Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not realy anythin to do with Newcastle, but since i'm a
Rangers fan(kinda) i jus want some English supporters opinions.

How would you feel if Rangers & Cetic joined the English Premiership?

Would you:-

Like it?
Not mind?
Not like it?
Would like them to start from the 3rd Div?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I would love to see it there,but what about the other Scottish Premier League teams,it would end up the same with 1 or 2 dominating the League:(.I think Rangers and Celtic should stay in the Scottish Premier League and just wait for the other Scottish clubs to come and challenge and just wait for Celtic and Rangers to fall from grace:).Maybe one day there could be a Aberdeen with a Manager like Sir Alex to break the Celtic and Rangers run you just never know,but for the sake of Scottish Football Rangers and Celtic need to be there eh:).

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Or what i was thinking maybe a British SUPER LEAGUEimagine that that would be the best league in the World No doubt:).But this might cause Eastern Europe to also create a Super League and it could cause a break out but just imagine that a British SuperLeague dream boys dream:D.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
This is a tough question ...

... a few things have got to be addressed. In a perfect world Celtic and Gers would make awesome additions to the EPL, but we don't live in a perfect world.

The majority of teams have trouble filling their away allocation at matches - could we really envisage Southampton or Leicester fans making the hike upto Glasgow twice a year? Similarly the other way around - the original novelty may see the full allocation of Glasgow fans make the trip south but what happens if there is a form-slump? There might be next to no away support for them in England.

On a more sombre note, how safe would it be for English fans outside of the actual stadium up in Scotland and vice-versa? Let's not forget (although we'd love to) that the England-Scotland fixture was black-banned because of hooliganism and violence not so long ago.

My vote is no. (Although I'm Australian and my opinion doesn't mean squat :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the replies guys.

Personally i dont care weather Rangers & Celtic leave or not because I can see both positive and negative points to both :

If they leave - they go and get all the money they want.
Other scottish clubs get a chance of winning the league. Livvy, Hearts, Hibs, Killie, Aberdeen would all be top contenders. (Although the league is possibly the worst its ever been this year). Gradually all other clubs will earn more money and the league will (eventually) become stronger.

If they stay - They continue to dominate Scottish football. No other clubs have a chance of winning. But they recieve huge (for them) cash bonuses from playing the Old Firm.

A British league, i do not think is a good idea. Okay, great for The top 20 in britain (18 english teams and 2 scottish) but devestating for all others. A british cup would be a good idea. Instead of the Worthington abd CIS cup (Sorry to Irish & Welsh fans, i do not know alot about your football).
But you would end up with about 20 rounds!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts