Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Man Utd's highest ever attendance of 80,000+ (I recall) was actually at Maine Road (Man City old stadium) while Old Trafford was undergoing repairs (from WW2 bombing)

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Juventus is a latin word and means "youth" not to be confused with Pietro Vierchowod who won the Champions League with Juventus at the age of 37.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Juventus, along with Internazionale, are the only clubs in Italy who have never been officially relegated from the top division of Calcio.

·
Registered
484 Posts
The first Manchester United Supporters Club was formed in Malta.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
In 1976, while we were 21 years without winning a major title, we reached the Semi final of the Brazilian championship. The game was in the legendary Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, and 70000 Corinthians fans invaded the Maracana after travelling 440 Km from Sao Paulo. We had more fans that Fluminense and it is known to be the biggest fan base movement of the whole history of the sport:)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Setzer said:
We're the only club in the world that would sign Ranieri and Corradi in the same season :howler:
:D :tongue:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
In 1976, while we were 21 years without winning a major title, we reached the Semi final of the Brazilian championship. The game was in the legendary Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, and 70000 Corinthians fans invaded the Maracana after travelling 440 Km from Sao Paulo. We had more fans that Fluminense and it is known to be the biggest fan base movement of the whole history of the sport:)
At that time it must've been. :cool: In 1989, 90,000 Milan fans filled the Nou Camp for the European Champions' Cup final against Steaua Bucharest. ;)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Sporting Lisbon has the biggest record score in european cup matches

1963/64 cup winners cup match Sporting 16-1 Apoel Nicosia

btw sporting won that cup winners cup, after get rid of atalanta apoel nicosia, manchester united, lyon and MTK budapest in the final :smileani:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Famous for the :star:Busby Babes:star:, managed by :star:Sir Matt Busby:star:, a relatively young team of players set on world dominance before..... Munich.... :( :( :(

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Held the FA Cup for the longest time

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Arsenal is the club that had the original ‘Kop’. Whilst still playing in Plumstead soldiers returning from the Boer War compared the hill at one end of the ground with Spion Kop, the scene of a notorious battle.

Arsenal was the first southern club in England to turn professional.

Shirt numbers, floodlighting, radio/tv broadcasting of matches, under soil heating, nursery clubs, foreign tours, player care … the list of innovations that Arsenal are either responsible for or were major movers towards is endless under Herbert Chapman, believe it or not.

Muhammad Ali came to London in May of 1966 to give Henry Cooper a re-match he knew there was only one place grand enough to stage the fight, and on the 21st they fought at Highbury.

During the Second World War clubs were allowed to field guest players who were barracked in the area. Amongst those to turn out for Arsenal were the wing wizards Stanley Matthews and Stan Mortensen, and a certain Matt Busby.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Cacìni said:
Yup, money'll do that for ya.
Don't hate us because we are rich..

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Andr3w said:
Don't hate us because we are rich..
I don't. I hate you because you are cheating scum that robs teams of their hard earned success, who jeapordizes the health of your players for even more success, because your management is a collection of men with a seemingly lack of moral, because you have no tifoseria to speak of, no passion, no class.

But not because you're rich, that I could not care less about.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Cacìni said:
I don't. I hate you because you are cheating scum that robs teams of their hard earned success, who jeapordizes the health of your players for even more success, because your management is a collection of men with a seemingly lack of moral, because you have no tifoseria to speak of, no passion, no class.
Awe, look what we have here. Another little Romanista who just wetted her tampon. Nobody really cares what you have to say, because even if they did take away the few titles in the 90's, we would still be the most successful club in Italy. However, they are not going to take them away because the case lacks sufficient evidence.

I say again, go feed this shit to your Romanista friends and your fat-ass book-bending President Sensi.

btw, you do not need to respond, you will be wasting your time, again. You can make up whatever you want, however people with any sense are not going to listen.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts