Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big game for Pearson, he needs a result to take some pressure off.

Sounds like he is fairly happy with the shape of the team, but I'm not sure about Hughes and Bryson as a midfield 2. We could do with Wiemann and Camara available too.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Huge game!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Looks unlikely Wiemann and Camara will be for to play.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
FIT

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Midfielder Johnny Russell has been ruled out of Derby's match against Ipswich after picking up a calf injury during Saturday's loss to Newcastle.

Winger Ikechi Anya is also a doubt having sustained cramp in the 2-0 defeat, while defender Richard Keogh is nursing an ankle injury.

Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy could bring in new signings Tom Lawrence and Leon Best, who were both named on the bench during Friday's defeat by Reading.

Conor Grant could come in after injury.

Match facts

Derby have failed to win any of their last eight home league meetings with the Tractor Boys (D3 L5), last triumphing in November 2006. :scared:
The last three meetings between these sides has finished 1-0 to the away team, with David McGoldrick scoring Ipswich's winner last season.
The Rams are the first second-tier side since Rotherham in 2003-04 to score only once in their opening six games.
Ipswich have won just two of their last 14 away Championship games (D6 L6), scoring just seven goals in that time.
The Tractor Boys have used the fewest number of players so far this season (17).

·
Registered
612 Posts
I reckon Mick McCarthy is pretty good at "sorting things out in the interval". In the first half of a Derby vs. Ipswich that I attended on 30 August 2014 (Brewers must have been away:lol:), the visitors sat back and offered no threat; in the second half they were transformed. Good luck to Derby tonight.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah Ipswich and Mick McCarthy teams have both been bogey teams for us, so together is not good. Though, we've had some good wins at Portman road in recent years. Not at home though.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Yeah, perhaps not the best game to try and turn things round, going by history. Though to be honest I think most derby fans would view a goal as progress.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Team news

Carson

Christie
Keogh
Pearce
Olsson

Butterfield
Bryson
Hughes
Anya

Wilson
Vydra

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Pretty black skies just now. Though the sky is a bit brighter now, the players may have to contend with a downpour.
That's just the derby fans approaching the ground...

Reactions: Jeffrey

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Shackell on the bench, so dropped. Pearce is probably overdue a chance, as we've been shaky at the back for a long time.

Mitchell, Baird, Johnson, Ince, Bent, Blackman also on bench.

I'm wondering who's playing on the left or right, depending which side Anya plays, Butterfield or maybe Wilson??

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Bright start, Vydra with a good chance saved. Need to keep the tempo up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts