Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day 20:

Juventus: 1 point in 2 games. Not a good start of the year. The attack doesn't score, the defense concedes too much. For sure they miss Asamoah, Chiellini and a healthy Vucinic. And their first purchase is already a flop.

Congratulations to Petkovic and whoever at Lazio decided to hire him as a coach. Lazio have gained 42 points in 20 games, like in 1999-2000 (the season of their 2nd scudetto).

Third win in a row for Napoli who are back in the fight for scudetto (-5 from Juventus).

De Rossi-Zeman: what is the solution? Roma are 13 points behind Juventus and, what is really worse, 10 behind Lazio. According to Zeman's explanation De Rossi can't play with Florenzi and Bradley because all of them are incontristi (defensive midfielders, and De Rossi right now is of course the third choice according to Zeman), so he chose Tachtsidis. DDR can play just with Pjanic according to Zeman! (and with Tachtsidis if Zeman's speech is not bs).

Milan are mediocre. If they reached the CL spot it would mean that serie A is worse than I thought. Luckily it won't happen. Sorry Berlu, but Niang, for good that he is, doesn't look like Balotelli. Maybe he is not a bad egg, maybe he is not dumb...

Udinese lost many pieces during the past summer but they are like the Phoenix. And they have an unbelievable striker in Di Natale (14 goals!).

Beware of Atalanta. I think they have weakened their defense during the transfer campiagn (Peluso is not good enough for Juventus in 3-man defense but for Atalanta he was important and even more important was IMO the veteran Manfredini). There are now 10 clubs involved in the relegation battle.

how could Iachini allow Rosina to take the PK? I understand that Paolucci, for example, had managed to miss two PKs in the same game when he played for Vicenza, but Rosina, as a former granata, looked like the worst possible choice. It is not a surprise that he missed it. Not saying that he did it on purpose of course.

I realized there is plenty of goals scored with headers without defenders marking their opponents.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Day 21.

De Sanctis with the blunder of the year? That was one special moment he had.
This is a rhetoric question, I'm assuming. There's no topping it this season, no way.

It wasn't even a shot, but a long pass. :D

Blunder of the season De Sanctis against Viola and goal of the season Miccoli against Chievo, hands down.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If De Sanctis is candidate to an award for the blunder of the season, I think Borriello is candidate to an award for the missed goal of the season after the incredible goal he missed during Genoa-Catania (bye bye Delneri, I will... miss you!).
Weiss instead is building a solid reputation as diver. The dive which costed him the first yellow is pretty funny too. Probably the second yellow was a bit harsh, but I'm happy he got it. Cheat.
Pazzini instead is building a reputation as demolisher of Bologna with 5 of the 10 goals he has scored in this season which were scored to Bologna.
I don't like Milan at all, but indeed no team out of Juventus convinces me so it would not be a real surprise to me if they managed to catch the CL spot. I don't really like even Napoli, who managed to waste in one game the 2 points the appeal to the federal court gave them back. Least of all Roma and Inter.
I know may people will be amazed by my next sentence: no team deserves to win this scudetto more than Juventus.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Pazzini's 2nd&Pogba scoring candidates for goals of the week and collection for the season;).

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
He always does well against us, be it for Bari, Novara and now Torino. Milan should probably sign him based on that.

I watched Bologna-Roma and the 2nd half of Catania-Viola, and there's something in common between the matches. The tv directors kept on showing Steklenburg and Viviano on the bench, as they are being benched by 'new', less known faces. The new faces ****ed up, wonder how Steklenburg and Viv felt.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Juve follow their absurd crusade against the so called "poteri forti". It has been like that since calciopoli: they pretend there is a kind of powerful enemy without one name, or maybe with more names, according to needs, a sort of secret alliance which conspires in the hidden rooms of the governance of Italian football. Result: Conte is again banned together with Bonucci (the irony, again the former Barese duo!) and Chiellini.
Chiellini, like Miccoli, managed to get a ban without having played. Chiellini felt the need to leave the stands of Juventus Stadium in order to insult the referee, Miccoli was on the bench and the protest after the goal scored by Thiago Ribeiro, the nth goal conceded by Palermo near the end of the game. will cost him the next two games against Atalanta and Pescara, both at Barbera.

More short random thoughts:
- Bologna-Roma was probably one of the worst serie A games ever in terms of defending. The defenses of both sides sucked badly.
- for bad that Viviano and Stekelenburg might have been in this season it is to me a mystery the reason why Neto and Goycoechea are preferred to them.
- does Santacroce know the offside rule?
- Cerci is a fantastic player.... when he cares enough to show it.
- if Perin is worth 20-25 million euros according to Preziosi, how much is worth Icardi who scored four goals to Perin?

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
- Cerci is a fantastic player.... when he cares enough to show it. >>

Was thinking this very thing yesterday as I watched him go carving. Dude oozes with talent, but apparently he has a serious ego problem. Guess that can happen when you grow up hearing Totti praise you. We let him go for 4 mil to Fiorentina. Apparently his arrogance repelled people there. I think he needs an accomplished coach to ride herd on his ass and he could easily play for Italy in Brazil.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Juventus: 1 point in 2 games. Not a good start of the year. The attack doesn't score, the defense concedes too much. For sure they miss Asamoah, Chiellini and a healthy Vucinic. And their first purchase is already a flop.
did the buy Llorenet and Licha? those two are very good players, Licha sia bit old but...

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
We signed Llorente for the summer, Lisandro is a no go (still trying), Aulas/Lyon is refusing to consider any deals.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
so might be too late...I like a lot Llorente, if he is well used, he might be a hit...Licha still is a major idol in Lyon would be harder to grab him and I think he is not getting any younger, but he has the determination to succeed in Italy and anywhere...maybe it was a tarsnfer that could be doen a couple of years ago..

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Was thinking this very thing yesterday as I watched him go carving. Dude oozes with talent, but apparently he has a serious ego problem. Guess that can happen when you grow up hearing Totti praise you. We let him go for 4 mil to Fiorentina. Apparently his arrogance repelled people there. I think he needs an accomplished coach to ride herd on his ass and he could easily play for Italy in Brazil.
It's been 4-5 weeks now since Cerci's been in form. Ventura may be the coach you're thinking of if arrogance is the primary reason why he only plays well in patches. Yesterday, I saw no deficiency in character but an offensive winger who, apart from a good display going forward, sacrificed himself defensively until his lungs and legs gave out. A very disciplined outing.

I'm sure Cerci losing his form for the remainder of the season since an excellent start to the season also had something to do with he leaving the Viola.

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
i would say that serie a games have exciting recently. never be able to predict any game (e.g, we all had predicted juve to beat genoa ). we have seeing some dramatic results.. juve drops pts, milan, inter, roma. also the competition becomes stronger now. teams like lazio, napoli have been involved in it.

we promising with interesting competition in the relegation places as well.

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
ToniSamp said:
- Bologna-Roma was probably one of the worst serie A games ever in terms of defending. The defenses of both sides sucked badly.

agreed.

which i noticed also from this game that players showed a lot of tension in most of the 2nd half moments which affect their show negatively, tough tacklings included

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
Parma vs Napoli (1-2) was game of the week, no doubt in that. but the question: do you think it was also the best game in serie a this season as some analysts said in Jazera sport channels?

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Parma vs Napoli (1-2) was game of the week, no doubt in that. but the question: do you think it was also the best game in serie a this season as some analysts said in Jazera sport channels?
Didn't see the game but El Galy and Khaled Honsy are tards. So is that biased juventino piece of shit Haj Ali. I ****ed him up on his fb page a while ago. :)

1 - 20 of 325 Posts