops to name a few.......are they doing it for a wind up?

JB I think he lumped the OF together as for some odd reason your kits seem to resemble an IRISH tri-colour, let's not go there though ;)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
do you see orange anywhere in hte celtic shirt to make a tricolour?? No you dont. so that doesnt make sense. tehres a big difference between a purple hero uniform and feyenoord wearing celtic tops. i dont know why you dig that up, its clearly of a totally different nature. winding someone up is very different when it takes a bigoted nature.

waht you think about the home strip idea i had? without the mingin socks?

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the tri-colour Green White and ORANGE or GOLD? I've always been confused.

Yeah I like the home top and your idea is good and Rangers will be sellinh alternative socks the the fashion disaster black & red ones. Not sure the the other socks are white or blue or both ;)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
its green white and orange, i think the confusion, is that celtic the club, has the colours green white and gold, usually used in away strips, not all together.

the tricolour was meant to represent white being between green and orange.

glad theyre releasing the other socks, still dont think ill buy it though ;)

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didn't think so ;)

You know that new rule you were on about that entitles small clubs who produce players and sell on to compensation?

Well it wasn't in play this season but does come in place after the World Cup.

·
Registered
892 Posts
We can have an Orange top if we want, for it is a bloody nice colour. I will be buying and you can call me a moron if you want.
I also just got the new Dutch top cos I think that is nice too.
You might also be able to see us when the floodlights go out at an away game cos with what is going on in Scottish football right now the smaller clubs in the SPL might not be able to afford the electricity.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hehe!

I'll buy all 3, as per usual. It could be brown for all I care.

·
Registered
740 Posts
"Scottish football right now the smaller clubs in the SPL might not be able to afford the electricity."

Idiot.

Of course I lump old firm fans together when it comes to defending your clubs you all act very similarly.

Ie irish flag - irish roots
british flag - british team
northern ireland flags - they're from NI hence allowed to bring their flags
athenrye - sang because its a nice song
rule britannia & god save the queen - ditto
thuggish fans - its a small segment (true but still larger than most)
we lost a match - referees fault (rangers have started this a bit too)

and the fact that you think that two sets of fans come from the same (small) country, generally from the same town are not by and large when you get down to it the same is borderline bigotry juve.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
cool, see i knew it was a good idea for a ruling!

ok, dont start the athenrye chant again gildea, its getting boring, that has been argued andfinished with, and yet you keep bringing it up like an old housewife. you know my views, and i know yours, i know what i think of your views on it, and i know waht you think of mine, its not an arguable point anymore, so leave it out, its getting tiresome.

secondly, i totally resent that statement, and im sure the rangers fans in here will do. we dont class it as, old firm and all yous diddy teams. i dont call you a morton fan. so dont ignorantly generalise please.

·
Registered
892 Posts
No I said "smaller teams" not "diddy teams", other than the OF the rest are smaller teams. It was supposed to be a light hearted joke obviously it was not taken that way.
I have supported a smaller team since '95 so the joke was not meant to offend anyone.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hmmm ok then shoot aside from the team you support and probably the religion explain the differences between rangers and celtic fans.

All I am saying is that, in general, both sets of old firm fan's attitude towards their respective teams is fairly similar.

In that respect yes a st mirren fans and a morton fans attitude towards their respective teams could be classed as similar.

So generalisation yes, ignorant no.

ps as for the athenrye thing no i wasn't trying to 'start' it again but it was one of the things in my points thats all as such I put it in.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't start the British thing either.

Aberdeen fans regulalry took a Union Jack to the games a few years back, nothing was said then.

If smaller club's supporters worried about their own clubs as much as they butch on about the OF maybe Scottish Football, outside the OF I must add, is in such a sorry state.

·
Registered
740 Posts
"Don't start the british thing"

What on earth are you on about. I am not trying to start anything. I was making comparison's about to sets of fans being similar THAT IS ALL. So please get off your high horse. (though now you've started it I assume its always innocent? ohhh forget it...)

As for the aberdeen thing though I don't remember it but I SERIOUSLY doubt nothing was said. Though it could be suggested that if it was perfectly normal they would still do it surely?

Regardless though this is irelvant all i am basically saying is that celtic and rangers fans are very much alike (and i must say the two replies i've recieved kind of prove my point).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts